First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did you have no RSB beforehand or are you comparing to factory RSB?
LOL,why would I replace a sway bar with a sway bar? No I had no rear sway bar from factory.
Sponsored

ar1

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It is pretty commonplace for aftermarket sway bars to be uprated but thanks for the confirmation

prmaise

Base
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

you need to remove bolt holding rear of gas tank strap. Do it when tank is near empty. I just wedged a jack in there.
We had a tough time getting the bar into place. Still confused on the attachment of bracket on the drivers side? Can't see how to attach a nut in a sealed space. See pic. Can you also take some pictures of how the final linkages look, when you get a chance.
Very frustrated with their directions and could not find an installation video
Thanks!

Belltech anti swaybar drivers side mount.jpg

tdiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F150, 2012 Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@prmaise here is the best I can get for you.

Ford Bronco Rear sway bar 20230226_213337

Ford Bronco Rear sway bar 20230226_213243

Sponsored

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I measured mine. It is a total of 3.5" inches (approx) lift from my initial base model. 2" above sas package. It was 1.75 inches out on one side and .75 out from fender flare on other side. Approx. So it was really 1 inch off from being centered. Trust me I would not have gotten an adjustable track bar if it wasnt noticable. You could see it dramatically from behind.
Move it a half inch and you get 1.25 each side. Move it an inch and your problem is flip-flopped

Edit- Just saying it was a half inch from being centered

Last edited:

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@tdiddy @rtazz17 - any recent impressions? I’m about to embark on a bunch of rear end work and am considering the Belltech. They still seem like the only option aside from Hellwig/Toms Off-road (@tomsoffroad76).

Assuming getting the mounts and hardware from factory would be a solution…it seems to me that this kit doesn’t come with any nuts/bolts since it utilizes the factory links. Thanks to @RagnarKon for the part numbers listed below.
  • (2) NB3Z-5486-A - Retainers
  • (4) W712045-S439 - M10 x 32mm bolts
  • (4) W712334-S440 - M10 nut
  • (4) W721710-S450 - M10 nut cap
  • (4) W712503-S440 - M12 x 1.25mm nuts

tdiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Belltech Rear Sway Bar definitely made a huge difference in on road handling. It makes turns at highway speeds feel much more stable and planted. Especially if you've raised center of gravity for your Bronco by adding a lift or roof rack like I have. Haven't gotten offroad yet but hopefully soon.

If you are going to be doing any rock crawling, I would not suggest getting the Belltech. I would go with OEM.

The Belltech uses mounting points for the endlinks that are much lower on the frame than OEM. This causes the sway bar to be the lowest point in the rear. It hangs even lower than the rear lower link arm frame mounting points which are constantly getting beat on when offroad. I understand why Belltech designed it this way but it will be an issue on the rocks and I'm not going to be removing the sway bar when I go offroad.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@tdiddy - thanks for that info. That’s a huge decision maker right there. So, now I wonder if the Hellwig version is the move. It’s on sale until the end of the month - just want to confirm adding the mount points from factory is doable w/o welding.

tdiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@tdiddy - thanks for that info. That’s a huge decision maker right there. So, now I wonder if the Hellwig version is the move. It’s on sale until the end of the month - just want to confirm adding the mount points from factory is doable w/o welding.
My Bronco is a late 2021 model so it came with the sway bar mounting points on both the frame and rear axel.

If you have the mounting points just get the OEM rear sway bar, all the hardware, and call it good. If you don't have the mounting provisions, go with one of the aftermarket.

I know the Belltech will mount to a Bronco that doesn't have the frame mounting brackets which is why Belltech designed it the way they did. Not sure about the Hellwig.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My Bronco is a late 2021 model so it came with the sway bar mounting points on both the frame and rear axel.

If you have the mounting points just get the OEM rear sway bar, all the hardware, and call it good. If you don't have the mounting provisions, go with one of the aftermarket.

I know the Belltech will mount to a Bronco that doesn't have the frame mounting brackets which is why Belltech designed it the way they did. Not sure about the Hellwig.
Ah, that’s what I assumed. That part list doesn’t include the brackets. So, it’s Belltech or wait until Hellwig makes theirs (current model that’s available bolts to factory locations and doesn’t include brackets like the Belltech does).

Sounds like I’ll wait it out…

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Answered the question I was gonna ask.

How long would it take to install with all the hardware?

tdiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Answered the question I was gonna ask.

How long would it take to install with all the hardware?
Maybe an hour or 2. It's super easy. Hardest part is snaking the bar over the driveshaft and around/under the fuel tank.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe an hour or 2. It's super easy. Hardest part is snaking the bar over the driveshaft and around/under the fuel tank.
Gotcha, see which shop to take it to

Ibleve

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy HHR, for now
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Belltech Rear Sway Bar definitely made a huge difference in on road handling. It makes turns at highway speeds feel much more stable and planted. Especially if you've raised center of gravity for your Bronco by adding a lift or roof rack like I have. Haven't gotten offroad yet but hopefully soon.

If you are going to be doing any rock crawling, I would not suggest getting the Belltech. I would go with OEM.

The Belltech uses mounting points for the endlinks that are much lower on the frame than OEM. This causes the sway bar to be the lowest point in the rear. It hangs even lower than the rear lower link arm frame mounting points which are constantly getting beat on when offroad. I understand why Belltech designed it this way but it will be an issue on the rocks and I'm not going to be removing the sway bar when I go offroad.
Just received my Belltech and installing next weekend . Which mounting did you use, the oem or sport hole?
Sponsored