First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 Crew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
While this looks great, I have a total noob question. Do limb risers need to be heavy duty? Bungies, a rope, high test fishing line wouldn't work as long as it's tight? The majority of off-roading I'll do will be through wooded areas in ME, NH, VT so want a solution - just no real world experience as to why a bush fix wouldn't get the job done.
As shared above, depends on the foliage and your prep time.
Bungies, fishing line and rope have some give. You can make wire more taught to eliminate any flex/give with the use of turn buckles and accessories. A branch/limb could grab and get tangled and turn into a slingshot-projectile situation. That is just a worst case situation...a bungie/rope trail fix could work just fine.

A Stanley screwdriver usually works just as good as a SnapOn...but there defiantly personal preferences involved!
Sponsored

GenXBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Love it. I really want to run these, but need someone to create decent-looking upper brackets as I'm not running a light bar or roof rack...
I am looking for some upper brackets myself... have the soft top, I just want windshield roof rack brackets... then I can make may own cross bar to rest a canoe/limb risers/etc..

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok so I spent a lot of time riding in the woods down in Florida I had a set of these on all my land rovers and they made it a lot easier to run through heavy brush or overgrown trees. I was waiting for Someone to come up with a kit but i decided to make it myself all the parts cost right around $50. It is a simple project that is easily removed when not in use. While some might want them on all of the time i prefer to take them on and off so feel free to modify what I did if you like that look. I mounted to the Quake pod mounts that can be added to the 42" lightbar mount they were actually predrilled so it made it easier. Brackets are heading over to the powder coater I will post pics one they are done. Pics are below let me know if you have any questions

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg
Looks like a good idea. Light brackets make a good attachment point for the top. If you remove regularly, try a spring on top instead of turnbuckle and link and use a carabiner on the bottom. They would come off even easier this way.

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok so I spent a lot of time riding in the woods down in Florida I had a set of these on all my land rovers and they made it a lot easier to run through heavy brush or overgrown trees. I was waiting for Someone to come up with a kit but i decided to make it myself all the parts cost right around $50. It is a simple project that is easily removed when not in use. While some might want them on all of the time i prefer to take them on and off so feel free to modify what I did if you like that look. I mounted to the Quake pod mounts that can be added to the 42" lightbar mount they were actually predrilled so it made it easier. Brackets are heading over to the powder coater I will post pics one they are done. Pics are below let me know if you have any questions

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg
West Marine has all sorts of rigging for stainless cable. I'm positive they have something for you to use instead of those clamps.

https://www.westmarine.com/rigging

Find the name and sizes then search ebay for lower cost options.

Ford Bronco Limb Risers DIY 1643842963159

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base

Can you still open your hood without rubbing the cables?
Ford Bronco Limb Risers DIY 1643843407758

Sponsored

grinnergetter

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 SD, 73 F250, 70 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Scratches down the sides add character.:sneaky:

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was thinking the same. Maybe use a small carabiner through the "trail sight" so it's easily removed and eliminate the angle bracket?
A carabiner still wouldn't be removable if these were under tension. You'd have to remove the tension first. A better idea is a toggle jaw on the hood side with a quick release cotter pin. And a turnbuckle on the roof side to add/remove the tension when installing.

Kind of like this:
Ford Bronco Limb Risers DIY oggle-jaw.jpg%3Fv%3D1607355685?savepath=toggle-jaw

Last edited:

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

West Marine has all sorts of rigging for stainless cable. I'm positive they have something for you to use instead of those clamps.

https://www.westmarine.com/rigging

Find the name and sizes then search ebay for lower cost options.

1643842963159.png
didn't see this before posting above but yeah you nailed it. This, a turnbuckle and sheathed SS lines are all you need. Get the hardware powder coated and rigged. These would be perfect for limb risers.
Sponsored