Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So if someone was determined to white-top their rig after-market, which is the best way to go about it:

Option A: get color of your choice > paint top and top panels white > worry about fitment and leaks later.

Option B: Get a white Bronco with color-matched top > have the rest of the Bronco painted the color of your choice keeping the top, roll cage and body accents (door handles, trim pieces, etc.) factory white.

To me, Option B seems more expensive, but more likely to replicate the CG prototype that we all love so damn much, as well as alleviate concerns with painting the roof panels.
Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you think a re-painting or vinyl wrapping the top would cause concerns for leaks?

I'm leaning more towards option A with shadow black and a wrap. Re-sale comes into play, given youre getting OJ White car going with option B. Also, if you every get tired of the white top, pull the vinyl and go back to shadow black. Plus id be a bit hesitant to wrap the body given some of the exposed sheetmetal inside. Youd need a very high end vinyl job. Lastly, the T Tops are probably going to get the most wear and tear. I dont mind the idea of wrapping them in white, and potentially re-wrapping down the road to keep it fresh, or preserving the black top if i revert back to black. You know the factory white top is going to get beat up anyway.

option b only makes sense if you’re going for a really flashy build and want a custom color, white roll cage, on top of other mods.

Energiesrce

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Ford Bronco, 2018 Ford F150, 2015 Tesla S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Personally if it was a painted white top I'd probably get it.
The moulded in color top for my 88 bronco is sun stained a yellow/brown/dirt color now so if these tops were made the same in white, I wouldn't get it.

I like making my vehicles unique and if they don't offer a white top from factory it would stand out to paint it but my point is if I'm paying for a vehicle STARTING at $42,000, I'm not doing shit to it for a while cause I'll be broke. They spent half their time on the reveal talking about all these accessories available for it yet something as simple as a painted top is not available. Just sort of missing the mark but no one is going to be happy. When I found out the v6 wasn't available with a manual transmission I was out so I really don't care about the bronco anymore.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Who here DOESN'T think they are listening? :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why did I have to prove I'm not a bot, to get into this thread?

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They're probably saving the white top for a "Heritage" edition and hopefully available going forward.

The Wrangler Chief had a white top but I don't think a white top is available a la carte now. I think this white top looks great on this Wrangler.

Ford Bronco Levine: White top not an option. We are listening  (UPDATE) rjyhew456j56e
The white top is available on the new Islander body themed Wrangler.

Sponsored

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Imagine the frustration of those who wanted white top but had to settle for something else only to learn later that Ford listened and will offer the white top for 2022!???‍♂?

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Imagine the frustration of those who wanted white top but had to settle for something else only to learn later that Ford listened and will offer the white top for 2022!???‍♂?
I would be pissed. BUT life goes on.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m holding out a year or two anyways for a proper engine so hopefully I can get it with a white top as well.

Gucc62

Outer Banks
First Name
Ihor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 Vette, 2017 Lexus RX450H
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So if someone was determined to white-top their rig after-market, which is the best way to go about it:

Option A: get color of your choice > paint top and top panels white > worry about fitment and leaks later.

Option B: Get a white Bronco with color-matched top > have the rest of the Bronco painted the color of your choice keeping the top, roll cage and body accents (door handles, trim pieces, etc.) factory white.

To me, Option B seems more expensive, but more likely to replicate the CG prototype that we all love so damn much, as well as alleviate concerns with painting the roof panels.
Sponsored