Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello all,

I have a question; it is normal that wireless charger gets phone hot?
I have an iPhone 14 pro, and installed the charger last weekend, I been testing this and every time I check the phone is hot.

Any recommendations? I tested without case.

If you think this will cause phone damage I can remove it, just want to see if is normal.

@Mabett
Sponsored

Alassise

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is normal. I have not purchased this item yet (I will once back on stock) but using the factory usb one while running CarPlay and google maps makes the phone very hot (apple 12) to the point that it will shutdown on long trips. I also have an Atlas and it does the same.

OP
OP
Maximilian

Maximilian

Outer Banks
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It is normal. I have not purchased this item yet (I will once back on stock) but using the factory usb one while running CarPlay and google maps makes the phone very hot (apple 12) to the point that it will shutdown on long trips. I also have an Atlas and it does the same.
Thank you for confirming, just want to make sure phone is not issue.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They have somehow, years ago figured out a way to charge toothbrushes wirelessly and not get hot. No idea why phones do unless it’s just the physics in play with the amount of current used. Can’t be good for the phones.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have the charger and when I had my galaxy s10 it would get warm (I also run AA constantly). I upgraded to an s23 and it was ok for a bit then it had a few times where the phone would give a warning and stop charging. It hasnt done that inawhile but it does seem to be hotter than normal ssometimes.

Sponsored

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello all,

I have an iPhone 14 pro, and installed the charger last weekend, I been testing this and every time I check the phone is hot.

If you think this will cause phone damage I can remove it, just want to see if is normal.

@Mabett
It is normal for INEFFICIENT wireless chargers to get phones hot yes. Iphones can only "accept" the wireless charging waves under the "magsafe" charging circle, any waves directed outside of that circle don't do anything to help charge the phone. Not all phones that accept wireless charge however have a charging area in this exact place, or don't have the magnetic ability like magsafe to attach in an exact area. Thus charging pads have a much larger area to blast wireless power through in order to accept a range of different device charging areas, device sizes, and shapes. This is great for the sake of compatibility across all devices, however is VERY inefficient.

Having your phone get hot, which in turn gets the phone battery hot, is the worst thing you can do for phone longevity. Heat kills batteries and the wireless waves being randomly blasted across the scale of the pad is whats heating up your phone. I personally don't use universal wireless charging pads in the car or at home for this exact reason. Wireless charging that allows my iphone to be attached via. the magsafe circle however works great.

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The ford charger doesn't work, my dealer couldn't fix it, I ended up replacing it with one like the mabet one and yes the phone gets hot.

Mabett

Black Diamond
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hello all,

@Mabett
You can directly send me PM if you have any problems.
Sponsored