Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond 2013 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Got around to installing the lumen trailer wiring kit today and got to the plugs in the drivers upper fender. I already have a brown and a blue wire in the factory plug where I’m supposed to insert the new wires from the kit. Am I supposed to remove the two wires in positions 8 and 12 and use the wires in the lumen kit?
Ford Bronco Lumen Trailer Wiring Question IMG_0364
Sponsored

Stickman

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome to see you digging into this. I also have a ‘23 and it’s on my list. I received my harness back in November and thought I’d install it in the spring. Well… It’s spring. 🫣
You’ll have to let us know how it goes.
I’m assuming it’s the Lumen 4/7 pin harness. Are you going to the dealership to have the tow system programmed or do you feel comfortable with that?

OP
OP

AzureBandit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Awesome to see you digging into this. I also have a ‘23 and it’s on my list. I received my harness back in November and thought I’d install it in the spring. Well… It’s spring. 🫣
You’ll have to let us know how it goes.
I’m assuming it’s the Lumen 4/7 pin harness. Are you going to the dealership to have the tow system programmed or do you feel comfortable with that?
Yeah I’m installing the Lumen 4/7 from ford. The install has been pretty easy so far. I have everything done except the wiring in my original post. I’ll probably be programming myself. As long as I have the ability to revert to original programming then anything I can potentially mess up is no big deal.

Sponsored

Stickman

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I found this! Maybe it will help if you’re still in a jam. Mr. Toad does a great job of breaking things down. 😉 Cheers!

OP
OP

AzureBandit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I found this! Maybe it will help if you’re still in a jam. Mr. Toad does a great job of breaking things down. 😉 Cheers!
yeah it’s a great video! Watched though it last night. Unfortunately he doesn’t run into my issue as his plug only came with 2 existing wires and mine came with 4.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah it’s a 23. Sorry, forgot to include that helpful info in the post!
Updated instructions attached for the 2023 folks. Wiring is slightly different.

EDIT-- Actually attached it this time. :sneaky:

Attachments

Last edited:

Stickman

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got around to installing the lumen trailer wiring kit today and got to the plugs in the drivers upper fender. I already have a brown and a blue wire in the factory plug where I’m supposed to insert the new wires from the kit. Am I supposed to remove the two wires in positions 8 and 12 and use the wires in the lumen kit?
Ford Bronco Lumen Trailer Wiring Question IMG_0364
Ford Bronco Lumen Trailer Wiring Question IMG_0628

You’ve probably already figured it out, but this looks like what you’re describing. Just pull 8 and 12 out and tape them back. Thanks RagnarKon!
Sponsored