Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is in consideration, However we are severely limited on our options due to the tight packaging.
yes, that is the issue most companies have as well i'm sure - but hey, why not be the FIRST one to get a "perfect" one designed? I speak to a LOT of Bronco owners who do have a similar concern as mine - not just the hidden winch idea, but more so being able to move over their installed lights on their Modular bumper.

Here is a link to my build with pics for reference :)
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...programming-and-more-pics.59736/#post-1686598
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for responding. After looking at the Smittybilt installation instructions, there is a drawing which shows dimensions. Assuming it’s accurate, it appears the X20 winches are slightly smaller than the VR EVOs. If I had seen that earlier, I probably wouldn’t have asked but once again, thanks for responding. This is the first winch bumper I’ve seen that I was excited about. Looking forward to see what else y’all do with it.

FD6558E4-A4C4-440C-BE5F-E5399058FA8B.jpeg
One concern I would have is the distance from the mounting bolt holes and longer end of the winch being the same if shorter than the warn vr evo. I had to center the winch overall rather than spool center due to the tight packaging.

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
yes, that is the issue most companies have as well i'm sure - but hey, why not be the FIRST one to get a "perfect" one designed? I speak to a LOT of Bronco owners who do have a similar concern as mine - not just the hidden winch idea, but more so being able to move over their installed lights on their Modular bumper.

Here is a link to my build with pics for reference :)
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...programming-and-more-pics.59736/#post-1686598
Totally understand where you are coming from. And would love to be able to produce the " perfect" design in everyone's opinion.

cburke996

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Firebird, E39 M5, Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Lobo Off-Road you've mentioned tube work will be optional in the future. If I were to order now, could the bar be added later?

What is current lead time for a bumper?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Lobo Off-Road, do y’all have a recommended spot for relocating the control box?
At this time I do not have a on record recommendation location for the control box. however I have seen many install it under the hood and also many other creative locations, throughout the forums.

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Lobo Off-Road you've mentioned tube work will be optional in the future. If I were to order now, could the bar be added later?

What is current lead time for a bumper?
Hello, that is correct, there will be tube options that will be a bolt on addition, that can be installed after the purchase of the bumper.

I have been informed that I should be receiving plate work no later than 12/20. Production will start no later than 12/21 and I would like to that the WNC should be shipping in 4 weeks.

Disciple Mike

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 1500, Bronco, 600RR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

One concern I would have is the distance from the mounting bolt holes and longer end of the winch being the same if shorter than the warn vr evo. I had to center the winch overall rather than spool center due to the tight packaging.
I finally got around to opening the box for the X20 Gen 2 and the turns out the paperwork has different dimensions than what’s online. According to that, the Gen 2 is 4.5 mm longer on the longer side than the VR Evo. You think there’s an additional 4.5 mm (.177”) on that side?

74499C4D-CFFA-4E14-90A2-57EB274F4C30.jpeg

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I finally got around to opening the box for the X20 Gen 2 and the turns out the paperwork has different dimensions than what’s online. According to that, the Gen 2 is 4.5 mm longer on the longer side than the VR Evo. You think there’s an additional 4.5 mm (.177”) on that side?

Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road WNC Front Winch Bumper 74499C4D-CFFA-4E14-90A2-57EB274F4C30
I just took some measurments on the first article and the warn VR Evo has comfortably .100" on each side. I tried sliding in a .125" plate and it is a tight fit. Forsure going to crash if the winch is .177" longer. The packaging is as tight as I am able to make it, with variance from vehicle to vehicle. Im sure if someone was willing to be creative, they could make it fit, but I do not have a solution to put on record lol

Disciple Mike

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just took some measurments on the first article and the warn VR Evo has comfortably .100" on each side. I tried sliding in a .125" plate and it is a tight fit. Forsure going to crash if the winch is .177" longer. The packaging is as tight as I am able to make it, with variance from vehicle to vehicle. Im sure if someone was willing to be creative, they could make it fit, but I do not have a solution to put on record lol
Thanks for responding quickly. I went ahead and ordered a bumper and skid plate from y’all last week but I guess it’s going to at least be next month before y’all are able to ship it. So, that’ll give me some time to get a different winch.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for responding quickly. I went ahead and ordered a bumper and skid plate from y’all last week but I guess it’s going to at least be next month before y’all are able to ship it. So, that’ll give me some time to get a different winch.
Thank you for the order!!! We are doing what we can to get the bumpers done as fast as we can without sacrificing the quality.

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Logo Off-Road HNT Winch Fairlead is now available!

Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road WNC Front Winch Bumper 74499C4D-CFFA-4E14-90A2-57EB274F4C30

For those who have already ordered or will be ordering our HNT Hidden Winch Skid or WNC Front Bumper, this fairlead was specifically designed to work with the "high-and-tight" aspect of these products. The lower edge is beveled to better match the high clearance lines of the skid or bumper. Specifically on the Skid, the fairlead closely matches the angle of the skid itself so that the fairlead doesn't stick out and is less prone to hit the rocks when working through tight obstacles.

The HNT Winch Fairlead is CNC machined aluminum with a type III hard anodized finish and heavy duty hardware. They are available now from our website!

Disciple Mike

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Lobo Off-Road Hey Chris, I notice the webpage for this bumper now distinguishes between those with front parking sensors and those without. I could be wrong but I don’t recall that distinction before. How will that affect those that ordered before?

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Lobo Off-Road Hey Chris, I notice the webpage for this bumper now distinguishes between those with front parking sensors and those without. I could be wrong but I don’t recall that distinction before. How will that affect those that ordered before?
All customers that have placed orders prior to the update on the website, will receive a email, in order to confirm what options are needed.

Dcook

Badlands
First Name
Davon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep renegade trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
any updates on if your smitty built fit or if you did a little grinding to make it work? I have an Ironman monster winch that’s 21.3” wide… probably too wide ti grind in and make work. I don’t want the warm as it’s 75 pounds, and my monster is 62… but the smitty is 65… so I’d just get a smitty if it worked. Let me know!
Sponsored