Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My current setup using:

1. Sticker fab pic rail with phone mount V2 $55
Sticker fab pic rail mount

2. ESR HaloLock charger from Amazon $35
ESR HaloLock Magnetic Wireless charger

Ford Bronco Phone Mount Wireless Charging IMG_0709.JPG

The ESR charger there is a screw that holds the ball knuckle to the clip that mounts to your vent. Removed the screw and shaved down (with a Dremel) the knuckle ball mount to fit in the small circle of the Stickerfab riser. Used the double sided adhesive that comes with the Stickerfab mount.

Ford Bronco Phone Mount Wireless Charging IMG_0732.JPEG

Then simply hid the charging wire extra under the pic rail

Ford Bronco Phone Mount Wireless Charging IMG_0728.JPEG

Magnets are strong and the face ID works from the drivers seat.
Sponsored

DoubleADuster

Black Diamond
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Ford Thunderbird
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My bronco is in the driveway, I think the photo just blew my Mind that there is a charging port up in the dash like that? I need to go look to believe.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My bronco is in the driveway, I think the photo just blew my Mind that there is a charging port up in the dash like that? I need to go look to believe.
Only if you have the lux or B&o sounds setup.

Last edited:

jbacchi70

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, 1968 Plymouth Road Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I did something similar. It works perfectly!

IMG-7102.jpg

mhtucker78

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

*obligatory "probably been answered in another thread," but can you confirm those dash usb ports are power only and will not work for wired carplay/android auto. Which usb's do work?

Nice rig btw. Dreaming up solutions to convert my current Anker magsafe charger to my non-existent Bronco. Currently have it jerry rigged into a satachi CD drive holder vs the vent clips it came with.

Sponsored

BroncoScott

Outer Banks
First Name
Duston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Wrapped Lifted Shoes
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

*obligatory "probably been answered in another thread," but can you confirm those dash usb ports are power only and will not work for wired carplay/android auto. Which usb's do work?

Nice rig btw. Dreaming up solutions to convert my current Anker magsafe charger to my non-existent Bronco. Currently have it jerry rigged into a satachi CD drive holder vs the vent clips it came with.
What would be the benefit of wired carplay/android auto when wireless works well?

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Bronco Badlands (SAS)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Legit question; there are so many threads about dash phone mounts, why? With Wireless Carplay\android + bluetooth or USB connection, you can see all alerts on your screen or have it read to you. There is also navigation built in.

I definitely get the wireless charging aspect, if you don't have Lux... but people with Lux are even adding a wireless charger up on the dash.

What am I missing?

OP
OP
wesk1318

wesk1318

Outer Banks
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Legit question; there are so many threads about dash phone mounts, why? With Wireless Carplay\android + bluetooth or USB connection, you can see all alerts on your screen or have it read to you. There is also navigation built in.

I definitely get the wireless charging aspect, if you don't have Lux... but people with Lux are even adding a wireless charger up on the dash.

What am I missing?
Not all messages alert you through the sync system. Teams, outlook, Gchat for example. If I have the phone on a mount that is close to my driving line of sight but not in the way I can see when I get a message.

Not having a wire to plug in is great too, wireless carplay is the way to go. If I need to grab my phone to type out an email reply no restrictions.

BroncoScott

Outer Banks
First Name
Duston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Wrapped Lifted Shoes
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What am I missing?
YouTube.

I feel shame.

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Bronco Badlands (SAS)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not all messages alert you through the sync system. Teams, outlook, Gchat for example. If I have the phone on a mount that is close to my driving line of sight but not in the way I can see when I get a message.

Not having a wire to plug in is great too, wireless carplay is the way to go. If I need to grab my phone to type out an email reply no restrictions.
Thanks, makes more sense now per that usage. I have taken teams calls, but not on video. I just put it back on the wireless charger and used the cars speakers.

I saw there was WebEx app built in, but I couldn't find a Teams one. That would be kinda baller to take a Teams meeting on the screen.

Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Has anyone seen a picitany phone mount anywhere other than a 3d printed one? Or a pic mount with a ball head?

mhtucker78

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What would be the benefit of wired carplay/android auto when wireless works well?
When wireless doesn't work well... Seen a few posts about wireless charging, and wireless Carplay being sketchy.

FWIW Apple's Carplay is kind of pedantic compared to just using the phone screen. The available information is weak, the map works like ish; just using the Phone screen is much better IMHO.

But, it's all about having options.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How about that it doesn't work well. After fighting it for 3 months, I turned it off in the settings and now only hook up my Android phone with a USB C to USB C cord. Has worked flawless ever since. I got so tired of periodically getting disconnected; but worse yet, I had several apps that would not pull in data thru 3G/cellular network when connected to the wireless system. I tried multiple times to correct this (following help online) to have them bypass wifi networks using 3G. Sometimes it worked for a bit but other times it didn't. Maybe this is where Apple would work better (and I am no Apple fan). For now, I will keep my phone wired for charging, connecting to android auto, and will use a handy magnet as a phone holder which is much better than using arms.
Sponsored