Sponsored

Looking for help. Sasquatch wheels and tires swap for Badlands wheel and tires.

MOBroncoSTL

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 MX-5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a set of Badland wheels/tires that I prefer over my sasquatch wheels/tires. I am wondering what I need to consider putting the Badland wheels on my base sasquatch or if it is even wise to do so? I think the negative scrub radius will increase -19mm but not even sure what that means. Would all equal out if I put a 25mm spacer on my wheels to accout for the offset going from 30mm to 55mm? In this application does a wheel spacer seem to be a safe option? What else am I not accounting for?
Sponsored

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you re running the narrower BL tire with those wheels I d think you ll be fine. You ll just have the tire/wheel tucked way inside the SAS flare. Would keep more debris off your rockers and doors 👍

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If installing the stock BL wheels AND tires, no spacer would be needed. However, wheels would appear tucked due to the wider Squatch flares.

If installing the stock BL wheels WITH Squatch tires or other 35's, then yes a 1" spacer would mimic the offset of Squatch wheels and eliminate any potential rubbing.

OP
OP
MOBroncoSTL

MOBroncoSTL

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 MX-5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

ClearanceWheel 1Wheel 2
Suspension" class="_popover no-underline pull-right hint-link" href="https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/#" title="" data-content="
Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}
" style="box-sizing: border-box; color: rgb(190, 62, 29); text-decoration: none; background-color: transparent; outline: 0px; touch-action: manipulation; float: right; width: 20px;">
Assuming that this is OE wheel/tire and there are no any problems with clearance on both sidesTire is 10 mm closer to suspension components. Rim is 19 mm closer to suspension components. Make sure that you have enough room for that. If not, consider lower offset, narrower tires, or using spacers
Here is a comparison, so maybe I just need a 20mm spacer

OP
OP
MOBroncoSTL

MOBroncoSTL

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 MX-5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thank you for the responses. Much appreciated. I will be running 285/70r17 so hopefully you are right @BlueBronco. I would rather not run spacers if not needed. I actually can trade sasqatch fenders with regular fenders so the wheel won't be so tucked.

Sponsored

AZSky

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage, Mach E, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Why are you making the change?

OP
OP
MOBroncoSTL

MOBroncoSTL

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 MX-5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am thinking of making the change for a few reasons. I am selling my base bronco that I had put badland rims on. I am selling the base with the original tires and wheels. I have a sasquatch base that is taking it's place. I do not like the tires on the base sasquatch as much as the Firestone AT 2 tires I have on my Badlands especially since I use the highway daily. I also think it will be easier to sell the newer Sasquatch wheels and tires than the Badland wheels and tires and get better gas mileage as well. Or, I might keep the Sasquatch tires for future off roading. Hope that makes sense?
Sponsored