Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking for some input on if there would be any benefit in adding a RockJock sway bar on the rear end? Would it hurt or benefit the bronco off-road with the factory disco?
Sponsored

mj63

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you have sway bar mounts on your frame (late 21MY and beyond if I remember correctly) there is a Ford rear anti-roll bar that is <$200 total for all of the parts. On our 2 door big bend, it greatly improved the steering linearity (and also stays much more linear as you push it harder laterally on road), and surprisingly improved the perception of undamped brake dive on quick brake applications (my theory is that much of that feeling was due to lack of low speed rebound damping in the rear, and the bonded sway bar bushings keep the rear end from going so far into rebound).

Note, adding the rear sway bar also increased head-toss noticeably. I would say that it would only hurt for off-road performance and comfort, but helps for on road performance and comfort.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Watching

DoUSquatch

Base
First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you have sway bar mounts on your frame (late 21MY and beyond if I remember correctly) there is a Ford rear anti-roll bar that is <$200 total for all of the parts. On our 2 door big bend, it greatly improved the steering linearity (and also stays much more linear as you push it harder laterally on road), and surprisingly improved the perception of undamped brake dive on quick brake applications (my theory is that much of that feeling was due to lack of low speed rebound damping in the rear, and the bonded sway bar bushings keep the rear end from going so far into rebound).

Note, adding the rear sway bar also increased head-toss noticeably. I would say that it would only hurt for off-road performance and comfort, but helps for on road performance and comfort.

Do you happen to still have the part numbers for the roll/anti-sway bar?

Thanks

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Adding a sway bar to the rear is going to affect your rti score, this is why Ford omitted it the first year to have good stats against Jeep. Going to lose some flex in other words.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Adding a sway bar to the rear is going to affect your rti score, this is why Ford omitted it the first year to have good stats against Jeep. Going to lose some flex in other words.
I drive offroad like 5-10% of the time, I think Ill be fine

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I drive offroad like 5-10% of the time, I think Ill be fine
Lame.

Op specifically asked if it would impact offroad capabilities, this thread isn't about how much you offroad.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My 2021 Two door flexing.
Ford Bronco Rear sway bar 206947C4-38B2-431F-8B43-5834CA5E745F

Sponsored

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lame.

Op specifically asked if it would impact offroad capabilities, this thread isn't about how much you offroad.
Tbh I never done more than trails and ruts, and with my old Ram with an upgraded RSB it seemed fine, which is why Im not worried

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My 2021 Two door flexing.
206947C4-38B2-431F-8B43-5834CA5E745F.jpeg
Not sure that's a sway bar issue... lol

Good times!!!

Team 2 Door = That's bad ass!!!

Edit: Bet if it was a video you could see the purpose built 2 dr coming in for a landing .... 🤣

Last edited:

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just added the factory parts to my ‘22 two door Sasquatch, bought from a fellow B6Ger who removed them from a '22 four door Sasquatch and it makes a big difference to me on the short wheelbase, especially the brake dive aspect. You’ll have to get the rear suspension in full droop, especially on a two door, to get it snaked in there up tight with the gas tank.

Ohlongjohnson

Base
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Basemansquatch 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just added the factory parts to my ‘22 two door Sasquatch, bought from a fellow B6Ger who removed them from a '22 four door Sasquatch and it makes a big difference to me on the short wheelbase, especially the brake dive aspect. You’ll have to get the rear suspension in full droop, especially on a two door, to get it snaked in there up tight with the gas tank.
I have a '22 2 dr sasquatch and had my first emergency braking event on the highway a few days ago. A wreck happened right in front of me while I was doing about 80mph. The amount of dive while braking hard was very surprising. I can definitely see why the rear sway bar was added to the 2022 4drs and why you'd want it on your 2dr.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a '22 2 dr sasquatch and had my first emergency braking event on the highway a few days ago. A wreck happened right in front of me while I was doing about 80mph. The amount of dive while braking hard was very surprising. I can definitely see why the rear sway bar was added to the 2022 4drs and why you'd want it on your 2dr.
Oh yeah! And if you’re turning when you jam the brakes get ready for some excitement!
Sponsored