Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BaseSquatch, 2015 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I picked up my Bronco a couple days ago, and my dealer honored MSRP on my reservation. I have been told they are doing the same for all reservation holders. They also have a demo unit for sale with a $18k ADM. This got me to thinking "Can anyone really get that kind of money for a Bronco"?

The answer seems to point to yes. I plugged my Bronco specs into a couple of car buying sites and the offers were 16-19 thousand more than I paid (56-59k, vs. 40k). Even Consumer Reports site did this, which is just bizarre to me as an organization that has dedicated itself for decades on getting people a good deal.

I don't know what I'm trying to say, other than I needed to write this out as a thought. I'm not trying to start an argument on capitalism and free market., it just feels so surreal to see this happening with such a "common" vehicle.
Sponsored

Deleted member 29556

I agree, msrp just loses all meaning, I understand supply and demand but to be honest how much over the msrp is reasonable is beyond me, if market dictates prices then why are people willing to pay such high markups? Sure few % over msrp in a current market can be justified but 10%+ to me is just really milking the situation any I for one refuse to participate the market responds to what those with money or “suckers” are willing to pay, no? Happy new years!

OP
OP
LoboDelRio

LoboDelRio

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Happy New Years.

I could see somebody's rich parents (or just rich in general) doing a one-off purchase, just to have the latest thing. But when companies are building these prices in to general purchasing, it really does lose any meaning, doesn't it?

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some people, when told they can not have something that they want, will lose their reasoning ability. It's no longer math to them. Others are quick to take their money (and that IS math). Buddd0831, you are neither of these types of folks- so, understandably, it is hard for you to imagine this scenario.

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Happy New Years.

I could see somebody's rich parents (or just rich in general) doing a one-off purchase, just to have the latest thing. But when companies are building these prices in to general purchasing, it really does lose any meaning, doesn't it?
Are you saying that Ford is doing this? I don't see it- it is certain individuals and dealers

Sponsored
OP
OP
LoboDelRio

LoboDelRio

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Are you saying that Ford is doing this? I don't see it- it is certain individuals and dealers
Oh no, I'm not saying Ford is doing it. I'm not even complaining about dealers having ADM on vehicles they ordered for themselves. I guess I'm stuck on why dealerships or car buying companies would want to offer to buy at these prices, when they know the market will eventually correct, or are they really saying this is the "new" MSRP? Did those of us who reserved, and who have dealers honoring the reservation, really get that fortunate? Did costs in materials and production really change that much in a year, such that this is the new reality?

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I picked up my Bronco a couple days ago, and my dealer honored MSRP on my reservation. I have been told they are doing the same for all reservation holders. They also have a demo unit for sale with a $18k ADM. This got me to thinking "Can anyone really get that kind of money for a Bronco"?

The answer seems to point to yes. I plugged my Bronco specs into a couple of car buying sites and the offers were 16-19 thousand more than I paid (56-59k, vs. 40k). Even Consumer Reports site did this, which is just bizarre to me as an organization that has dedicated itself for decades on getting people a good deal.

I don't know what I'm trying to say, other than I needed to write this out as a thought. I'm not trying to start an argument on capitalism and free market., it just feels so surreal to see this happening with such a "common" vehicle.
The error in logic here is that this is not a “common” vehicle yet. It will be at some point in the future but it is still pretty uncommon right now.

OP
OP
LoboDelRio

LoboDelRio

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The error in logic here is that this is not a “common” vehicle yet. It will be at some point in the future but it is still pretty uncommon right now.
I know in my head that the Bronco is the new hotness, and prices should come down over time. But seeing the prices rise on everything lately just has my brain confused, I suppose. That's why I posted, I figured some of you would help me sort it out.

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you start paying attention when driving around you’ll notice how many keep wranglers, f150s, Honda pilots, Toyota tacomas, Acura MDX, and explorers are out there compared to the new Bronco. Now, McDonald’s advertising $20/hr starting pay is a whole other story. At least the Bronco prices make sense.
Sponsored