Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am in the same boat, but leaning towards BB. If I could try out the step in height, my decision would be made. If I can get by without seps, I will probably go BD and stick with the 32" tires size and enjoy the factory sliders, washout interior and upgraded bash plates. If I need steps, I will go BB and find some AM functional rail/steps and underbody armor and enjoy the factory fog lights in the standard bumper. Although B&P still shows BD with the sliders as add on, which is odd to me.
Step in height has to be right around the same as a wrangler. I can’t imagine it being too high in stock form. If anything the BB will be a touch higher because of the taller tires.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We don’t know if this is even something that can be done. So I wouldn’t be buying a vehicle in hopes I can change things later.
With the way the Jeep aftermarket is, i would say better odds than not the bronco market will get there too. They make aftermarket lights for everything else already, just might take a minute for them to catch up.

Drinxxs04

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We don’t know if this is even something that can be done. So I wouldn’t be buying a vehicle in hopes I can change things later.
Blis has nothing to do with it. And if I can change out my 2009 wrangler lights for completely LED I think I can do a 2021

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the way the Jeep aftermarket is, i would say better odds than not the bronco market will get there too. They make aftermarket lights for everything else already, just might take a minute for them to catch up.
Im fully aware what they make. Just saying, I wouldn’t be buying a vehicle with the assumption I can change something I can’t confirm will be available. Will it? Most likely. I just wouldn’t plan on it, that’s all.

Sponsored

FstFrd00

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have two daughters who can be quite messy, then there is me (also can be messy). The ease of being able to clean off the MGV seats or the vinyl floor vs. the cloth and carpet pushed my opinion to the BD.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Blis has nothing to do with it. And if I can change out my 2009 wrangler lights for completely LED I think I can do a 2021
Okay. The point still stands, availability has to exist first. Unless you can confirm availability it’s a moot point. I never said you can’t wire in a driver and some lights, I’m an electrician, I’m fully aware you can wire anything.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP - it's simple. If Biden wins, go with the Big Bend. If Trump win, go with the Black Diamond.
LOL , I have 2 builds and sent them to my dealer . He called and said which one should I plan on ordering ? I said I'd let him know after the election :)

A BB and a WT ..

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Having a hell of a time choosing between the BD & BB.

near identical specs (2.3/7 spd/ rear locker/ mod bumper/brush guard/ rock rails/bikini top and roof rack)

BB has signature lighting, tow package (for recovery points since the BB doesn’t have rear hooks (I THINK?) and the matching grill to the top.

BD has the MGV and washout floors (obvi), upgraded t case, rear tow points, better tires to start with (can be changed later), and the ugly steelies scream functional to me.

I’m ultimately going up to 285/75r17 tires, it’ll be my DD and weekend warrior. I generally prefer functional over fancy, but dammit I’m torn.
I have a 5 y/o that is autistic whos my wheeling buddy every weekend, but he can be extra messy, which leans me towards mgv but not locked in.
Less than $500 difference.

I love smart ass comments, but if you want to be snarky or condescending, save the keystrokes for someone else.
sup bro i think, big bend would be better choice especially the rims compared to the BD, also got a question, I will be having a baby soon and he will be about 6-8 months old by the time i get my bronco, I see you are goig for the 2 door, im having problem deciding between a sasquatch 2 door, or a on sasquatch 4 door since they about the same price.

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My little boy (5 now) has been riding with me since he was born, my wife had a 4 door Jeep, but I’ve always run 2 doors. It can be a hassle getting a seat in at times, but still worth it to me. It’s only the first couple years that it’s a PITA. Lol. He gets in it on his own now and all I have to do is buckle him in.

Sponsored

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't think you'll be happy unless you have the MGV, blue handles, and Velocity Blue buddy! You know you don't want the Big Bend. All you're getting in that trade-off is cloth and optional Signature Lighting.

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My little boy (5 now) has been riding with me since he was born, my wife had a 4 door Jeep, but I’ve always run 2 doors. It can be a hassle getting a seat in at times, but still worth it to me. It’s only the first couple years that it’s a PITA. Lol. He gets in it on his own now and all I have to do is buckle him in.
oh i feel it man, wife got a jetta so that will be the fam car, idk if it will bother me so much having a 2D, especially if taking the wifes car all the time when baby comes along

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a 5 y/o that is autistic whos my wheeling buddy every weekend, but he can be extra messy, which leans me towards mgv but not locked in.
I'm not seriously going to read through these pages to see if it's been said, but will give you my thoughts.

The "bold" text above is what's truly important. Go with the BD. Let your wheeling buddy have just as much fun as you. You can dirty up the outside, while your boy dirties up the inside... You'll cherish those memories more than you will the fancy headlights of the BB (yeah I like those too).

Go have fun!

Drinxxs04

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Okay. The point still stands, availability has to exist first. Unless you can confirm availability it’s a moot point. I never said you can’t wire in a driver and some lights, I’m an electrician, I’m fully aware you can wire anything.
Called patience I can wait.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I truly believe the washout interior is worth the upgrade. You and I both know Michigan weather can be very unpredictable and having an interior that is meant to get wet will be awesome.

I initially started at the Black Diamond because I knew it had 90% of what I would want on it already done, but I couldn't resist the 12" screen so I stepped up to Badlands. And now that I was going up to high package, I might as well get Lux, and so on... This gets out of hand quickly.

I see you're in Whitehall. If you're up for a bit of a drive, head down to Action Water Sports in Hudsonville and take a look at the vinyl in the MasterCrafts. It is so unbelievably nice. If there is a Malibu or Nautique dealer closer to you, those would work too. I guarantee you that will push you into the Black Diamond.
Sponsored