Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Legit question; there are so many threads about dash phone mounts, why? With Wireless Carplay\android + bluetooth or USB connection, you can see all alerts on your screen or have it read to you. There is also navigation built in.

I definitely get the wireless charging aspect, if you don't have Lux... but people with Lux are even adding a wireless charger up on the dash.

What am I missing?
I use several apps that do not get pulled in thru Android Auto, including one that works with my radar detector that I keep up most of the time. Thus need both! Plus, I still have to use my phone for some of the controls that really should be done thru Android Auto, such as going to the home menu in my podcast app.
Sponsored

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My current setup using:

1. Sticker fab pic rail with phone mount V2 $55
Sticker fab pic rail mount

2. ESR HaloLock charger from Amazon $35
ESR HaloLock Magnetic Wireless charger

IMG_0709.JPG

The ESR charger there is a screw that holds the ball knuckle to the clip that mounts to your vent. Removed the screw and shaved down (with a Dremel) the knuckle ball mount to fit in the small circle of the Stickerfab riser. Used the double sided adhesive that comes with the Stickerfab mount.

IMG_0732.JPEG

Then simply hid the charging wire extra under the pic rail

IMG_0728.JPEG

Magnets are strong and the face ID works from the drivers seat.
This is the first wireless charger/magnet mount I have seen. Not bad. If I could get wireless to work like it should this would be the route I would take too!

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Bronco Badlands (SAS)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How about that it doesn't work well. After fighting it for 3 months, I turned it off in the settings and now only hook up my Android phone with a USB C to USB C cord. Has worked flawless ever since. I got so tired of periodically getting disconnected; but worse yet, I had several apps that would not pull in data thru 3G/cellular network when connected to the wireless system. I tried multiple times to correct this (following help online) to have them bypass wifi networks using 3G. Sometimes it worked for a bit but other times it didn't. Maybe this is where Apple would work better (and I am no Apple fan). For now, I will keep my phone wired for charging, connecting to android auto, and will use a handy magnet as a phone holder which is much better than using arms.
Not sure if you're aware, but all major carriers are actively shutting down 3G networks and plan on having them terminated in the next 90 days. You might want to get a new phone.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Legit question; there are so many threads about dash phone mounts, why? With Wireless Carplay\android + bluetooth or USB connection, you can see all alerts on your screen or have it read to you. There is also navigation built in.

I definitely get the wireless charging aspect, if you don't have Lux... but people with Lux are even adding a wireless charger up on the dash.

What am I missing?
Your missing the fact the lux wireless charger is garbage and useless.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agreed it doesn’t do a whole lot, I don’t have my main phone connected to my Bronco and even still it takes forever to charge. I’ve been looking into changing it out. It just bolts into the tray, I want to try and see if I can get something with more power to fit in that spot. Not sure if I could keep the oem factors (there’s some CAN stuff in the charger) but regardless would be nice to have more power.

Sponsored

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Bronco Badlands (SAS)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would say mine works the same as every other wireless charger I've had. I've never had one that wasn't finicky about positioning and slow AF.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would say mine works the same as every other wireless charger I've had. I've never had one that wasn't finicky about positioning and slow AF.
Mine is a POS. My phone sits nice and snug in the charging spot, but will inexplicably stop charging after a few minutes. There is no movement of the phone, so there is no reason for the charger to simply crap out.

I added this to my Bronco.

Ford Bronco Phone Mount Wireless Charging 5DB7BC97-34FA-4440-9225-1CA914F8E1DB

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Mine is a POS. My phone sits nice and snug in the charging spot, but will inexplicably stop charging after a few minutes. There is no movement of the phone, so there is no reason for the charger to simply crap out.

I added this to my Bronco.

5DB7BC97-34FA-4440-9225-1CA914F8E1DB.jpeg
Ya its garbage. You can be parked with it perfectly placed and the thing will stop charging. If you leave it on there after it stops, it will get hot AF sometimes.

Agreed it doesn’t do a whole lot, I don’t have my main phone connected to my Bronco and even still it takes forever to charge. I’ve been looking into changing it out. It just bolts into the tray, I want to try and see if I can get something with more power to fit in that spot. Not sure if I could keep the oem factors (there’s some CAN stuff in the charger) but regardless would be nice to have more power.
Have you seen this thread? I have all the parts, just waiting on someone to finish 3D printing the plate we will need to replace the OEM charger.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...harger-install-in-factory-location-diy.32069/

Well you've had some really garbage chargers if they all work the same as the Broncos. There are ones that actually work great out there.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ya its garbage. You can be parked with it perfectly placed and the thing will stop charging. If you leave it on there after it stops, it will get hot AF sometimes.

Have you seen this thread? I have all the parts, just waiting on someone to finish 3D printing the plate we will need to replace the OEM charger.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...harger-install-in-factory-location-diy.32069/

Well you've had some really garbage chargers if they all work the same as the Broncos. There are ones that actually work great out there.
Oh wow that’s really neat. A full bypass does seem very efficient. I wonder if @Mabett could design this? Even if it’s just a clone of the regular plate and then cut to fit the charger of choice by the user

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Oh wow that’s really neat. A full bypass does seem very efficient. I wonder if @Mabett could design this? Even if it’s just a clone of the regular plate and then cut to fit the charger of choice by the user
@2Jeeps&PatriotX1 was working, or going to work, on the plate we need. :)

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if you're aware, but all major carriers are actively shutting down 3G networks and plan on having them terminated in the next 90 days. You might want to get a new phone.
I am just use to referring to it as 3G. My phone picks up 5G sorry I confused that but for me that's not the issue.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

mikeobrien123

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What am I missing?
Don't know about everyone else, but im streaming music from my phone on Tidal and it cuts out alot in the wireless down low.. i end up setting the phone on the dash to get signal, so looking for dash mount/charger

Ocbroncobecky

Big Bend
First Name
Rebecca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For manual transmission models, I have my engineering class fabricating prototypes to replace the blank plate with a backlit wireless charger. I posted on my IG @Ocbroncobecky
Sponsored