Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you are looking at the frame. Under the driver side front frame horn there is a metal plate that comes from under the frame and slightly overlaps the front. With the RC kit, this 1/4 inch overlap needs to be ground down so that it's flush with the front of the frame. There are a couple youtube videos out there that shows the removal of the horns and grinding it flat.
Apparently that wasn't a problem with mine, because I never had to do anything to it and there were no clearance issues in that area. I still have the overhang and it's not contacting anything, the winch tray lip clears it by about an inch.
Sponsored

FlavyPA

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didnā€™t
2.3l though
@mcinfantry couple quick questions on your install.

1. Did you mount your solenoid on the center of the winch, or off to the side? Mine has the option to mount the solenoid off center towards the passenger side.
2. Did you run your ground wire to the battery, or just ground it to the Bronco body?

Thanks!

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@mcinfantry couple quick questions on your install.

1. Did you mount your solenoid on the center of the winch, or off to the side? Mine has the option to mount the solenoid off center towards the passenger side.
2. Did you run your ground wire to the battery, or just ground it to the Bronco body?

Thanks!
I run a zeon platinum I didnā€™t move anything and ran leads back to battery

Bentpushrod

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ram 2500, '18 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had the RC hidden mount, switched to the Lobo mount last May, much nicer in my opinion. I have the 2.3. And to reinforce what mcinfantry said, I didnā€™t have to relocate my solenoid either. Iā€™m running the Warn Evo on mine.
Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road HNT Hidden Winch Skid For  Bronco IMG_4073

FlavyPA

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just finished installing and wiring the relay. Aux 5 will be used to power up the winch. Just need ups to deliver the skid
Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road HNT Hidden Winch Skid For  Bronco 1000005692

Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just finished installing and wiring the relay. Aux 5 will be used to power up the winch. Just need ups to deliver the skid
Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road HNT Hidden Winch Skid For  Bronco 1000005692
Nice, that's where my relay lived for a while as well. Not too many other places available for it, but I did figure out that I could just barely fit it between the negative battery terminal and the fuse box to free up a little space.

FlavyPA

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice, that's where my relay lived for a while as well. Not too many other places available for it, but I did figure out that I could just barely fit it between the negative battery terminal and the fuse box to free up a little space.
Yea, there's a bracket on front of the battery which seemed meant for a relay mount šŸ˜‰