First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We are rafting in Idaho for 6 days and they will shuttle the car (truck? What do we call these Bronco things?). I can’t find my second key fob so am looking for a way to have them lock the keys in but let me later unlock it. Nothing seems foolproof but the best we’ve got is we leave them the FOB while we take the removable KEY. My wife is lobbying for just order a second fob which we need anyhow.

As I said this needs to be foolproof. Where we pick up the car is still pretty remote!
Sponsored

eduard4us

Outer Banks
First Name
Eduard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We are rafting in Idaho for 6 days and they will shuttle the car (truck? What do we call these Bronco things?). I can’t find my second key fob so am looking for a way to have them lock the keys in but let me later unlock it. Nothing seems foolproof but the best we’ve got is we leave them the FOB while we take the removable KEY. My wife is lobbying for just order a second fob which we need anyhow.

As I said this needs to be foolproof. Where we pick up the car is still pretty remote!
Keypad

2DRNMT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It’s been said above, but you should be able lock the key fob in the car using the keypad. Just hit 7/8 & 9/0 at the same time and then use your code to unlock.

Sponsored

RCVBAF

Big Bend
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2005 Ranger FX4, & 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just use Ford Pass on your phone.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You’ll need cell service to use FordPass. So be sure to know in advance that the parking lot has that before you count on this option.

The keypad is pretty inexpensive from Ford (like $120 + $80 installation). If you don’t like the look, have them mount it inside the gas door.

Sponsored

Dog

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yes
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Listen to your wife - get a second key fob, you need a back up anyway. In addition, the other options (app, key pad) will work for this.

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I go to a few places where there is no cell service…like the outer banks in NC. When you are on the sand above Corolla, no cell service at all. In fact, I would think many off-road places may not have cell service as they out of the way.

my vote is key pad to work all the time.

Bronccraig

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Challenger RT Hemi Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You’ll need cell service to use FordPass. So be sure to know in advance that the parking lot has that before you count on this option.

The keypad is pretty inexpensive from Ford (like $120 + $80 installation). If you don’t like the look, have them mount it inside the gas door.
This ^ I tested this while remote hiking and the app failed me sadly..so..wish I had opted for the keypad on my base BB (

TX-Dennis

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

That should work if the vehicle will lock with the fob inside. Some will not. I've never tried that with my Bronco Test at home to be sure before you go.

OP
OP
MontanaDave

MontanaDave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did see the other posts about locking things but the focus there seemed to be NOT wanting to lock the keys in the car. Here I WANT TO lock them in but have a way to (a) let the shuttle service drive it, then (b) lock it but still (c) let us unlock it six days later 100 miles away.

I saw a reference to the FordPass app. Hmm I will look into that too.
Sponsored