Sponsored

Lifting your Bronco? Rethink your sway bar.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did someone say portals? ;) got to watch these be installed on a friends Bronco the other day

899B7BD6-29A9-4168-A905-6B6DADE5A640.jpeg
Not trying to hijack the thread, but which portals are those? Is the hose/banjo fitting for CTIS?
Sponsored

tjparisi

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4D 7M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I only have 5/8” of front/rear spacer and I’m getting popping from the front driver side with left turns, seems to be getting more frequent. Can’t think the small amount of lift is causing it. Haven’t diagnosed it as being the sway bar links yet.

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not totally surprised. The 1 3/8 bar can generate load on the links very quickly. With small wheel displacements. Some of the aftermarket bar diameters are 7/8 and generate far less load for small displacements. The factory bar generates roughly 6 times the load at the links. Torsional resistance is proportional to bar diameter to the fourth power.

F2AD557E-7495-47DF-81A1-666C1DBE4875.jpeg

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The total torsional resistance of vehicle, which affects articulation, can be simply expressed as three springs in series. Front wheel articulation (affected by front sway bar), frame torsional response, and rear wheel articulation. Since frame is most stiff component in this series of springs, both the from and rear will flex first.

By stiffening rear torsional articulation response (adding sway bar) the front will flex more. it seems that perhaps a good compromise would be to add a rear sway bar and drop the front bar resistance to the 7/8 range. Thus maybe providing good on road response and perhaps forcing more articulation in the front when off road. 🤷‍♂️ Would be very curious to hear if anyone has tried this.

Talon2006

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150l, 91 Eagle Talo n
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not trying to hijack the thread, but which portals are those? Is the hose/banjo fitting for CTIS?
Those are the Tibus, I have a set on my bronco.

The hose goes to the breather can.

Sponsored

Primed_in

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ressurecting this thread.

21 Badlands non SAS, 35s, Kings, and RPG Stage 3 kit. I'm getting a similarly described popping in the front right when the drivers side coilover is at max compression. Since I have the electronic disconnect, am I going to be able to switch out for adjustable end links or am I limited to OEM?

Mdsuits

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 f350, 68 bronco 89 samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ressurecting this thread.

21 Badlands non SAS, 35s, Kings, and RPG Stage 3 kit. I'm getting a similarly described popping in the front right when the drivers side coilover is at max compression. Since I have the electronic disconnect, am I going to be able to switch out for adjustable end links or am I limited to OEM?
I went to adjustable on my badlands when I put the long arm set up on….

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As some one who's been wheeling over 40 yrs I tell people constantly there's more to a proper lift than just putting on a lift kit. You have sway bars, steering geometry, drive line angles, headlight aim, alignment and on ifs like our Bronco's front diff height. Anything more than 2" lift you might need to lower your front diff to keep cv's within the proper angles (yes they make kits to do so). It's not quite as simple as many think.

Mdsuits

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 f350, 68 bronco 89 samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands