Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What are your thoughts/personal experience with the lifetime powertrain warranty some dealers offer? I personally think itll be worth it if you drive your vehicles until it dies but have no experience with them.
Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
What are your thoughts/personal experience with the lifetime powertrain warranty some dealers offer? I personally think itll be worth it if you drive your vehicles until it dies but have no experience with them.
Then you have to use them for every single service. Who honestly can’t do their own oil changes? Especially when they want $80 for a synthetic oil change.

And they will still deny their “lifetime” powertrain warranty when they see scratches on the frame and call it customer abuse.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depends on the cost, how many miles you drive annually and if you plan on modding the vehicle. I don’t buy extended warranties but if it gives people more peace of mind, they should go for it. I think the Ford 5 year, 60k miles is pretty standard and should work for me

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't know anything about this "nationwide lifetime", but I have bought my last 2 cars from a Mazda dealer that included something like this free if you buy from them. You have to read the fine print... In my case, it is not nationwide (so just that dealer), but more important, many of those do not cover 99% of what would break.

The don't cover electronics, normal wear and tear parts, accessories, etc. I had the MAF sensor go out in one of my cars.. guess what ... NOT covered.

So maybe it's worth it.. if it is Free.. then definatley worth it, but if it costs extra, make sure to read the fine print.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have it on my 19 F150 provided by dealer free of cost. Its worth gold IMO as you dont need to add in protection for drivetrain, I would however add in the electronics coverage, that is the one that will pay for iteself.

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My local dealer offers a free Lifetime Powertrain warranty as well. Haven't talked to them about specifics yet. If it's free then I guess it's worth it but I wouldn't buy it.

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
DOes not seem as if many if any dealers offer this in California

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Warranties are for suckers

How many people do you know who have replaced a major drivetrain component? Much less during the length of time that people typically keep a car.....

Consider it worthless, and don't pay anything for it

chadasm

Raptor
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 2017 Focus ST, 2019 F450
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
https://www.ricartford.com/lifetime-warranty

I was looking at something like that it doesnt require work to be done at the dealership.. seems like if you keep a record of maintenance(probably recipts) the warranty is still good.
I bought a 2019 F450 from them after replacing the engine, replacing the turbo, and having the transmission starting to act up on my older F350.
I like that their warranty does not require you to do any more maintenance than what the manual says, and you don't have to have maintenance or the warranty work done at their dealership. They gave me a great price on the 450 and were easy to deal with. I would use them even if it wasn't for the warranty.

Sponsored

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am curious what the warranty will cover in terms of off-roading incidents. Bronco is advertised as this rugged off-roading vehicle so I can't see why there wouldn't be some off-roading coverage wrote in to the warranty.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Then you have to use them for every single service. Who honestly can’t do their own oil changes? Especially when they want $80 for a synthetic oil change.

And they will still deny their “lifetime” powertrain warranty when they see scratches on the frame and call it customer abuse.
They charge you $80 for that? My changes are $47 for synthetic and tire rotation.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
They charge you $80 for that? My changes are $47 for synthetic and tire rotation.
They don’t charge me anything because Costco sells Mobile1 full synthetic for $26-28 for 6 quarts and the auto parts store sells filters for a couple bucks

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

https://www.ricartford.com/lifetime-warranty

I was looking at something like that it doesnt require work to be done at the dealership.. seems like if you keep a record of maintenance(probably recipts) the warranty is still good.
There's a dealer locally who has this as well, but in the details they specifically say the maintenance (oil changes, recommended maintenance at certain mileage, etc) must be completed by their service department. I'd look into that a little deeper.

Currently, I'm considering this to be a factor in where I take delivery of my Bronco. If I travel more than 2 hours to order with my chosen dealer, then this warranty would go out the window. Granger is my current dealer and I will more than likely stick with them, but if someone locally can come close and they have the lifetime power train, I'd probably do some serious thinking about my situation. Up to this point, dealers in the suburbs aren't talking. Canned responses of not hearing anything yet are typical of my interactions with them.

Big L 65

Outer Banks
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
With a Lifetime warranty might as well just send it everywhere. They do it In the Mustang community why not us ?
Sponsored