Sponsored

Likely hood of the dealership fixing this?

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Driving back from the M1 concourse cars and coffee today. Lady turns into my lane and gets real close to hitting me. So I honk the horn - more than a light tap but definitely not at all hard.
the center of the steering wheel cracked in on itself….

I feel like this shouldn’t happen at 6,000 miles…

F7B81C36-0A6A-4C01-8A3A-8B19519C175D.jpeg
Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shouldn’t happen period. Damn. Piece of that gets caught in the airbag just right you could really get messed up.

MFP2241

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
All depends on the specific dealer and how much effort they want to put into working with you , but 0% chance they fix it in my opinion.. No matter how lightly you say you hit it, they will file that under abuse.

Ford Bronco Likely hood of the dealership fixing this? Screenshot_20220507-131205_Firefox

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First rule of thumb on warranty repairs. Don't admit you did you. It will be more likely they won't fix it due to owner misuse or neglect. Just say it started off as a small visible mark and it slowly worsened. And don't post about it since, you never know they may search your FB or flag this and find any reason to claim user error and deny any warranty repair. But they should fix it as a possible safety issue.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keep us updated, mine looks just like that, plus many others. I'm not taking it in for a while though, too busy.

OP
OP
SamG

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Keep us updated, mine looks just like that, plus many others. I'm not taking it in for a while though, too busy.
Is there a picture of yours somewhere? Just curious. Might be helpful if my dealership puts up a fight

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Driving back from the M1 concourse cars and coffee today. Lady turns into my lane and gets real close to hitting me. So I honk the horn - more than a light tap but definitely not at all hard.
the center of the steering wheel cracked in on itself….

I feel like this shouldn’t happen at 6,000 miles…

F7B81C36-0A6A-4C01-8A3A-8B19519C175D.jpeg
Boy you must of been really 😡 pissed at that guy. Lucky you didn’t break the whole steering wheel off😉.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Shouldn’t happen period. Damn. Piece of that gets caught in the airbag just right you could really get messed up.
This is completely false. This line is there, hidden, for the very specific reason to determine the pathway the airbag exits its enclosure when activated.

OP, just go in, have a reasonable conversation, and get it warrantied. That's it. There is no conspiracy theory in this one. Could the material be designed/manufactured to better resist this from occurring? I'm sure it could but, what would the downstream implications be of this? I'm not an airbag engineer/designer so I cannot and, no one else can answer that.

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I always thought the pad was extremely hard. Play dumb, dealers don’t get paid shit by ford and look for any reason to deny a claim.

OP
OP
SamG

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

UPDATE:

dealer agreed to repair it; got it approved under warranty. Here is the kicker though - they had my bronco for TWO WEEKS and do nothing aside from getting it approved. Just told me they won’t have the part until June 8th and to come pick up my ride

B.A.

Outer Banks
First Name
Brandi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Gen Bronco. FJ Cruiser. Tacoma.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Same thing here just not as advanced. <5000 miles. Can’t remember even using the horn. Have not reached out yet to dealer, yet
Ford Bronco Likely hood of the dealership fixing this? 424D3EB4-1C07-470A-8B76-0E2123B2151B

ZipZit

Badlands
First Name
Zip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape, 2008 Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Absolutely a warranty replacement. The backside of the airbag cover is molded with a “groove” split line to control exactly how that cover flower pedal splits open during an airbag deployment.

The engineering team on airbag deployments works pretty hard to see there are no “missiles” on deployment, no way, no how.

They just made those lines a bit too fragile for the application

OP
OP
SamG

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same thing here just not as advanced. <5000 miles. Can’t remember even using the horn. Have not reached out yet to dealer, yet
Ford Bronco Likely hood of the dealership fixing this? 424D3EB4-1C07-470A-8B76-0E2123B2151B
Dealership will cover but I’d call now - this is def going to become a larger issue and more and more of these parts will end up on back order
Sponsored