Sponsored

Looking at Rear shock Skid plates, Next Venture Motorsports vs BroncBuster?

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nice! Did you do bare steel? Or paint them
I have the Next Venture Rocker panels, the build quality is awesome. Perfect little heat pin marks all over them. True craftsman and overbuilt.
Sponsored

OP
OP

A.Meatball88

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Subaru Crosstrek Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I see yours will be a Wildtrak so make sure you choose skids that are compatible with the HOSS 3.0 FOX Shocks. I know @Lobo Off-Road makes some specifically for that application. I like their design so I've been waiting for them to come out with a version for those of us slumming it with HOSS 1.0/2.0 :)
Dusty, thank you for throwing our name in the hat. Yes We do have a HOSS 3.0 version, and will be releasing/ ready to ship the HOSS 1.0/2.0 at the end of the month!!! Similar style and structure as our 3.0, but more compact.

Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I guess my next question after looking at the site, NVM, do they work with aftermarket shocks? I have Fabtech on my RIG. I did not see that option there.

lucunup

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco. F150 4x4,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I like how these cover more. Do not like that they have nothing preventing them from working loose and just falling off.
https://dv8offroad.com/products/6th...ent=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&GAD=
I have these and they are great! I wanted protection for the lower training arm as well as the shock. I managed to bend the part of the shock "finger" that sticks out that other skids attach to. Read my review at the bottom of their page as I talked about how I got them on. It was a bit of a pain but some of my pain will be reduced by reading my review. I think the robustness of the way they attach is worth the effort. These skids also protect the shock bracket if you hit a rock when backing up which some of the plates don't do.

cat69man

Wildtrak
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4Dr. Bronco Sasquatch, 2022 Roadglide Limited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey everyone, My bronco is being built next week and I'm looking into rear shock skid plates. I'm in between Next Venture Motorsports and BroncBuster versions. Can anyone give a review if they own one or the other?

NV-FBR-00058_02wb.jpg
PXL_20220718_164620786.jpg
Bronco_Shock_Guard_Race_Red.png
Screenshot_20220506-175204_Gallery.jpg
You should check out Metalcloak. I put the front lower A arm skid plates and rear shock and lower trailing arm plates on. A bit of a pain but better protection.

OP
OP

A.Meatball88

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You should check out Metalcloak. I put the front lower A arm skid plates and rear shock and lower trailing arm plates on. A bit of a pain but better protection.
I totally forgot about Metalcloak, my friend used to run their stuff on his TJ. Their rear shock skid plates look similar to BroncBuster's but for less 👍 and I like how they have a separate piece for the lower control arms

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP

A.Meatball88

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alot of people are suggesting Barnes 👍 I just didn't know if it was as protective as the Next Venture Motorsports shock skid plates
I want to get the A-arm and rear shock skip plates from either Barnes, NVM or Metalcloak, and I wonder how much these help obviate some the Sasquatch skid plate exposed bolts issue? I guess I'll have to crawl under and see where they are. I don't want to shear one off and would hope these would make that harder if not impossible to do.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alot of people are suggesting Barnes 👍 I just didn't know if it was as protective as the Next Venture Motorsports shock skid plates
The Barnes are very close in design to the NVM, but are 3/16" compared to NVM's 1/4". 1/4" is very nice but I couldn't justify the cost. Once I upgrade from the stock SAS suspension, I will be giving them another look.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So they are open at the bottom so you can in theory damage the bottom of the shock.... But the shock is not what you're really trying to protect. You're trying to protect the factory shock mounting bracket.

Besides, the first time you go through water and mud, you'll be glad that it has an opening at the bottom :)

Ford Bronco Looking at Rear shock Skid plates, Next Venture Motorsports vs BroncBuster? 20230805_081322

OP
OP

A.Meatball88

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So they are open at the bottom so you can in theory damage the bottom of the shock.... But the shock is not what you're really trying to protect. You're trying to protect the factory shock mounting bracket.

Besides, the first time you go through water and mud, you'll be glad that it has an opening at the bottom :)

Ford Bronco Looking at Rear shock Skid plates, Next Venture Motorsports vs BroncBuster? 20230805_081322
The water and mud "drain" part is definitely a good idea, but that was also something I was concerned about it getting damaged. They are significantly cheaper than the NVM's... How long have you been running them?
Sponsored