Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The WNC Front Winch Bumper is now available to order!

Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road WNC Front Winch Bumper DTS_1703-2400w-scaled

The WNC Front Bumper is designed to incorporate the High-N-Tight design ethos of our HNT series bumpers, but with accomodations for mounting a winch on/in the bumper while maintaining as much ground clearance and approach angle as possible. We’ve managed to shoehorn the workhorse Warn EVO Series 12,000 lb. winch within the envelope of the bumper shell. Compared to the HNT Bumper, the WNC bumper sticks out only an additional 1-7/8 inches in the front, for a total of slightly under 4" past the surface of the grille (not counting the recovery tabs). The underside lines tuck up sharply as they extend outward toward the bumper ends, allowing maximum clearance for tires to grab rocks and ledges to pull the Bronco up and over extreme obstacles. The bumper shell incorporates a fairlead mount and cutout on top to access to the winch’s clutch lever and drum.

Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road WNC Front Winch Bumper DTS_1603-2400w

The WNC bumper tucks the winch in enough to afford the most unobstructed view possible from the front trail camera, for a bumper-mounted winch equipped Bronco (without the optional light bar). Here's a look at the camera view:

Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road WNC Front Winch Bumper F6-17-4510_H-1500sq

In addition to high clearance, we’ve worked to achieve the lightest weight and lowest center of gravity possible. We achieved that by using 1/8-inch thick plate steel for the bumper’s outer shell. This is thicker material than the factory Modular steel bumper, but lighter weight than most heavy aftermarket bumpers which are made of thicker plate. But we did provide the beef where it counts, as the bumper shell mounts over our beefy Frame Brackets and Winch Mount Cradle, which are made of 3/16″ thick plate steel. These components provide the structural rigidity required to support the winch as well as the bumper’s Recovery Tabs. They also incorporate Outrigger Braces for the bumper shell and provide a rigid attachment point for either the HNT Front Skid Plate, or the factory skid plate that came on Broncos equipped with the steel modular bumper. The weight of this beefy under-structure is concentrated where it is needed, and absent where it would be a waste.

Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road WNC Front Winch Bumper DTS_1581-2400w

The 1″ thick CNC machined Extreme Duty Recovery Tabs are fully incorporated into the beefy structure of the Frame Brackets and protrude through CNC laser-cut slots in the Bumper Shell. These Recovery Tabs accept standard heavy duty D-ring shackles and soft shackles, and are fully boxed and braced to handle the most severe recovery duty or even tow-bar attachments for flat towing. The Bumper Shell’s center and outboard cut-outs are filled with removable CNC laser-cut mesh panels that may be painted a contrasting color by the end-user, if desired. The HNT Front Bumper is designed to be fully compatible with parking sensors but will require relocation of the adaptive cruise control (ACC) module (relocation brackets are available now from other manufacturers, Lobo Off-Road will offer one of our own soon).

Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road WNC Front Winch Bumper DTS_1581-2400w

The WNC Front Bumper is made entirely of 1/8″ and 3/16″ thick mild steel plate, CNC laser cut, precision brake-formed, and professionally fixture welded for a consistent fit and finish. Premium hardware and detailed installation instructions are included. WNC Front Bumper comes standard with a durable multi-stage light-textured black powder coat finish. For those who wish to paint or coat it a custom color, the bumper may be special-ordered raw (please allow extra production time).

Here's our Installation Video for this bumper:

The top-mount light bracket shown in these photos is sold separately. Note that the light mount may obstruct access to the winch's clutch lever.

Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road WNC Front Winch Bumper DTS_1704X-2400w

One thing that is important to note with the WNC bumper is that we had to limit the choice of compatible winches, in order to tuck it in as well as we did. We designed it around the WARN EVO series winches, which does give you the choice of up to 12,000 lb. winch capacity. If you're planning on using a different brand or series of winch, just make sure it fits within the size envelope of the Warn EVO series (spec's available on WARN's website) and has the ability to remotely mount the control pack. But we can tell you now that WARN's ZEON Series winches will NOT fit.

The WNC Front Winch Bumper pairs beautifully with our HNT Aluminum Front Skid (shown in these photos) and should also work with the stock skid that came on Broncos equipped with the steel modular bumper. We believe it may also fit with other aftermarket skids that were designed to work with the factory steel modular bumper, but we have not confirmed any other compatibility yet.

All Lobo Off-Road Bumpers are now available in an optional finish: Mica Armor Coat is a super durable polyester powder coat finish with excellent weather resistance properties for high performance and architectural applications. It has built-in UV resistance to reduce fade over time, which is especially important for vehicles that spend their time outside and on the trail rather than in the garage. This polyester powder coat is thicker and more durable than typical coatings, better able to resist scuffs, scratches and chipping. Mica Armor Coat is dark gray in color, with a light 3D Metallic flake (see Finish close-ups in Image Gallery). Please allow up to two weeks additional lead time for Mica Armor Coat.

Finish-Mica01-1500sq.jpg

Finish-Mica02-1500sq.jpg

The standard finish on all Lobo Bumpers is still our Light-Textured Black Powder Coat:

Finish-Black01-1500sq.jpg

Finish-Black02-1500sq.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I presume this bumper has a footprint equal to or less than the HD Modular bumper?

Bumper has gone to the top of my list, but want to make sure I'm not losing approach angle

Sewie

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco, 22 Bronco BL Sas 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really like the clean lines and how tucked this is. This is top of my list too.......if my winch will fit.
I have an XD9000 that is ~1" wider to the passenger side than an Evo. Can you provide actual measurements of the winch mounting area or post a picture showing clearances?

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Top of my list. I've been trying to piece together RC hidden winch and other low profile bumpers. This accomplishes all that. Any plans for tube work? Prerunner or basic brush guard.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well, you've certainly got my attention.

Wonder how well those adaptive cruise relocations have been working out for people

Sponsored

cburke996

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Firebird, E39 M5, Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really like this. Does it work with the Ford metal front skid? Also will you guys be looking at adding any bull bar / prerunner type bar to this in the future?

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I presume this bumper has a footprint equal to or less than the HD Modular bumper?

Bumper has gone to the top of my list, but want to make sure I'm not losing approach angle
Thank you for your interest. The HNT winch bumper is a little under 4" from the farthest forward part of the grill area. The package is as tight as we can make it without making extensive modifications.

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Really like the clean lines and how tucked this is. This is top of my list too.......if my winch will fit.
I have an XD9000 that is ~1" wider to the passenger side than an Evo. Can you provide actual measurements of the winch mounting area or post a picture showing clearances?
Attached are a couple images of the evo mounted within the assembly. The winch is already offset in order for it to fit.

IMG_4132.jpg

IMG_4134.jpg

IMG_4135.jpg

IMG_4136.jpg

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Top of my list. I've been trying to piece together RC hidden winch and other low profile bumpers. This accomplishes all that. Any plans for tube work? Prerunner or basic brush guard.
Yes, in the images of the original post, the bumper is equipped with our prototype light only mount. We will be providing a couple plate and tube options as well.

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I really like this. Does it work with the Ford metal front skid? Also will you guys be looking at adding any bull bar / prerunner type bar to this in the future?
we have not test fitted with the OEM skidplate. Yes, we will be providing a couple tube and plate accessory options.

Sponsored

Sewie

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco, 22 Bronco BL Sas 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Attached are a couple images of the evo mounted within the assembly. The winch is already offset in order for it to fit.
Thanks! Those are very helpful. And the fit is, um.....tight. Not sure I can make the XD fit but I'll have to take a closer look.

Also, based on those pics, it looks like the sub-frame/cradle design will make installation easier than other bumpers I've looked at.

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road WNC Front Winch Bumper IMG_4136

Hey Chris, just something to be aware of, WARN has EVO and VR EVO, so you need to be more specific on your website about what winch you have tested with.

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Lobo Off-Road .......fantastic looking bumper! A few questions, however.........

ACC compatibility?

RE: 2.7 motor......."hidden" winch bumpers that I have seen seem to have the winch tucked up under and require re-location of the oil cooler and some rigging of intercooler dampers and such. This bumper looks like maybe it fits in front of all that an no re-locations are required? Can you confirm?

Is the uncoated skid plate in your pictures part of the bumper package or is that sold separately?

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks! Those are very helpful. And the fit is, um.....tight. Not sure I can make the XD fit but I'll have to take a closer look.

Also, based on those pics, it looks like the sub-frame/cradle design will make installation easier than other bumpers I've looked at.
Yes its a very tight fit. Yes the main structure can be installed on the bronco and the winch is still able to be installed after. It helps make assembly a ease vs trying to hold everything sturdy on the bench.

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey Chris, just something to be aware of, WARN has EVO and VR EVO, so you need to be more specific on your website about what winch you have tested with.
Thank you, I will look into this
Sponsored