Sponsored

Looking at Rear shock Skid plates, Next Venture Motorsports vs BroncBuster?

A.Meatball88

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Subaru Crosstrek Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey everyone, My bronco is being built next week and I'm looking into rear shock skid plates. I'm in between Next Venture Motorsports and BroncBuster versions. Can anyone give a review if they own one or the other?

Ford Bronco Looking at Rear shock Skid plates, Next Venture Motorsports vs BroncBuster? NV-FBR-00058_02wb
Ford Bronco Looking at Rear shock Skid plates, Next Venture Motorsports vs BroncBuster? PXL_20220718_164620786
Ford Bronco Looking at Rear shock Skid plates, Next Venture Motorsports vs BroncBuster? Bronco_Shock_Guard_Race_Red
Ford Bronco Looking at Rear shock Skid plates, Next Venture Motorsports vs BroncBuster? Screenshot_20220506-175204_Gallery
Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the NVM doesn't require undoing the bolt at the bottom of the shock for installation. the torque spec for that bolt is an amazing 350 ft-lbs!

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Lcubed : Where can you find the Next Venture Motorsports at? Looks interesting.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the Barnes 4WD Rear Shock Skids, which are similar to the Next Venture, except they use 3/16" steel vs 1/4".

The BroncBuster skids look anemic. You should get something that protects the reservoir a bit better.

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I see yours will be a Wildtrak so make sure you choose skids that are compatible with the HOSS 3.0 FOX Shocks. I know @Lobo Off-Road makes some specifically for that application. I like their design so I've been waiting for them to come out with a version for those of us slumming it with HOSS 1.0/2.0 :)

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP

A.Meatball88

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the NVM doesn't require undoing the bolt at the bottom of the shock for installation. the torque spec for that bolt is an amazing 350 ft-lbs!
Oh man I did not know that, I rather have less of a hassel. NVM sounds the better way to go.

I have the Barnes 4WD Rear Shock Skids, which are similar to the Next Venture, except they use 3/16" steel vs 1/4".

The BroncBuster skids look anemic. You should get something that protects the reservoir a bit better.
They do kind of look little meh style-wise, I do like how they all colored. But honestly the painted is just going to be scratched away and they do need to provide more protection near the reservoir!

I see yours will be a Wildtrak so make sure you choose skids that are compatible with the HOSS 3.0 FOX Shocks. I know @Lobo Off-Road makes some specifically for that application. I like their design so I've been waiting for them to come out with a version for those of us slumming it with HOSS 1.0/2.0 :)
Hey Dusty, I actually have to change that. My Wildtrak order got messed up and they never changed my color I asked for a year before it was built. I now have a Badlands being built next week and its going to another dealership 👍

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey Dusty, I actually have to change that. My Wildtrak order got messed up and they never changed my color I asked for a year before it was built. I now have a Badlands being built next week and its going to another dealership 👍
Gotcha. More skids to choose from in that case.

OP
OP

A.Meatball88

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the Next Venture Skids, they're build well and easy to install! Even fit with my aftermarket shocks.
Nice! Did you do bare steel? Or paint them

Sponsored
OP
OP

A.Meatball88

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered them bare steel and bought a can of bed liner to spray on them.
That's what I was thinking. I've never painted metal, didn't know if something like this needed primer

snowcatxx87

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / 701SM / Tiger 900RP / Grom / Surron
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's what I was thinking. I've never painted metal, didn't know if something like this needed primer
Could you... now hear me out... google how to paint metal?

Kyleshemesh

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It shouldn't need primer, just sprayed on the liner and let it dry for a day before mounting it. Hasn't peeled yet

OP
OP

A.Meatball88

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands