John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here’s one arguments for BD. If you are on a budget like me, the stock BD tires are workable until they wear out, then you can size up. If you go BB with passenger tires and they become take-offs then you are out another 1K on tires right off the bat.
Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same dilemma here! I actually like the sandstone/onyx BB interior best (with Rapid Red paint), but the 4A option is a must-have for me. A la carte on BD, Sasquatch only on BB. If 4A availability changes I may return to BB. If BD gets a tan vinyl interior option (MY22 perhaps?) I'll prolly stay at BD.

Otherwise,
Grilles - I prefer BD but can work with either
Wheels - BD steelies all day. Also going to do the 255/85 tires.
Other - I like the steel bumpers and bash plates, especially shielding the plastic fuel tank

Choices, choices . . .but there's some time to ponder yet.
Where did you see/hear the fuel tank is shielded on BD please?

Toastedtostito

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Having a hell of a time choosing between the BD & BB.

near identical specs (2.3/7 spd/ rear locker/ mod bumper/brush guard/ rock rails/bikini top and roof rack)

BB has signature lighting, tow package (for recovery points since the BB doesn’t have rear hooks (I THINK?) and the matching grill to the top.

BD has the MGV and washout floors (obvi), upgraded t case, rear tow points, better tires to start with (can be changed later), and the ugly steelies scream functional to me.

I’m ultimately going up to 285/75r17 tires, it’ll be my DD and weekend warrior. I generally prefer functional over fancy, but dammit I’m torn.
I have a 5 y/o that is autistic whos my wheeling buddy every weekend, but he can be extra messy, which leans me towards mgv but not locked in.
Less than $500 difference.

I love smart ass comments, but if you want to be snarky or condescending, save the keystrokes for someone else.
I personally am leaning towards BD because of cleanability and the fact that if I don't get it I might kick myself later. The grill you should be able to switch out later hopefully, but ultimately it is your call. Best of luck

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Black diamond ?

I was in a similar bind the other day with build and price and figure if I settled on big bend I’ll curse it as soon as I spill something inside.
My current car has the worst design cup holders ever produced so I’ve had it with spills

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having a hell of a time choosing between the BD & BB.

near identical specs (2.3/7 spd/ rear locker/ mod bumper/brush guard/ rock rails/bikini top and roof rack)

BB has signature lighting, tow package (for recovery points since the BB doesn’t have rear hooks (I THINK?) and the matching grill to the top.

BD has the MGV and washout floors (obvi), upgraded t case, rear tow points, better tires to start with (can be changed later), and the ugly steelies scream functional to me.

I’m ultimately going up to 285/75r17 tires, it’ll be my DD and weekend warrior. I generally prefer functional over fancy, but dammit I’m torn.
I have a 5 y/o that is autistic whos my wheeling buddy every weekend, but he can be extra messy, which leans me towards mgv but not locked in.
Less than $500 difference.

I love smart ass comments, but if you want to be snarky or condescending, save the keystrokes for someone else.
I was in the same boat at the beginning. Started off with BB and tricked it out and did not get wash out floors and MGV. Did the same with BD and it only cost $600 more. Showed the two to the CFO and she said no-brainer on more options for the money. I know this does not fix your issue, but I gave up and decided to go after the 'Mid-Life Crisis'.
Ford Bronco Losing my mind! BB or BD 2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond

Sponsored

FerkinBlonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 KLR 650, 2022 Bronco Base (2dr/7mt/CO)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd go BD just to have access to the advanced transfer case. Plus, who doesn't like the option of having orange :cool: Sounds like you'd be upgrading tires (eventually) if you went the BB route, starting w/the right set of 5 tires could eat up that $500 lead you mention in the original post pretty quickly.

If you weren't as keen on bumper, underbody protection, tires, locker, you could save a bit more w/ BB...

(edit, for different reasons I'm in a similar bind. I'm probably going to go with BD due to the AOD option, it seems like a killer feature)

JH1026

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Yaris, 2016 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Big no on the tail lights.
Pretty sure Bronco Nation answered this question on their Instagram feed and Signature taillights will be offered on the Big Bend even though B&P doesn't specifically state that.

Calypso

Heritage
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Heritage, Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

dejones64,

You have caught me assuming that what I saw at Super Cel East is the BD build specification. I should know better!?
The attached photo is of the bare chassis on display at the meet - there is a plate (indicated in the attached photo) mounted below the fuel tank.
I did not think to get confirmation that the plates were any more real than white interiors, and the only other evidence I can present is the use of the plural 'HD Bash Plates' in the trim by trim specifications on the Bronco lineup page from the Ford website.
By 'plates' I have also assumed that includes all the red things attached to this chassis.
In summary, I do not know fer sure. Bueller? Anyone?

Ford Bronco Losing my mind! BB or BD 1604001508907

Ford Bronco Losing my mind! BB or BD 21_Bronco_lineup_HR_Page_2

Last edited:

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can build out on a BD to make me happy at 39.7K. My BL build is 47.9k

That eight thousand difference makes it an easy choice for me. I can do a LOT with my 8K in savings.

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can build out on a BD to make me happy at 39.7K. My BL build is 47.9k

That eight thousand difference makes it an easy choice for me. I can do a LOT with my 8K in savings.
totally agreed. Both my bb and bd builds come in at nearly identical prices.

Sponsored

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I mean, if you’re just looking for opinions, I’m happy to oblige. Easy call, for the same money the BD is the better choice. MGV is awesome, I like the black grille better than the gray, steelies are rad, and I even prefer the base lights, as they recall the classic look much better. There you go, BD FTW. ?

Calypso

Heritage
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Heritage, Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Rcarpen22, You know, you're right! See y'all in 2022. . .

BTW, that loud cry for joy you hear in early December will be me when Ford announces the tan vinyl interior in 22MY for BD.:geek:

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the feedback guys. A lot of opinions. Some good ones. And even a couple that sound logical! ?

I think I’m leaning hard to the BD, but I’m sure I’ll see something that’ll change my mind tomorrow. ??‍♂ I’ve only got another 6+ weeks to think about it before we order.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the feedback guys. A lot of opinions. Some good ones. And even a couple that sound logical! ?

I think I’m leaning hard to the BD, but I’m sure I’ll see something that’ll change my mind tomorrow. ??‍♂ I’ve only got another 6+ weeks to think about it before we order.
I am in the same boat, but leaning towards BB. If I could try out the step in height, my decision would be made. If I can get by without seps, I will probably go BD and stick with the 32" tires size and enjoy the factory sliders, washout interior and upgraded bash plates. If I need steps, I will go BB and find some AM functional rail/steps and underbody armor and enjoy the factory fog lights in the standard bumper. Although B&P still shows BD with the sliders as add on, which is odd to me.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Replace the lighting aftermarket on the BD...MGV would be the put over the edge.

Lights replaced a lot cheaper than putting money into interior
We don’t know if this is even something that can be done. So I wouldn’t be buying a vehicle in hopes I can change things later.
Sponsored