Sponsored

Light vibration at highway speed - dissipates in 4HI?

John94

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Black Diamond Sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Stock four-door Sasquatch. At 70mph and higher a vibration is felt in the steering wheel and floorboards. Naturally everybody told me this was wheel balance, I had my wheels rotated and balanced twice now. Dealership of course tried to tell me that the vibration I’m feeling is normal for Sasquatch trucks. I confirmed via driving my buddies that this is not the case. Today I tried driving the truck at 70mph and then engaging 4hi - upon doing so the vibration greatly reduced…

Driveshaft related issue perhaps? Any gear heads out there have insight?
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Stock four-door Sasquatch. At 70mph and higher a vibration is felt in the steering wheel and floorboards. Naturally everybody told me this was wheel balance, I had my wheels rotated and balanced twice now. Dealership of course tried to tell me that the vibration I’m feeling is normal for Sasquatch trucks. I confirmed via driving my buddies that this is not the case. Today I tried driving the truck at 70mph and then engaging 4hi - upon doing so the vibration greatly reduced…

Driveshaft related issue perhaps? Any gear heads out there have insight?
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Mine vibrated above 50 as well...with the stock tires. Went away when I swapped tires.

I personally think it's the way the OE Goodyears wear.

BroncoTrail

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the same issue!

I had Method wheels and Toyo tires put on a few weeks ago and the alignment/balancing done also. While driving 70-75mph I feel a light shaking in the steering wheel. I thought it might be from the road but after driving on all different types of pavement I confirmed that it's not.

I'm going back to Big O Tires tomorrow to have them attempt to correct it under their warranty so I'll test it out ASAP and will report back here. If the shaking persists then likely something is else is wrong.

Sponsored

BroncoTrail

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I found out that my wheels had to be re-torqued. Now I know what re-torquing is hah.

OP
OP

John94

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Black Diamond Sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, I found out that my wheels had to be re-torqued. Now I know what re-torquing is hah.
What is re-torquing? I am still experiencing my issue, so willing to try anything

Jtown4930

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am having the same issue. Highway speeds truck shakes bad. So bad cell phone falls out of the holder. I’ve been to ford several times. First they told me tires need to be rotated, didn’t work. Took it back then they said wheels need to balance and front end alignment, that didn’t work. Have an appointment again. Does anyone know a fix for this. I’m not taking the car back or paying for anything until it’s fixed this time.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands SAS, OEM Goodyears, and 4A transfer case, so the front drive train is continuously rotating. Mine is smooth as silk at all speeds. 27,000 miles. I rotate all five tires at 10K intervals. Tires are noisier immediately after rotation until they wear back “in”, but still smooth.
Sponsored