Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
OBX Sas Bronco, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here's a great video on this subject
Man I would love for someone to run similar tests with a bronco in different configurations.

I’m considering one of the following options on my 2023 OBX SAS:

1. Just manually disconnecting front sway bars and strapping them up when off-roading - free

2. Purchasing the Sasquatch Link quick release by ACFab for the front - $300

3. Purchasing the RockJock Anti-Rock Sway Bar - $850

this video has me feeling fine just leaving the rear sway bar as is (since I have the 2023 4door)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Man I would love for someone to run similar tests with a bronco in different configurations.

I’m considering one of the following options on my 2023 OBX SAS:

1. Just manually disconnecting front sway bars and strapping them up when off-roading - free

2. Purchasing the Sasquatch Link quick release by ACFab for the front - $300

3. Purchasing the RockJock Anti-Rock Sway Bar - $850

this video has me feeling fine just leaving the rear sway bar as is (since I have the 2023 4door)
Right now I do #1. Super easy to disconnect the front at control arm. I use a shit ton of anti-seize to help, then a ratcheting box wrench and an allen. Takes a minute per side.

I want to do #3, but have been waiting to hear more feedback about body roll and stability on road.

Personally I'd skip #2.

Dantastic

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Right now I do #1. Super easy to disconnect the front at control arm. I use a shit ton of anti-seize to help, then a ratcheting box wrench and an allen. Takes a minute per side.

I want to do #3, but have been waiting to hear more feedback about body roll and stability on road.

Personally I'd skip #2.
Thanks for the input. How do you strap up your links when you disconnect them? Also … would you be able to video what you do when able? I cannot find any video online of manually disconnecting the front sway bar.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the input. How do you strap up your links when you disconnect them? Also … would you be able to video what you do when able? I cannot find any video online of manually disconnecting the front sway bar.
I use a small bungie cord. Very, very small bungie. A velco cable strap would work too.

Ford Bronco Rear sway bar IMG_0892

Once you undo the nut it should be able to slide up and off. To make it super easy, remove both sides and THEN push the sway bar all the way up. Then just tie the links to the bar.

Use a ratcheting box wrench and an allen, not a power tool.

Last edited:

Dantastic

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I use a small bungie cord. Very, very small bungie. A velco cable strap would work too.

Ford Bronco Rear sway bar IMG_0892

Once you undo the nut it should be able to slide up and off. To make it super easy, remove both sides and THEN push the sway bar all the way up. Then just tie the links to the bar.

Use a ratcheting box wrench and an allen, not a power tool.
What size is needed for the nut? I think you’ve convinced me that this is the best option until more feedback or more options are available on AntiLock sway bars.
Also, do you have the rear sway bar? If so, do you keep it attached or not?

Sponsored

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What size is needed for the nut? I think you’ve convinced me that this is the best option until more feedback or more options are available on AntiLock sway bars.
Also, do you have the rear sway bar? If so, do you keep it attached or not?
21mm and 6mm Allen.

I have a rear sway and you want to keep it connected.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Any torque specs for the OEM rear sway?
Courtesy @flip

Rear Stabilizer Bar
Removal

NOTICE: Suspension fasteners are critical parts that affect the performance of vital components and systems. Failure of these fasteners may result in major service expense. Use the same or equivalent parts if replacement is necessary. Do not use a replacement part of lesser quality or substitute design. Tighten fasteners as specified.

NOTE:
Removal steps in this procedure may contain installation details.

1. With the vehicle in NEUTRAL, position it on a hoist.
    Refer to: Jacking and Lifting (100-02 Jacking and Lifting, Description and Operation).
  2. NOTICE: Do not use power tools to remove or install the stabilizer bar link nuts. Damage to the stabilizer bar link ball joints and boots may occur.
    NOTE:
    The stabilizer bar links are designed with low friction ball joints that have a low breakaway torque.
    NOTE: Use the hex-holding feature to prevent the ball stud from turning while removing the stabilizer bar link nut.
    NOTE: Exercise care in handling link ball joint studs. DO NOT over-articulate ball joint studs or damage the protective rubber ball joint boots.
    On both sides.
    Remove and discard the stabilizer bar link lower nut and position the stabilizer bar link aside.
    Torque: 85 lb.ft (115 Nm)
Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}
  1. Remove and discard the stabilizer bar stud plates cap nuts.
    Torque: 133 lb.in (15 Nm)
  1. NOTE: Note the position of the components before removal.
    NOTE: Stabilizer bar bushings are an integral part of a unit and cannot be removed separately.
    1. Remove and discard the rear stabilizer bar bracket nuts.
      Torque: 30 lb.ft (40 Nm)
    1. Remove the rear stabilizer bar.
    1. Remove and discard the rear stabilizer bar stud plates.
Installation

1. NOTICE: Both surfaces must be thoroughly cleaned before inserting the new stud plates into the frame bracket holes. Any debris left under the stud plate flanges will prevent the joint from being securely tightened; allowing the joint to loosen and the stabilizer-bar to detach from the frame.
    NOTICE: Make sure that the mating faces are clean and free of corrosion and foreign material.

On both sides
    Inspect and thoroughly clean both sides of the frame bracket mounting surfaces. Insert the new stud plates into the frame bracket holes.
  1. To install, reverse the removal procedure.

Rear Stabilizer Bar Link
Removal
NOTICE: Suspension fasteners are critical parts that affect the performance of vital components and systems. Failure of these fasteners may result in major service expense. Use the same or equivalent parts if replacement is necessary. Do not use a replacement part of lesser quality or substitute design. Tighten fasteners as specified.
NOTE:
    Refer to: Jacking and Lifting (100-02 Jacking and Lifting, Description and Operation).
  2. NOTICE: Do not use power tools to remove or install the stabilizer bar link nuts. Damage to the stabilizer bar link ball joints and boots may occur.
    NOTE:
    The stabilizer bar links are designed with low friction ball joints that have a low breakaway torque.
    NOTE: Use the hex-holding feature to prevent the ball stud from turning while removing the stabilizer bar link nut.
    NOTE: Exercise care in handling link ball joint studs. DO NOT over-articulate ball joint studs or damage the protective rubber ball joint boots.
    Remove and discard the stabilizer bar link upper and lower nut and remove the stabilizer bar link.
Installation

Broncoco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you!

Courtesy @flip

Rear Stabilizer Bar
Removal

NOTE:

NOTE:
    On both sides.
    Remove and discard the stabilizer bar link lower nut and position the stabilizer bar link aside.
  1. Remove and discard the stabilizer bar stud plates cap nuts.
    Torque: 133 lb.in (15 Nm)
  1. NOTE: Note the position of the components before removal.
    NOTE: Stabilizer bar bushings are an integral part of a unit and cannot be removed separately.
    1. Remove and discard the rear stabilizer bar bracket nuts.
      Torque: 30 lb.ft (40 Nm)
    1. Remove the rear stabilizer bar.
    1. Remove and discard the rear stabilizer bar stud plates.
Installation

1. NOTICE: Both surfaces must be thoroughly cleaned before inserting the new stud plates into the frame bracket holes. Any debris left under the stud plate flanges will prevent the joint from being securely tightened; allowing the joint to loosen and the stabilizer-bar to detach from the frame.
    NOTICE: Make sure that the mating faces are clean and free of corrosion and foreign material.

On both sides
    Inspect and thoroughly clean both sides of the frame bracket mounting surfaces. Insert the new stud plates into the frame bracket holes.

Rear Stabilizer Bar Link
Removal
NOTE:
    NOTE:
    Remove and discard the stabilizer bar link upper and lower nut and remove the stabilizer bar link.
Installation
Sponsored

Reactions: 0ne