Ixr

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm in the same boat. I haven't replaced the pods but I'm looking for more bass.
I'm looking at the subs in a separate box to mount with the amp under the rear seats.

I'd be interested if you went with a 3/400 amp on how you do yours.
one post up.
Sponsored

BAD.LANDS

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Tundra CM, '69 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in the same boat. I haven't replaced the pods but I'm looking for more bass.
I'm looking at the subs in a separate box to mount with the amp under the rear seats.

I'd be interested if you went with a 3/400 amp on how you do yours.
10” hideaway hits harder than I figured. More than adequate bass for the occupants. It’s a good choice if you’re not looking to rattle other people’s windows.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Subjectively, the Kicker Key 200.4 and 46HS10 sub-woofer provide about double the power of the stock system... It gets loud enough to cause hearing damage.

Some clipping can be reduced by adjusting the gain down. I agree that the 46HS10 sub-woofer definitely hits harder than I expected for only having 200 watts.

Last edited:

BroncoBerry

Black Diamond
First Name
Berry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm going to start with the 200.4 (going to use the plug and play kit/ dash mount from mountains2) and see what that does for the speakers that I've upgraded so far.
(Fronts and Kick Panels)

I may do the pods if that doesn't do it for me or the 46HS10

91srpit

Black Diamond
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm about to start installing some of the Alpine type s and type r speakers I bought for my 23' 2 door, non B/0 system. Are bass blockers necessary? I see a lot of people mentioning those.

Thank you.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ixr

Ixr

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm about to start installing some of the Alpine type s and type r speakers I bought for my 23' 2 door, non B/0 system. Are bass blockers necessary? I see a lot of people mentioning those.

Thank you.
I put bass blockers only in the 4" dash speakers. I get bass out of the kick panels and sub.

how necessary they are I dont know tbh as the were widley recommended so i just wired them in when replacing them. The stock speaker had them as well so i dont know what it would sound like without them.

I have no shortage of bass so no complaints about them.

colonelburke

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Gonna do my install in a couple of weekends. Dash, pods, fusion amp and kicker sub to start and see where we go from there. People used to suggest bass blockers but have now seem to have moved away from suggesting them so I dont know if really necessary. I bought them but still unsure. Also, did anyone find an advantage to using polyfill in the rear pods? Thanks for any insight.
Sponsored