First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks, I get your point. Little confused by the suggestion here though. Top line is for rear assuming choose one of the 3 depending on how bright I want it and am guessing the smallest will be just fine. Now for piller and three to be mounted in the modular bumper. I was thinking amber sport or pro, then two sets of the 2 lights in white. Any reason to have one of them be another amber or all am we down there? Then pillar was thinking sport or pro white as I think the come with different lenses for wide and spot.
Notice you have multiple brands. Any reason for that? I was thinking all BD. But anything insight on DD or KC would be appreciated! I read DD has colored led which may be better than white with amber lens like BD. Thanks
Top line is for the rear, Diode Dynamics will have a similar kit with SS2 that was shown at SEMA but isnā€™t out yet. I would try and stick with all the same brands. For now, BD is the best option, I would go with the S1 as they are more lumens than the S2 for the same money. I was also looking at flush mounted SS1 or BD S1 in the rear bumper, not sure if this is possible yet. Another option for the rear is the Miso hitch pod for a single S1. I have it on my Tacoma and may just buy another for the Bronco. Itā€™s quick and easy if you have a hitch and only costs $120.

https://hotshotoffroad.com/products/hitchpod-combos?variant=32604811132977

Second line is for the Mod bumper. I prefer some lights I can legally use on the street since realistically thatā€™s where I do 99% of my driving. I have the SS3 Pro amber fogs on my Tacoma, they are awesome, I would put those in the middle position. I want one set of offroad only lights, so the SS3 Pro Combo fits. Those could be swapped up to the ditch light position if desired, will address in the next paragraph. The SS2 Pro white fogs will be useful on the street and offroad. Generally I would use the white fogs daily and save the amber for actual fog and rain. I would want the white SS2 hooked to the factory fog light switch to function all the time.

Third is the pillar lights. I chose the SS3 Pro Driving for the pillar light position because most people run spots up there, driving is a little broader pattern than the spots but still narrow enough to avoid significant hood glare. For road use hooked to the high beams the driving light would be better in the mod bumper spot #1, Iā€™m guessing the pillar position would get you pulled over on the road because of the height. The combo light could be swapped up to the pillars, but there may be more glare on the hood. Since youā€™d have both lenses in your set itā€™d be easy to swap and experiment.

Personally I think the BD lights look better than the DD, but DD makes better beam patterns for street use. The DD housings are a pretty close match for all the gray plastic on the Bronco, the BD is shiny black and will stand out a little more. In my hands the build quality feels slightly higher on the BD, but I havenā€™t experienced any failures on my DD nor have I seen any reports online. DD is an active vendor on the forums, so Iā€™d think they might be better on customer service but I wouldnā€™t know as neither my DD or BD lights have had any problems. Comparing SAE fogs there is no comparison, DDā€˜s optics are better hands down. BDā€™s street legal fogs failed to meet the standards so they installed steel shutters to constrain the beam and lower power emitters to reduce brightness rather than redesigning the lenses. The DD fogs have a very sharp cutoff, so even the too bright to be legal Pro model doesā€™t attract attention from police. BD doesnā€™t offer anything in the SAE Driving pattern that DD does to be able to use it on the road.

One factor I havenā€™t tested first hand is the color temperature of the BD or DD compared to the stock LED headlights on the Bronco. BD advertises 5000K, DD advertises 6000K. Looking at the beam pattern on my Badlands, it might be closer to the 6000K. I actually prefer a little more yellowish light compared to a harsher blueish light, but I also want the lights to match so the different zones are all the same color when looking out the windshield. I have a pair of BD squadron pros I need to power up next to the stock headlights and see how close they are. I donā€™t have any DD lights in white to try right now.

Some people may want the amber or white or disco color changing backlighting on the DD lights over the BD. Personally I think that shit looks as stupid as angry eyes on a jeep. The only place I could see value to backlighting is on a flush mounted rear light where a red backlight serves as another running light. Iā€™m disappointed that DD is adding the backlighting across their entire line.

For the Mod bumper mounting, I prefer the more finished aesthetic of the BD bracket over others, but I like the ability to run a second SS3 that an open bracket provides.

BD
Ford Bronco Lights recommendations wanted! 90B0AEAC-2EA9-4A2C-95C9-75F30763B235

KR
Ford Bronco Lights recommendations wanted! 3656A0A7-8061-41D1-8083-E04159590860

All that being said, I have a set of SS3 Pro amber fogs on order with @4x4TruckLEDs.com and will decide on the rest later.
Sponsored

webspoke

Badlands
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went budget route with some rough country pods. The amber drl they have actually looks good in the bumper. Less lumens, than the big brands, but very reasonable cost. The range is about the same as the high beams. Going to try their sae fogs also. I used the g&g double pod bracket in the bumper.

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3 Performance
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I went budget route with some rough country pods. The amber drl they have actually looks good in the bumper. Less lumens, than the big brands, but very reasonable cost. The range is about the same as the high beams. Going to try their sae fogs also. I used the g&g double pod bracket in the bumper.
Depending on which rough country they are, they are actually just the harbor freight ones.

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Do people really get pulled over for bright lights these days? I think I would only really use these in bad conditions anyway when most are not around. So thinking for mod sport BD bumper amber 4 pod, amber 2 pod, white 2 pod, then white 4 pod for pillar. I think the 4 pods come with flood and multi. Does that sound like like a good plan? Thinking I could run the two pods for daily driving and then hit the 4 pods for when other cars are not around. Hoping this would provide good set up/use without risk of getting pulled over. Iā€™m in MN by the way if that makes any differenceā€¦

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do people really get pulled over for bright lights these days? I think I would only really use these in bad conditions anyway when most are not around. So thinking for mod sport BD bumper amber 4 pod, amber 2 pod, white 2 pod, then white 4 pod for pillar. I think the 4 pods come with flood and multi. Does that sound like like a good plan? Thinking I could run the two pods for daily driving and then hit the 4 pods for when other cars are not around. Hoping this would provide good set up/use without risk of getting pulled over. Iā€™m in MN by the way if that makes any differenceā€¦
I think youā€™d run the risk of being stopped if the lights are obnoxious to other drivers or you come across an officer with an axe to grind. Running ditch lights or an overhead bar on the road is generally ticket bait.

On your setup I think you need to be more specific. Iā€™m thinking on the BD bracket the Squadron amber fogs, two pairs of white S2 with one being combo and the other wide cornering, and white Squadron on the pillars in spot. I canā€™t see using amber for anything other than fog lights.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think youā€™d run the risk of being stopped if the lights are obnoxious to other drivers or you come across an officer with an axe to grind. Running ditch lights or an overhead bar on the road is generally ticket bait.

On your setup I think you need to be more specific. Iā€™m thinking on the BD bracket the Squadron amber fogs, two pairs of white S2 with one being combo and the other wide cornering, and white Squadron on the pillars in spot. I canā€™t see using amber for anything other than fog lights.
I like the looks of this and function, I think. But maybe do one set of the white amber for daily driving on normal fog light needs and save the bigger ones for driving up north in bad conditions. I would do the white version on pillars and only use what cars are not around kinda like brightsā€¦
Ford Bronco Lights recommendations wanted! 1639093469675

HideoutBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Defender / 1985 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh and also, I want a rear for backing up/tailgaters ;)
Actually the 360 lighting really lights up with sides and rear. I used it for the first time last night and changed my mind on adding rear lights.

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Baja Designs has a few options for the roof. An 8x XL Linkable (8 of their XL Lights) put together as a light bar kit OR a 50" Light Bar. We went with the 8x XL Linkable Kit on our demo truck. I don't notice any wind noise honestly (which makes sense, the wind noise you get is from the traditional bars with FINS on the back, as that is where the noise comes from. Think, blowing air across a straw, same concept).

For the bumper, I did the 6x XL Linkable Kit from Baja Designs. Pillars are Baja Designs (XL80) and for my fogs, I actually did Diode Dynamics on our demo truck (1, because they do make a better SAE rated fog light and 2, because we sell them we wanted to show our support to the brand).

Check out your options here. We're pretty much the best place to buy LED Lighting from and offer great prices:

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicle-specific/ford-bronco/2021-bronco/

Okay, so I think Iā€™m going with your lights. Couple questions, are there any coupons available? Also from a wiring standpoint there is an option of all in one wiring harness or toggle. I think I am buying the bumper squad pro spot amber with squad pro driving combo with s2 pro wide amber unless you have insight to why to go with a different configuration. I am thinking I will put them each on there own aux so I can run the s2 most the time and only the others during bad weather and rural area when other cars arenā€™t around (donā€™t want to get pulled over or blind others). My neighbor said I will get pulled over with the sr pro wide Amberā€™s also(any thoughts). With this in mind do I buy toggle or all in one, if I do all in one is that best for putting on all different aux?

I was also thinking squad pro for back up but neighbor again recommended no. He said to not do anything more than s2 in back and that I should do amber as itā€™s easier to see in bad weather. I was thinking itā€™s more for back up and rarely used. But maybe I do squad pro amber on backā€¦ not sure any thoughts?

do I need the extension harnesses for anything or what would they be used for?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Okay, so I think Iā€™m going with your lights. Couple questions, are there any coupons available? Also from a wiring standpoint there is an option of all in one wiring harness or toggle. I think I am buying the bumper squad pro spot amber with squad pro driving combo with s2 pro wide amber unless you have insight to why to go with a different configuration. I am thinking I will put them each on there own aux so I can run the s2 most the time and only the others during bad weather and rural area when other cars arenā€™t around (donā€™t want to get pulled over or blind others). My neighbor said I will get pulled over with the sr pro wide Amberā€™s also(any thoughts). With this in mind do I buy toggle or all in one, if I do all in one is that best for putting on all different aux?

I was also thinking squad pro for back up but neighbor again recommended no. He said to not do anything more than s2 in back and that I should do amber as itā€™s easier to see in bad weather. I was thinking itā€™s more for back up and rarely used. But maybe I do squad pro amber on backā€¦ not sure any thoughts?

do I need the extension harnesses for anything or what would they be used for?
PM us for pricing questions please. Although you can use coupon code FOGS to save 5% on our fog kits w/KR Off-Road brackets.

The kits all include a harness (based on what you need be that a toggle switch OR utilizing your factory upfitters).

I run Squadron Pros on my Raptor and i've never had an issue. They are wide cornering and I have them aimed at the ground. With that said, that's not a legal setup. So if you want a legal setup stick with Squadron SAE (or Diode Dynamics SAE/DOT).

S2 Pro in Wide Cornering should be fine. Again not street legal but not something you'll blind people with when properly aimed.

I run S2 Sport in Wide Cornering for backup on our demo truck. S2 Pro will put out more light as will S1's but I like the S2 Sport myself. I find they fit nicely under the bumper with our kit: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/2021-ford-bronco-reverse-light-kit-w-baja-designs/

All of our kits include everything you need as far as wiring goes.

Sponsored

GeoWar64

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keep them off the top. Get 6 diode Ss5s linked for bumper the pro series, mix match with clear and amber if you want, put the diode in the bumper pockets amber as sae and 2 pros wide cornering and flood. Mirror pillar I did a double bracket from rigid and will put KC Era4s in spot and Baja pod both have amber back lights. Use spots on mirror or you will get glare. I also will mount 2 small wide cornering at a 45 degree/ on mod bumper corners pointed to the ditch.
This set will light the world. That's about 3500$ in lights the rigid bracket is 130$
Good insight. Iā€™m making light selections now, too, but didnā€™t think about glare with non-spots on the A-pillar/mirror.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you get it yet. Wondering if it can be added on as a dealer installed option at purchase?
Iā€™m still waiting for it. You can have your dealers parts department order and schedule install through service department.
Sponsored