First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco® The Sasquatch™ 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I decided to try a rear sway bar – want to see how it affects the handling of my 2 door. I ordered the parts yesterday. Thanks to @RagnarKon for having listed the part numbers!

Ford Bronco Torque Specs Rear Sway Bar? 1709509645298

I can't find the torque specs on the forum. I would greatly appreciate it if @RagnarKon, @Ducati1098, or somebody with access to the workshop manual could share the installation instructions. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Rear Stabilizer Bar
Removal

NOTICE: Suspension fasteners are critical parts that affect the performance of vital components and systems. Failure of these fasteners may result in major service expense. Use the same or equivalent parts if replacement is necessary. Do not use a replacement part of lesser quality or substitute design. Tighten fasteners as specified.

NOTE:
Removal steps in this procedure may contain installation details.

1. With the vehicle in NEUTRAL, position it on a hoist.
    Refer to: Jacking and Lifting (100-02 Jacking and Lifting, Description and Operation).
  1. NOTICE: Do not use power tools to remove or install the stabilizer bar link nuts. Damage to the stabilizer bar link ball joints and boots may occur.
    NOTE:
    The stabilizer bar links are designed with low friction ball joints that have a low breakaway torque.
    NOTE: Use the hex-holding feature to prevent the ball stud from turning while removing the stabilizer bar link nut.
    NOTE: Exercise care in handling link ball joint studs. DO NOT over-articulate ball joint studs or damage the protective rubber ball joint boots.
    On both sides.
    Remove and discard the stabilizer bar link lower nut and position the stabilizer bar link aside.
    Torque: 85 lb.ft (115 Nm)
Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}
  1. Remove and discard the stabilizer bar stud plates cap nuts.
    Torque: 133 lb.in (15 Nm)
  1. NOTE: Note the position of the components before removal.
    NOTE: Stabilizer bar bushings are an integral part of a unit and cannot be removed separately.
    1. Remove and discard the rear stabilizer bar bracket nuts.
      Torque: 30 lb.ft (40 Nm)
    1. Remove the rear stabilizer bar.
    1. Remove and discard the rear stabilizer bar stud plates.
Installation

1. NOTICE: Both surfaces must be thoroughly cleaned before inserting the new stud plates into the frame bracket holes. Any debris left under the stud plate flanges will prevent the joint from being securely tightened; allowing the joint to loosen and the stabilizer-bar to detach from the frame.
    NOTICE: Make sure that the mating faces are clean and free of corrosion and foreign material.

On both sides
    Inspect and thoroughly clean both sides of the frame bracket mounting surfaces. Insert the new stud plates into the frame bracket holes.
  1. To install, reverse the removal procedure.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Let me know how it works out, I’ve been contemplating adding one to mine also.

OP
OP
2door

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks a lot! I'll share my thoughts here once I try it on- and off-road.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also interested in how it turns out. I've been thinking about pulling the trigger forever but haven't actually done it yet.

But I just added my roof rack back to my Bronco and holy body-roll batman.

Sponsored

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I recently put one on mine. I really like it, but I will say I got used to it really quick. Helped with body roll of course, and seemed to help a little with nose-dive for some reason like people say it does. If you stab the brake it will still dip down close to normal. I think now that the price is down around $300 for the parts it's a pretty good deal.

OP
OP
2door

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The parts and shipping cost me $350. I couldn't find prices lower than what Ruxer Ford offered.

I understand that the rear sway bar will slightly compromise the rear suspension travel, but I don't use my Bronco as a hardcore off-roader. It runs 95% of its miles on the paved roads, and I would prefer it to be more stable in high speed corners over the ability to keep all 4 wheels on the ground when tackling an off-road course. It has diff locks, so I'm okay with having one wheel up in the air on a few occasions.

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The parts and shipping cost me $350. I couldn't find prices lower than what Ruxer Ford offered.

I understand that the rear sway bar will slightly compromise the rear suspension travel, but I don't use my Bronco as a hardcore off-roader. It runs 95% of its miles on the paved roads, and I would prefer it to be more stable in high speed corners over the ability to keep all 4 wheels on the ground when tackling an off-road course. It has diff locks, so I'm okay with having one wheel up in the air on a few occasions.
Actually it's pretty common to add a RSB to increase articulation in the front on IFS vehicles. I plan on experimenting with disconnecting my front swaybar Offroad.

OP
OP
2door

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Actually it's pretty common to add a RSB to increase articulation in the front on IFS vehicles. I plan on experimenting with disconnecting my front swaybar Offroad.
Yeah, I've seen a video on that topic. I'm actually thinking about swapping out the front stabilizer bar for the Badlands e-disconnect unit sometime in the future.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

3/8” drive impact turned down for the little bolts and 1/2” for the big ones . 😬

Seriously though, I’ve been thinking about adding a rear sway-bar since deleting my front.

Sponsored

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
3/8” drive impact turned down for the little bolts and 1/2” for the big ones . 😬

Seriously though, I’ve been thinking about adding a rear sway-bar since deleting my front.
Yeah I just put them to German torque specs, and checked them after a few miles.

OP
OP
2door

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The sway bar was installed last week. I managed to get it done using hydraulic jacks.

Ford Bronco Torque Specs Rear Sway Bar? 1710918273353-il

A correction to the parts list – there's no need to buy the sway bar clamps (NB3Z-5486-A). The sway bar comes with preinstalled clamps and bushings, so that makes the total cost of the parts below $300.

Ford Bronco Torque Specs Rear Sway Bar? 1710918314828-vk

Snaking the sway bar into its place wasn't an easy task without a car lift. The rear wheels need to be at least 6 inches off the ground to provide you with enough space. I suggest feeding the sway bar from the passenger side. I don't know about the 4 door Bronco, but the fuel tank in the 2 door doesn't leave you much wiggle room.

Ford Bronco Torque Specs Rear Sway Bar? 1710918465373-s3

Ford Bronco Torque Specs Rear Sway Bar? 1710918529546-te

I haven't had the chance to go off-roading after installing the sway bar; so far, I only have impressions from driving it over the omnipresent potholes on the Bay Area roadways and some winding roads that lead to the ocean. It definitely was worth installing it! The Bronco has become more composed over bumps and less wallowy in a curve. I feel like I have more control over nosedive - it's now easier to pull to a stop smoothly. The difference is not like night and day – this sway bar is pretty thin and flexible, but it definitely has made the handling more pleasant.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah, I've seen a video on that topic. I'm actually thinking about swapping out the front stabilizer bar for the Badlands e-disconnect unit sometime in the future.
Or just go with an Anti-Rock.
Sponsored