First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'll have to look into that. There's so many duplicate threads it's hard to read them all. I would assume that there's a switch by the brake pedal that you would tap into for that universal wire signal.... Unless they've gotten so advanced now that they just read off the pressure of the master cylinder and don't even need a switch on the pedal anymore.
There are modules included in the factory tow option that aren't there without. Thats whats needed.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There are modules included in the factory tow option that aren't there without. Thats whats needed.

I found the post. Took me a while and I had to use the laptop instead of the phone so I can open up multiple tabs.

I don't have a link at the moment, but it was the thread about how Kurt released a 4-pin wiring harness.

There's one of our members, Blue something, that was successfully able to add a seven pin wiring harness, but the last post I saw he hadn't actually hooked up a brake controller.

It was identified that the blue wire is actually partially installed I think under the hood but doesn't come into the cab.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I found the post. Took me a while and I had to use the laptop instead of the phone so I can open up multiple tabs.

I don't have a link at the moment, but it was the thread about how Kurt released a 4-pin wiring harness.

There's one of our members, Blue something, that was successfully able to add a seven pin wiring harness, but the last post I saw he hadn't actually hooked up a brake controller.

It was identified that the blue wire is actually partially installed I think under the hood but doesn't come into the cab.
I am getting ready to install a 7-pin (aftermarket part) today or tomorrow and plan to use the wires from my dealer installed 4-pin to feed it's connections. I am not installing a brake controller (yet) but will attempt to install the positive wire to the 7 pin that the 4-pin also requires. I will post how it goes.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs