Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MY'23 order conversion has us all optimistic for taking delivery of our steeds. That being said, price protection is great... unless you had to place a separate (2nd) order with another dealer because (orders couldn't be transferred) & your dealer decided to turn greedy and began charging excessive amounts of ADM.

My question is: For those that have already taken delivery at a different dealer (other than dealer with your original reservation), did Ford honor your price protection from your original timestamp/reservation date?

I have sent my new dealer (who is not charging ADM) my original reservation confirmation email and '21 order sheet so that I can lobby Ford to honor my original price protection based upon my original timestamp/order date.

If anyone has been in the same situation, did you request original price protection due to the whole ADM fiasco? What was your result?
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is your original order still active or did the dealer hi-jack / sell it or cancel it?

If still active there should be a private offer attached to it and your name that can possibly be applied to the newer order.

@Beach_Bum may be able to provide more details

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is your original order still active or did the dealer hi-jack / sell it or cancel it?

If still active there should be a private offer attached to it and your name that can possibly be applied to the newer order.

@Beach_Bum may be able to provide more details
So to the OP, the private offer in Smart Vincent isn't tied to a specific reservation/order. The original reservation/order triggers the eligibility and determines the amount of the private offer. But the only criteria is that your name matches the private offer (non-transferable to loved one) and you buy a current MY Bronco. That's it. The new Bronco can be one you ordered as a walk-in customer. It can be an abandoned order at some random dealership that you decide to buy. It can be dealer stock at any dealer.

All that the new dealer has to do (besides their damn job), is to search Smart Vincent for your name. All dealers have access to the same database. It will have a certificate number that can be applied to the sale.

Note: I'm only referring to price protection as it relates to private offers in Smart Vincent. Retail price protection for mid-year price increases is a different program that is often lumped together under the umbrella of price protection.

OP
OP
lil_mule_4x4

lil_mule_4x4

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So to the OP, the private offer in Smart Vincent isn't tied to a specific reservation/order. The original reservation/order triggers the eligibility and determines the amount of the private offer. But the only criteria is that your name matches the private offer (non-transferable to loved one) and you buy a current MY Bronco. That's it. The new Bronco can be one you ordered as a walk-in customer. It can be an abandoned order at some random dealership that you decide to buy. It can be dealer stock at any dealer.

All that the new dealer has to do (besides their damn job), is to search Smart Vincent for your name. All dealers have access to the same database. It will have a certificate number that can be applied to the sale.

Note: I'm only referring to price protection as it relates to private offers in Smart Vincent. Retail price protection for mid-year price increases is a different program that is often lumped together under the umbrella of price protection.
Right now, the original order is still active & needing to be converted or cancelled. I have made major changes to it to prevent them from selling my build to a local person with $10K ADM.

I will contact my new dealer and request he look for my private offer. This could be an additional $1,750. Thanks for your help!

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Right now, the original order is still active & needing to be converted or cancelled. I have made major changes to it to prevent them from selling my build to a local person with $10K ADM.

I will contact my new dealer and request he look for my private offer. This could be an additional $1,750. Thanks for your help!
Just be sure to not cancel the original order. It is what triggers the certificate. The MY'23 certificates have not been loaded into Smart Vincent so any lookup will only show the MY'22 certificate. Because they are MY specific, there will be multiple certificates under your name. At some point the MY'22 certificate will expire, but you know that someone will be taking delivery of a MY'22 in 2023.

OP
OP
lil_mule_4x4

lil_mule_4x4

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just be sure to not cancel the original order. It is what triggers the certificate. The MY'23 certificates have not been loaded into Smart Vincent so any lookup will only show the MY'22 certificate. Because they are MY specific, there will be multiple certificates under your name. At some point the MY'22 certificate will expire, but you know that someone will be taking delivery of a MY'22 in 2023.
Great info there. I will convert the order to MY'23. Problem is that I think that I am now top reservation/order at that dealership, so my build will likely happen quickly. I guess that once it arrives I can tell them that I will not take delivery. This is my way of having Ford penalize the dealer when the order name and purchaser name don't match, its supposed to negatively affect their dealer allocation.🗡🗡🗡 Serves them right for adding $10K ADM. BTW - They just sold their WT mannequin 2 weeks ago. It sat on the lot for sale for 18 months.
Sponsored