Sponsored

Lifetime drivetrain warranty?

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Then you have to use them for every single service. Who honestly can’t do their own oil changes? Especially when they want $80 for a synthetic oil change.

And they will still deny their “lifetime” powertrain warranty when they see scratches on the frame and call it customer abuse.
With Ford advertising the hell out of the off-road capabilities the warranty better allow damages from off-roading or Ford will get sued into oblivion...

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
With Ford advertising the hell out of the off-road capabilities the warranty better allow damages from off-roading or Ford will get sued into oblivion...
Ford, and any successful company for that matter, gets sued daily. Its how we roll here in the USA. Our founding fathers comprised of far more Doctors than lawyers, that is definitely not the case with our government officials today.

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just cant see Ford not covering the off-road damage. The dealer worries about the drive train aspect for their warranty.

Edit: Idk why it only posted half of what I wrote first time.

Ford, and any successful company for that matter, gets sued daily. Its how we roll here in the USA. Our founding fathers comprised of far more Doctors than lawyers, that is definitely not the case with our government officials today.
I had to counter-sue Home Depot when I lived in Kansas. Thankfully I won but I wouldn't want to go through it with Ford. I watched the movie about the man who invented the intermittent windshield wiper and than Ford tried to steal it. I understand not placing absolute faith in Ford or its warranty. That's why I will for sure be reading the fine print on the Bronco.

Last edited:

phobiarg

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus ST // 2017 2.7 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Warranties are for suckers

How many people do you know who have replaced a major drivetrain component? Much less during the length of time that people typically keep a car.....

Consider it worthless, and don't pay anything for it

Ford replaced my transmission twice, clutch twice, flywheel once and a free oil change in my Focus ST, all under warranty. Granted I had to jump through hoops, but all it costed me was time and some frustration. Granted this experience is why I'm definitely not buying another GETRAG manual from Ford again so I am going for the 10AT in the Bronco.

I brought the car in at 33k miles because the transmission was whining in 3rd-6th gears. They checked the transmission and said there was something wrong with it, but they were going to keep the car. A few days later they called me to tell me the trans had a hole in it and there was an abundance of metal shavings. They told me they would replace the trans under warranty but I should also replace the clutch at the same time. They wanted to charge me 1k for the new clutch install while they were replacing the trans. I declined and said the clutch was fine.

A few days later I called them to ask for a status update and was told the transmission was on order. I complained that they had already had the car for a while and they gave me a loaner.

Around 5 days later I got the call to come get my car. I went to the dealership, they pulled the car around and I noticed it was bucking a lot. I walked up to the car and smelled burning clutch. I got in the car, and the clutch was fried. A quick walk inside and they took the car back and checked it. An hour later I as given another loaner and I was gone.

Throughout the next week I had several phone calls from all the major managers giving me a hard time about the clutch saying it was probably bad when I delivered the car to them. I held my ground and eventually was given the good news as now they were telling me I was lucky and they were going to give me a free clutch because it went out in their possession. I didn't care much for their attitude but if I was getting the clutch fixed F it, it was fine.

After about a week, I get the call to come get the car again. I go get the car, it feels awesome, the trans felt tight and the clutch felt perfect. I get in and start to drive it home. Two miles later the trans starts whining again. I get frustrated, drive it home and stew on it for a few days. I call several other dealerships to try to get it repaired elsewhere, but they didn't want to touch it.

I finally get a survey in the email asking for my input on my recent service. I laid into them and explained everything that happened in great detail and mentioned that I was going to be calling corporate. The following morning I have voicemail from their PR department. They wanted to meet with me. I decided I would call them back later in the day. Then I get a phone call from the general manager of the dealership who wants me to meet with him, the service manager, the lead mechanic and the mechanic that did the repairs.

I went in, spoke to all of them, I was treated like a VIP the entire time. They offered to do everything it took to make the car perfect. I accepted and they gave me a much nicer loaner (Instead of a Focus like my previous, I got a fully loaded top trim Fusion off the lot).

Another 4 days and I have a new transmission, again, a new clutch again, a new flywheel, a fresh oil change and a detailing inside and out. Apparently the first replacement trans was bad out of the crate. Yeah it was crappy to go through all of that, but I feel like I was taken care of in the end.

Last edited:

Sponsored

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yeah well a drunk not using the crosswalk at the traffic light decides to just walk across 4 lanes of divided roadway. Luckily the Tacoma in the left lane didn't hit him, but my son in the right lane just behind the Tacoma, hits him and his case of freshly bought beer with his motorcycle. My son was lucky to regain control of his bike and stopped Wonder what the hell just happened. After the guy came out of coma and released home to continue therapy he hires a lawyer who tries to sue my son. Once the lawyer found out he didn't have insurance, Florida doesn't require motorcycle insurance, the lawyer drops the case. My 23 year old son fixed and sold his bike and has no desire to ride anymore. Not all lawyers are bad, but there's a bunch of them that cost all of us a hell of a lot of money in baked in Legal costs for today's businesses

AZRap

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Raptor, 16 Mustang, 56 F100, 19 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Check out Flood Ford. Same ESP dealers are selling but they are high volume so they are considerably cheaper. Super good reputation in the Mustang and truck communities.
Sponsored