Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was fortunate to have a connection with Eibach through a friend/shop owner locally here in Southern California. I got the Stage 1 prototype system in March. 2022. I have a MY2021 Black Diamond, 2 Door Manual non sasquatch. I had the Stage 1 system for approximately 10k miles.

Stage1

Pros:

Very cost effective solution
Excellent Valving and Spring rate
Springs are swappable down the line if you find yourself loading up heavy for overlanding.
Not overly stressing on suspension joints/bushings.

Cons:
Clip adjusting not as easy as the Stage 2 threaded body
Not a fully adjustable system (I.E. Fox, King, Radflow, Etc).

The Stage 1 system on my bronco was a fantastic upgrade. I live in Southern California and drove it to Flagstaff and Redmond for Overland Expo West & PNW. Drove basically from Mexico to Canada last summer, and back. It's seen about 1k offroading here in Southern California, Oregon, Washington, and Arizona.

If you're main goal is to have a better (slightly stiffer) ride, that is height adjustable, that won't break the bank, this is your lift. You can retain factory arms with no adverse wear. The lack of compression and rebound adjustment isn't a big deal. Most people don't know how to properly adjust these settings anyway. So for a full system (both axles) that is half the price of one axle setup of a fully adjustable set, it's a very reasonable tradeoff. I have the most time on the stage 1 and have thoroughly abused it, with no failures at all. It's been in the air in Johnson Valley, slow crawled up rocks, been daily driven, and on long road trips.

Stage2

Pros:
Threaded body adjustment with spanner.
Even better feel with spring/shock tuning
True coilover
Still very well priced
Retain factory components

Cons:
Not a fully adjustable system

I got the stage 2 system about 4k miles ago. I daily drive the Bronco, I've taken this system on a road trip to Peoria, up crown king, to Prescott and back home. Since I had a prototype system on the stage 1, this was a real nice upgrade. The stage 1 system has been revised and is even better than when I was testing originally. The stage 2 system I now have is very well done. It has a nice soft ride zone and is not jarring when driving on the road at all. I've got tons of miles on pogo stick lifts that are horrific, this is like riding on a cloud. Offroad wise, I only have a couple hundred miles on this setup, but its very good. Crawling over rocks, higher speed stuff, fire roads, it's easy to maintain control while not being harsh at all even when trying to abuse it by getting air at high speed over things on fire roads.

Recommendations:
Stage 2 if you have the budget for it. The ease of height adjustment is nice. Especially if you're going to be loading up for a a trip offroading for a few days or if you, like me, have a ton of gear/tools you bring. Being able to raise the ride height back to normal is nice.

Stage 1 if you're wanting to keep price more easy to swallow. If you're mostly doing shorter trips, have less gear, or aren't as heavily loaded. Clip height is more a set it and forget it deal.

Both systems are excellent. And I would not hesitate to run either one. I did get these systems for free, but I'll say what I want because it's not like Eibach can come take them back now haha.

If you have any questions let me know, if I can't answer it directly, I'll get the answer.

Stage 1 pics:
Ford Bronco Long term reviews on Eibach Stage 1 and Stage 2 lift kits and my recommendations 038A7197

Ford Bronco Long term reviews on Eibach Stage 1 and Stage 2 lift kits and my recommendations 20220916_132736

Stage 2 pics:
Ford Bronco Long term reviews on Eibach Stage 1 and Stage 2 lift kits and my recommendations 20230312_074427

Ford Bronco Long term reviews on Eibach Stage 1 and Stage 2 lift kits and my recommendations 20230326_153643
Sponsored

Last edited:

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Bigguyry2000 I have the Stage 2 and love it. Do you know if there are heavier springs for that kit also?

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So... I don't even know what this is... Lol
Just springs and perches on stock shocks? Both shocks and springs? When I hear Eibach, all I think of is overly stiff springs. Lol 🤷
Stage 2: Just the coilovers in picture but the arms are Core 4x4...
Ford Bronco Long term reviews on Eibach Stage 1 and Stage 2 lift kits and my recommendations 20220905_064223

OP
OP
Bigguyry2000

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So... I don't even know what this is... Lol
Just springs and perches on stock shocks? Both shocks and springs? When I hear Eibach, all I think of is overly stiff springs. Lol 🤷
These are very compliant. The kits come with Shocks and Springs. The stage one is a coil around the shock and mounts exactly like the factory stuff. The stage 2 is a true coilover.

They make springs for fox, radflow and several other oems. They are only stiff if you spec them heavy and stiff.

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These are very compliant. The kits come with Shocks and Springs. The stage one is a coil around the shock and mounts exactly like the factory stuff. The stage 2 is a true coilover.

They make springs for fox, radflow and several other oems. They are only stiff if you spec them heavy and stiff.
And I think they "loosen up" a little bit with use 👍🏻

iBrad81

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since when is there 2 different adjustable Eibach systems I thought stage 1 was just springs and stage 2 were complete adjustable coil overs?

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the review. Great looking Bronco. On the Stage 1 pics, what is your tire size and offset? Also, what number did you set the Stage ones at?

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was fortunate to have a connection with Eibach through a friend/shop owner locally here in Southern California. I got the Stage 1 prototype system in March. 2022. I have a MY2021 Black Diamond, 2 Door Manual non sasquatch. I had the Stage 1 system for approximately 10k miles.

Stage1:
Pros:
Springs are swappable down the line if you find yourself loading up heavy for overlanding.

Cons:

The Stage 1 system on my bronco was a fantastic upgrade. I live in Southern California and drove it to Flagstaff and Redmond for Overland Expo West & PNW. Drove basically from Mexico to Canada last summer, and back. It's seen about 1k offroading here in Southern California, Oregon, Washington, and Arizona.

If you're main goal is to have a better (slightly stiffer) ride, that is height adjustable, that won't break the bank, this is your lift. You can retain factory arms with no adverse wear. The lack of compression and rebound adjustment isn't a big deal. Most people don't know how to properly adjust these settings anyway. So for a full system (both axles) that is half the price of one axle setup of a fully adjustable set, it's a very reasonable tradeoff. I have the most time on the stage 1 and have thoroughly abused it, with no failures at all. It's been in the air in Johnson Valley, slow crawled up rocks, been daily driven, and on long road trips.

Stage2:
Pros:
True coilover
Still very well priced

Cons:

I got the stage 2 system about 4k miles ago. I daily drive the Bronco, I've taken this system on a road trip to Peoria, up crown king, to Prescott anf back home. Since I had a prototype system on the stage 1, this was a real nice upgrade. The stage 1 system has been revised and is even better than when I was testing originally. The stage 2 system I now have is very well done. It has a nice soft ride zone and is not jarring when driving on the road at all. I've got tons of miles on pogo stick lifts that are horrific, this is like riding on a cloud. Offroad wise, I only have a couple hundred miles on this setup, but its very good. Crawling over rocks, higher speed stuff, fire roads, it's easy to maintain control while not being harsh at all even when trying to abuse it by getting air at high speed over things on fire roads.

Recommendations:
Stage 2 if you have the budget for it. The ease of height adjustment is nice. Especially if you're going to be loading up for a a trip offroading for a few days or if you, like me, have a ton of gear/tools you bring. Being able to raise the rest height back to normal is nice.

Stage 1 if you're wanting to keep price more easy to swallow. If you're mostly doing shorter trips, have less gear, or aren't as heavily loaded. Clip height is more a set it and forget it deal.

Both systems are excellent. And I would not hesitate to run either one. I did get these systems for free, but I'll say what u want because it's not like Eibach can come take them back now haha.

If you have any Austin's let me know, if I can't answer it directly, I'll get the answer.

Stage 1 pics:
Ford Bronco Long term reviews on Eibach Stage 1 and Stage 2 lift kits and my recommendations 20220905_064223

Stage 2 pics:

Could you share the link to the stage 2 kit?

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have a set going on this Tuesday. Along with Icon UCA's and track bar relocation bracket
Ford Bronco Long term reviews on Eibach Stage 1 and Stage 2 lift kits and my recommendations Screenshot_20230402-153822_Gmail

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Stage1

Pros:

Cons:

Stage2

Pros:
True coilover
Still very well priced

Cons:

I got the stage 2 system about 4k miles ago. I daily drive the Bronco, I've taken this system on a road trip to Peoria, up crown king, to Prescott anf back home. Since I had a prototype system on the stage 1, this was a real nice upgrade. The stage 1 system has been revised and is even better than when I was testing originally. The stage 2 system I now have is very well done. It has a nice soft ride zone and is not jarring when driving on the road at all. I've got tons of miles on pogo stick lifts that are horrific, this is like riding on a cloud. Offroad wise, I only have a couple hundred miles on this setup, but its very good. Crawling over rocks, higher speed stuff, fire roads, it's easy to maintain control while not being harsh at all even when trying to abuse it by getting air at high speed over things on fire roads.

Recommendations:
Stage 2 if you have the budget for it. The ease of height adjustment is nice. Especially if you're going to be loading up for a a trip offroading for a few days or if you, like me, have a ton of gear/tools you bring. Being able to raise the rest height back to normal is nice.

Both systems are excellent. And I would not hesitate to run either one. I did get these systems for free, but I'll say what u want because it's not like Eibach can come take them back now haha.

If you have any Austin's let me know, if I can't answer it directly, I'll get the answer.

Stage 1 pics:
Ford Bronco Long term reviews on Eibach Stage 1 and Stage 2 lift kits and my recommendations Screenshot_20230402-153822_Gmail

Stage 2 pics:

Is what you are reviewing the same as the "Pro-Truck Stage 2 Coilover?" https://eibach.com/us/2883/E86-35-056-01-22-FORD-Bronco-pro-truck-lift-stage-2-coilovers

Haddixx

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2-Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Bigguyry2000, what's the roof rack on the 2-door? It looks like it's just on the back half of the roof. How does it mount to the Bronco?

RYD003

Outer Banks
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY23 Bronco OB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
what shop helped you with installation? I'm in Southern California and been thinking about going with the stage 2

ColoradoKid26

Badlands
First Name
Naughty Scotty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badsquatch, 2022 F-150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Badsquatch I want to do the Stage 2 on.
I'm going with the Icon UCA's and tie rods as well.

Question:
Is the track bar relo bracket a must have?

OP
OP
Bigguyry2000

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model