Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Full Size 5.0 XLT, 2022 Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Maybe if you spelled accurate right, you'd have a point

You want references? I'll provide them
Please do.
the Bronco was originally produced from 66 to 77 as a stand alone vehicle. They offered 3 models- the 2 door wagon, the half cab and the open body roadster.
In 78-79 the Bronco went to a full size frame that it shared the solid front axle with the F 150.
The F series also had a “Ranger” trim option, so that is where you would see the badge on some.

from 1980-1986 was the 3rd Gen. Here it introduced the TTB front axle. This is about the same time the Bronco II was introduced with a 4 cylinder engine to compete with high gas prices and strict emissions. THAT vehicle shared the frame and drivetrain with the Ranger pickup.
The 4th Gen Bronco was built from 1987-1991, only slightly changing interior design, but still using the TTB front suspension.
5th Gen was built from 1992-1996 (the OJ style) but had morphed into more of a luxury status symbol, than a true off road vehicle. They couldn’t get out of their own way, despite having the 5.0 motor due to a terribly designed cam shaft.

In 1997, Ford totally redesigned the F-150, into the round style pick up, and dropped the Bronco name. 1996 was the last year.
Ford never made a 4 door Bronco until the current 6th Gen. There was one company out of Michigan who would custom stretch your 2 door Bronco and add rear doors for about $60,000. They were called Centurian.
The expedition was NEVER designed as a replacement for the Bronco, but merely a full size SUV to fill the model availability gap, and meet the demand of the full size SUV craze.
How do I know this? Because I worked for Ford.

so please, show me your “research”, and Wikipedia doesn’t mean shit

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Put that thing on showroom floors, and I promise you, Matt's Off-Road Recovery will be setting up franchises all over the continent.
(Pretty good Photoshop. Your own?)

Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford never made a 4 door Bronco until the current 6th Gen. There was one company out of Michigan who would custom stretch your 2 door Bronco and add rear doors for about $60,000. They were called Centurian.
The expedition was NEVER designed as a replacement for the Bronco, but merely a full size SUV to fill the model availability gap, and meet the demand of the full size SUV craze.
How do I know this? Because I worked for Ford.

so please, show me your “research”, and Wikipedia doesn’t mean shit
Maybe you should re-read what I posted-none of the information is factually incorrect i posted. Your the one bringing up the four door argument attached to the Bronco name. I never mentioned that.

The Explorer replaced the Bronco II. The Expedition replaced the 2 door Bronco then in the lineup.

Neither, in my option, outside of the name, share what the current Bronco is supposed to be-which is a direct competitor to the Jeep Wrangler/CJ or whatever it was called during its lifetime.

The Explorer information was in there because someone mentioned the expedition being based on the Taurus, which is completely wrong, it was the 2011 Explorer.

skipole70

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Maybe you should re-read what I posted-none of the information is factually incorrect i posted. Your the one bringing up the four door argument attached to the Bronco name. I never mentioned that.

The Explorer replaced the Bronco II. The Expedition replaced the 2 door Bronco then in the lineup.

Neither, in my option, outside of the name, share what the current Bronco is supposed to be-which is a direct competitor to the Jeep Wrangler/CJ or whatever it was called during its lifetime.

The Explorer information was in there because someone mentioned the expedition being based on the Taurus, which is completely wrong, it was the 2011 Explorer.
Maybe if you spelled “you’re” right, you might have a point

still don’t see any of your references on the Expedition replacing the Bronco. You sure you have some? Quit being a troll
Ford Bronco Lincoln model on same platform 45B40A3D-03E7-4E67-A3E8-3BE40CC23FA7

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe if you spelled “you’re” right, you might have a point

still don’t see any of your references on the Expedition replacing the Bronco. You sure you have some? Quit being a troll
Ford Bronco Lincoln model on same platform 45B40A3D-03E7-4E67-A3E8-3BE40CC23FA7
Was there a full size SUV based off F150 (or similar) between the Bronco and Expedition?

skipole70

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Was there a full size SUV based off F150 (or similar) between the Bronco and Expedition?
No. The Bronco went away when the 1997 F 150 changed body design. That’s why so many Bronco owners were thrilled when they released the concept vehicle back in 2016-2017
Ford Bronco Lincoln model on same platform 744DAE64-24F5-4CF5-B107-B15EF9FCFF86

Mobius

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford has a history of bloating popular models until they are no longer attractive, sales decline then going back to their roots and re-invigorating it with a new model based on a smaller platform. It happened to the Mustang (Pinto/Mustang II), "Ranger" trim of the F150 into the Ranger, the Bronco (Bronco II), and the Thunderbird (Fox chassis, DEW98 Lincoln chassis) a number of times. The original Bronco was a compact, the new ('21+) Broncos (a medium size SUV) lineage flows through the Ranger, Bronco II, Explorer and back to the Ranger. Sorry, not sorry.

Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford has a history of bloating popular models until they are no longer attractive, sales decline then going back to their roots and re-invigorating it with a new model based on a smaller platform. It happened to the Mustang (Pinto/Mustang II), "Ranger" trim of the F150 into the Ranger, the Bronco (Bronco II), and the Thunderbird (Fox chassis, DEW98 Lincoln chassis) a number of times. The original Bronco was a compact, the new ('21+) Broncos (a medium size SUV) lineage flows through the Ranger, Bronco II, Explorer and back to the Ranger. Sorry, not sorry.
There was a Ranger Edge and the name was recycled for the Ford Edge CUV.

Ford reuses names all the time since they don't have to go out and get another trademark for them, as long as they keep the trademark active

skipole70

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There was a Ranger Edge and the name was recycled for the Ford Edge CUV.

Ford reuses names all the time since they don't have to go out and get another trademark for them, as long as they keep the trademark active
Since the Bronco was already an aged vehicle, the blue-oval brand needed something else. Instead of introducing a new generation for the iconic model, it created a new lineup: the Expedition. Ford built the vehicle on a new platform shared with the F-150. It was a costly program, but the results worth the effort. In May 1996, Ford introduced the Expedition and became a gamechanger on the market. It finally had something to put against Chevrolet Tahoe.

https://www.autoevolution.com/cars/ford-expedition-1996.html#aeng_ford-expedition-1996-46

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Since the Bronco was already an aged vehicle, the blue-oval brand needed something else. Instead of introducing a new generation for the iconic model, it created a new lineup: the Expedition. Ford built the vehicle on a new platform shared with the F-150. It was a costly program, but the results worth the effort. In May 1996, Ford introduced the Expedition and became a gamechanger on the market. It finally had something to put against Chevrolet Tahoe.

https://www.autoevolution.com/cars/ford-expedition-1996.html#aeng_ford-expedition-1996-46

And your point? I provided a period publication saying the Expedition was REPLACING the Bronco

skipole70

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend