First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Badlands Sasquatch, 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was even able to keep the plastic fins / louvers between the intercooler and winch in place with some modifications.
What mods did you have to do. If you have any, photos would be great.
Sponsored

Matt N

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Terry,

It has been a while since I did the install but I do remember most of it. I can send you some photos if you like.

I had the stock bumper (not the modular), and I do not have parking sensors, so it was as basic as you can get. Once I had the bumper off, I noticed there was a plastic shroud in front of the cooler that had fins on it. There was one piece I had to remove, and 99% of it remained intact. I did slightly modify the edges of the piece that remained intact. It really was not bad if you are mechanically incline and willing to try.

I know the bumper was designed for the Warn VR EVO 12 Winch, but I looked up the measurements and determined the Badlands ZXR 9000 which I think has now been upgraded to the ZXR 9500. I would confirm the measurement to ensure it has the same dimensions. I went with the Badlands because I maybe use my winch 3-4 times per year and really didn't want to spend the extra money for a Warn.

I removed the control module from the winch and relocated it under the hood on the passenger side. There is a black "V" bracket on the passenger side, under the hood that I attached a couple homemade brackets to for mounting the control box. When I use the winch, I do have to open the hood and plug in the controller but it has not been an issue.

I can tell you, I am happy with the bumper and really happy with the winch. When I was searching for a bumper option, I did not want one with a prevalent winch sticking way out front. That is why this one caught my eye.

Also, no issues with airflow to the cooler. I have had this thing in 100 degree weather and no issues.

Here are a few photos.

IMG_8367.PNG

IMG_9860.jpeg

IMG_9861.jpeg

IMG_9864.jpeg

IMG_9865.jpeg

Sponsored

TerryB

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Badlands Sasquatch, 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks Matt N. Very detaile and great photos.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Check the measurement to confirm they are the same as the ZXR 9000. If so, yes I have.
Did you ever take measurements? (I found an old manual that says the ZXR9000 was 532mm long) The Badlands ZXR9500, which replaces your ZXR9000, has a width of 548mm. The Warn VR Evo 12-s shown in photos here is 534mm wide which means the ZXR9500 is just over 1/2" wider or 1/4" on both sides. The Badlands ZXR12000 is actually narrower at 540mm which is just under 1/4" wider than the Evo or 1/8" per side. Now that is .125" and it was mentioned earlier here that fitting a .125" plate between the Evo and the frame was a very tight fit. That assumes the distance between both ends is in the same relative center.

I think the Hidden Skid plus HNT bumper will give me more value for someone who looks for value and not the Warn $$$ name and wants more options. I can get a more reasonably priced winch, which more than makes up for having to buy the winch skid plate going that direction.

Matt N

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I never took the measurements. I can tell you that each measurement from the mounting holes is different. On my Bronco, the gap on the passenger side, between the winch and bumper is less than a quarter inch. I is too difficult to access to get an official gap measurement installed. On the driver side, there is slightly more room but not a lot. Maybe a quarter inch. It is a tight fit.

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A few images sent in over the weekend, of a black diamond, utilizing our WNC bumper and light mount!!! Thank you Rudolph for sending in the images!!!

IMG_1310.jpg

IMG_1913.jpg

IMG_2081.jpg