DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
its pretty impressive 470 Hp/ 470 torque. Definitely gonna be some cancelled Bronco reservations especially since it may be available sooner than the Bronco! Wtf Ford?

I like that the auto comes with legitimate paddle shifters.
Sponsored

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I may be weird...But I can appreciate a 470 hp, v8 powered wrangler while still wanting a Bronco.

Another weird thing - I might own a Jeep and a Ford Product at the same time shortly. Blasphemous!

I like all cars/companies that "make an effort" and don't just shove another crossover down our throats. Bring on the Wrangler 392, the Raptor, the Civic type R, the RS6 Avant...heck, the fiat 500 Abarth. Make it fast, make it fun and keep them coming, or else we will all be driving Toyota Highlanders in a few years.

mjopp

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I may be weird...But I can appreciate a 470 hp, v8 powered wrangler while still wanting a Bronco.

Another weird thing - I might own a Jeep and a Ford Product at the same time shortly. Blasphemous!

I like all cars/companies that "make an effort" and don't just shove another crossover down our throats. Bring on the Wrangler 392, the Raptor, the Civic type R, the RS6 Avant...heck, the fiat 500 Abarth. Make it fast, make it fun and keep them coming, or else we will all be driving Toyota Highlanders in a few years.
Everyone should appreciate competition. Everyone knows that the V8 Wrangler is very much a response to Ford's Bronco launch. Hopefully Ford keeps pushing FCA to make changes, and vice versa.

But damn do I enjoy these 0 to death wobble jokes :LOL:

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To those casting the stones about instability, don't forget the last SUV that Ford made using a Ranger frame, 2.3 L4 and 2.8 V6 (sound similar to the 2021 Bronco?) called the Bronco 2 had a rather notorious history of rolling and killing people at a higher percentage then just about anything else, even more than the 4 door replacement version known as the Explorer. Maybe give the tribalism a rest and see how it plays out? It can only be good from a competition standpoint for the consumer
Don’t see how one has anything to do with the other. Ford didn’t double down by putting a 470hp V8 in the bronco II.

I agree with you on the horrendous safety record of the Bronco II, and Ford has a long history of building unsafe vehicles, but that doesn’t have much to do with what FCA is doing with the 392.

Fwiw you’re right on the tribalism it’s getting out of hand but at the same time this is a silly move by Stellantis.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Definitely gonna be some cancelled Bronco reservations especially since it may be available sooner than the Bronco! Wtf Ford?
To be honest, and I don't want to be a dick here, but I kinda hope so. I've always been a Bronco man, sure Ford could've totally screwed this up and released something I despised and called it a Bronco, but they did not. Didn't hit on everything I wanted (like a V8 & a tailgate & a white top), but for the most part they did.

So for every reservation that goes to a new V8 Jeep, that just makes my wait that much shorter. So to those who do, yeah I'm jealous of no V8 sound or raw power, but I'd still take a Bronco over a Jeep, that's just me.

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

To those casting the stones about instability, don't forget the last SUV that Ford made using a Ranger frame, 2.3 L4 and 2.8 V6 (sound similar to the 2021 Bronco?) called the Bronco 2 had a rather notorious history of rolling and killing people at a higher percentage then just about anything else, even more than the 4 door replacement version known as the Explorer. Maybe give the tribalism a rest and see how it plays out? It can only be good from a competition standpoint for the consumer
Don’t see how one has anything to do with the other. Ford didn’t double down by putting a 470hp V8 in the bronco II.

I agree with you on the horrendous safety record of the Bronco II, and Ford has a long history of building unsafe vehicles, but that doesn’t have much to do with what FCA is doing with the 392.

Fwiw you’re right on the tribalism it’s getting out of hand but at the same time this is a silly move by Stellantis.
Just to squash this debate, it's called Natural Selection. I drove a Bronco II (my father's) for years. Never did I ever roll it. It's just as much human error as it is design.

Now jump to the Explorer (I think) debacle with the Firestone tires exploding, well that's more manufacturing error.

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The new Wagoneer looked a lot like a Flex..
I like the looks of the Jeep Cherokees, especially the SRT. But the new Wagoneer looks like they drove a Jeep into a shipping container at 50mph to make sure they had flat surfaces on every side.

Ford Bronco Live Reveal: Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 jgw

dshanesmith

Outer Banks
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ah, I don't see how a death wobble in a stock 2018 JL Sahara would be my fault (I know you said "mainly", but still ?‍♂)? Dealer can't/won't fix it. So glad its lease and will be going away at the approximate time my Bronco arrives. I think people will need to sign a waiver before purchasing that vehicle with that power.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good GOD I don’t want to be on the road anywhere near these things. Seriously can’t believe they’re bragging about 0-60 times on a vehicle that has proven to be unstable with basically a golf cart motor in it. Can’t imagine what it’ll be like to drive one with a 6.4 in it.
I am just disappointed that it is not in the 2-door. Unstable, yes. Fun? YES!

They should also have called it 401 in deference to the Jeep V8.
Sponsored