Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am very interested in this bracket! I just have a couple of questions for you, just to make sure I’m understanding it right.

If I use the stock tire carrier with the Turn bracket, will the tire/wheel protrude an extra 2”, therefore pushing the tires to be 2” away from the stops on the tailgate? If I were to add the Turn carrier with the Turn bracket, can the carrier be adjusted so the stock Sasquatch wheel/tire combo comes back 2”, thus allowing the tires to sit against the stops like they’re supposed to?

Also, does the bracket sit up against the paint of the tailgate, or is there a gap? If it sits on the paint, is there something on the back of the bracket to prevent scratches from rubbing on the tailgate?
Hi thanks for the questions!

Yes with the stock carrier the wheel will protrude an extra couple of inches when using the stock carrier.

With the Turn bracket the tire sits up against the carrier instead of the bumps on the tailgate.

The bracket sits on the tailgate and we provide a laser cut closed cell foam pad to go between the bracket and the tailgate.

If you think of any other questions please let me know!
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ll make a thread later this week once I have time to adjust the hinges. It’s just too hot and I have a couple days of house work I need to get done.

Install was easy enough by myself, but I had a lot more wires to disconnect and rerun for the lights and antennas than in the install video, so it took about 2 hours in a HOT garage.

Ford Bronco Lifting our Bronco by the Tire Carrier (by Turn Offroad) with a Forklift IMG_3641
Ford Bronco Lifting our Bronco by the Tire Carrier (by Turn Offroad) with a Forklift IMG_3640

cobralsc

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Mini / 01 Viper
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know you are busy, didn't get to offroad, and will post a new thread late but simply put...should you purchase Turn's adj carrier or just keep OEM carrier setup like you have now?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know you are busy, didn't get to offroad, and will post a new thread late but simply put...should you purchase Turn's adj carrier or just keep OEM carrier setup like you have now?

Let me mount a Sasquatch wheel on it tomorrow and I'll give you my thoughts with the Balck Diamond steelies and the Sasquatch wheels.

cobralsc

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Mini / 01 Viper
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks!!! I am ready to buy. Wanted your take first.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OK, so this is my opinion after installing the support and using the OEM carrier. Regardless of carrier used, your tire is raised one inch higher on the tailgate.

First, if strength is a concern, buy the carrier from Turn. The OEM carrier is an alloy frame with a composite shell. Certainly strong enough for 35s, but I doubt you'd want to hang 38s off it.

There are two different OEM carriers. Sasquatch, and everything else. The Sasquatch is one inch shorter. So basically, if you are using your stock wheels with the OEM carrier, it will come out approximately the same distance from the support.

Using the OEM carrier, my Black Diamond steelies with 35X11.50s is slightly less than one inch from the support and would require a 3 inch bumper. Would be slightly less with the Sasquatch wheel and carrier. The issue is if you have 0 offset wheels, they will stick out more. Much more on the non sasquatch carrier.

As far as looks, I'm OK with stock on stock, but was not crazy about kicking the tire out another inch. Some combos will be sticking out 2 more inches. So, if it was me, I'd say stock OEM with stock wheels, otherwise you probably will want the carrier from Turn.

This is stock carrier, stock wheels:

Ford Bronco Lifting our Bronco by the Tire Carrier (by Turn Offroad) with a Forklift IMG_3651
Ford Bronco Lifting our Bronco by the Tire Carrier (by Turn Offroad) with a Forklift IMG_3650

OP
OP
Turn Offroad

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

OK, so this is my opinion after installing the support and using the OEM carrier. Regardless of carrier used, your tire is raised one inch higher on the tailgate.

First, if strength is a concern, buy the carrier from Turn. The OEM carrier is an alloy frame with a composite shell. Certainly strong enough for 35s, but I doubt you'd want to hang 38s off it.

There are two different OEM carriers. Sasquatch, and everything else. The Sasquatch is one inch shorter. So basically, if you are using your stock wheels with the OEM carrier, it will come out approximately the same distance from the support.

Using the OEM carrier, my Black Diamond steelies with 35X11.50s is slightly less than one inch from the support and would require a 3 inch bumper. Would be slightly less with the Sasquatch wheel and carrier. The issue is if you have 0 offset wheels, they will stick out more. Much more on the non sasquatch carrier.

As far as looks, I'm OK with stock on stock, but was not crazy about kicking the tire out another inch. Some combos will be sticking out 2 more inches. So, if it was me, I'd say stock OEM with stock wheels, otherwise you probably will want the carrier from Turn.

Ford Bronco Lifting our Bronco by the Tire Carrier (by Turn Offroad) with a Forklift IMG_3650
Thank you for the write up!

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@kodiakisland thanks for the pictures! Welds and metal thickness look like a winner!
I was going to say it looks like they hired two different welders to work on that. One making $75 an hour, and one making $10 an hour*. (For reference, I'm a DIY home-gamer welder and could make those $10 an hour welds)

The brace is a full production model so that's what you should expect in quality when you open the package.

Have to say that at that price point for an offshore product it's a bit over-priced, IMHO. At nearly a grand for the brace and tire carrier (projecting $1,300 with Wavian jerry holder), it's not too far off from domestic manufacturing prices and is dangerously close in price to what a swing arm carrier would be (in addition to the aftermarket bumper, which you probably wanted anyway).

*adjusting to offshore labor costs, that would be $10 an hour and $1.50 an hour.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was going to say it looks like they hired two different welders to work on that. One making $75 an hour, and one making $10 an hour*. (For reference, I'm a DIY home-gamer welder and could make those $10 an hour welds)

The brace is a full production model so that's what you should expect in quality when you open the package.

Have to say that at that price point for an offshore product it's a bit over-priced, IMHO. At nearly a grand for the brace and tire carrier (projecting $1,300 with Wavian jerry holder), it's not too far off from domestic manufacturing prices and is dangerously close in price to what a swing arm carrier would be (in addition to the aftermarket bumper, which you probably wanted anyway).

*adjusting to offshore labor costs, that would be $10 an hour and $1.50 an hour.
Yes your correct about the price getting close to a swing out tire carrier but a few of us might not want to go that direction.

Most of the US based manufacturers are similar price but have huge lead times right now so there is some trade offs. Ohh and great fit and finish doesn't make the product if the engineering sucks.

Sponsored

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes your correct about the price getting close to a swing out tire carrier but a few of us might not want to go that direction.

Most of the US based manufacturers are similar price but have huge lead times right now so there is some trade offs. Ohh and great fit and finish doesn't make the product if the engineering sucks.
I’ve never found a bumper mount spare tire carrier that didn’t rattle

I’m waiting to see what metal tech offers, but 900 is better than 2500 for me

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMG_3651.jpeg
IMG_3650.jpeg
So to be clear, if I have stock Sasquatch carrier and stock rubber tailgate bumpers with the icon wheels (minimal offset change at 25mm) then no need to buy the turn carrier just the brace?

cobralsc

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Mini / 01 Viper
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I still have a few things to square away tomorrow, but will make a thread with my overall impressions and install. Aligned the gate tonight and am happy with the adjustments. Now I just need to rewire everything and get the interior put back together.

Ford Bronco Lifting our Bronco by the Tire Carrier (by Turn Offroad) with a Forklift IMG_3673