Sponsored

Low-noise, road-first, all-terrain wheel upgrade for Big Bend - looking for recommendations

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I cast another vote for non-squatch Badlands takeoffs. I am sensitive to road noise and don't mind the KO2s at all. Plus in my opinion stock badlands wheels look pretty good. Bet you can find a complete set of next-to-new tires and rims for around $1200 or so. You won't do tires and rims with any of the other options for anywhere near that.
Sponsored

Bronco56

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Grey Badlands Lux 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi, brand new Bronco owner here: 2.3l Big Bend soft-top, eruption green. Love the looks, but am installing a Black Diamond grill and running boards and am looking to upgrade the rims and tires.

I am looking for something
- wider than the stock 255/75 R17 Bridgestone Dueler
- but not necessarily much taller since I want to avoid having to lift it
- with low noise (road-first / all terrain) characteristics since I likely won't go mudding or rock crawling but hope to discover some New England / Adirondack dirt roads and don't want the road-noise to go up significantly
- that works well in wet and snowy conditions and
- that's better looking than the stock BB rims.

Curious what people here are suggesting since I'm having a hard time getting helpful search results with the above parameters!

Thanks much!

IMG_6105.jpg
Cooper at3 xlt

low noise
Good in wet

here is 305/70r17

Ford Bronco Low-noise, road-first, all-terrain wheel upgrade for Big Bend - looking for recommendations IMG_0845

OP
OP
dvonjan

dvonjan

Big Bend
First Name
Dominik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
All good points - I like the looks of the Black Diamond rims better than the Badlands or Outerbanks. Might look for take offs of those!

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hi, brand new Bronco owner here: 2.3l Big Bend soft-top, eruption green. Love the looks, but am installing a Black Diamond grill and running boards and am looking to upgrade the rims and tires.

- with low noise (road-first / all terrain) characteristics since I likely won't go mudding or rock crawling but hope to discover some New England / Adirondack dirt roads and don't want the road-noise to go up significantly

Curious what people here are suggesting since I'm having a hard time getting helpful search results with the above parameters!

Thanks much!

Ford Bronco Low-noise, road-first, all-terrain wheel upgrade for Big Bend - looking for recommendations IMG_0845
First, any all terrain is going to be louder than your stock bridgestone tires.

That said, I would look at the milder Falken Wildpeak, the firestone destination a/t, and the michelin ltx at/2. Those are all more of a mild all terrain with a stronger tire carcass for off roading.

For a budget option, i'd look for a set of grabber atx take offs from a black diamond in 265/70-17. They will be noticeably louder than highway tires but you should be able to pick up a set of 5 for under a grand.

OP
OP
dvonjan

dvonjan

Big Bend
First Name
Dominik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks, yes, saw someone offer 5 BD rims with Grabbers for 1100 on ebay..

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Cooper AT3 is available in a C load rating. What I'll be using as soon as the stock minivan tires wear out.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks much!

K02s All Terrain

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since you're in New England I'd be wary of some of our recommendations. You need a tire that will perform in Snow, Rain, and Slush. It'd hit up Tire Rack reviews and grab the best snow/rain performance tire in the AT category if I were you.

MAGIA

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I bought Bandlands take off no leveling no lift no issues running KO2s and rides great! I’m looking to put a leveling kit on down the road.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks much!

Ford Bronco Low-noise, road-first, all-terrain wheel upgrade for Big Bend - looking for recommendations IMG_3132
I second what @Pressurized wrote. The "Badlands take-off" wheel is a great upgrade, 17x8x+55, its an inch wider than your stock, so it will add 1/2" in poke or stance to each wheel. Its nice looking.

Regarding tire, I've been using a very quiet, non-aggressive 285/70R17: the Nitto Nomad Grappler, which is their compact SUV tire. But in the 285 size, its beefed up so that its 250# higher load rating per tire than my OBX stock. I've got about 12,000 miles on mine. Its a P tire, so hard core rock crawling, no, but for my highway/beach use, great! I think they're worth your consideration. I had mine installed at my Ford dealer, for warranty and price reasons.

Regarding height, they're barely 32.8" tall, adding 3/5 inch diameter, or less than .4" height overall. Theyre about 2" wider that my OBX stock.

SmartSelect_20230802_222004_Gallery.jpg

20230702_195753.jpg

20230701_083844.jpg

Last edited:

RADRide

Big Bend
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Check out the Ford Performance Bronco website. Might have something you would like. I had these 17x8 Sinister Bronze wheels put on my stock General Grabbers last week. Same +55 offset as the stock 17x7.5 black steelies.

Ford Bronco Low-noise, road-first, all-terrain wheel upgrade for Big Bend - looking for recommendations 20230701_083844
those look great!

OP
OP
dvonjan

dvonjan

Big Bend
First Name
Dominik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Any opinions on Firestone Destination A/T2 and Contimental TerrainConact A/T?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks, yes, saw someone offer 5 BD rims with Grabbers for 1100 on ebay..
I paid about 1/2 that... Just wait for the right deal.

BroncoBish

Badlands
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have ran a few different ones on mine since getting it in 21 - FAVorite one by far is the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT! Second but close was the Falken Wildpeak AT3W. Currently I have the YOKO GEOLANDER XAT on and they are good but have alittle more road noise than I like. Also have done TOYO, and NITTOs.

Next I am going back to the Mickeys for sure!

**Also only changed due to changing overall tire size and availabilty at the time. Plus wanted to test ones that I had on other vehicle - Once plus is my other vehicles have same bolt pattern. My other half like to play musical wheels/tires sometime :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
Sponsored