Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I obviously don’t know much about Corvettes due to the fact that I made a comment about factory delivery and was promptly schooled, but I do know that you can’t get a manual Corvette now.........and the taillights suck..........but other than that, it’s pretty nice.
Lol and mine is happily a 7 speed manual. Vettes deserve to have their own gears rowed!
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I mean you could say that about ABS brakes and traction control too. Doesn’t mean we shouldn’t add the tech.

At the end of the day a lot of these points are pretty big “what ifs.” We trust our technology to a pretty damn high degree, especially in cars. The idea that my steering could go out or my brakes stop working just aren’t even considerations because it’s such an extreme rarity. But it could happen... it’s just not something we worry about. Worrying about automatic emergency braking not working when you need it most is just hard to calculate the odds of and to me really not worth worrying about.
It's not like people turing in front of you or slamming on their brakes as they were not paying attention is some ultra rare occurrence, it actually is pretty common.

long_road

Big Bend
First Name
TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202? 4dr CG Big Bend 2.3 7MT (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a manual Honda Accord with all those safety features - automatic braking, lane keep assist, adaptive cruise, etc. No reason all this safety technology can't work with a manual. If it has to automatically brake you down to the point that you stall out while in gear, so what? You'd be at a stop by that point anyway. I don't see why a manual prevents having any of the latest safety tech. I guess the argument is more that manual take rate is too low to make it worth it to most manufacturers to test/implement their safety tech with a manual...

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

good point, maybe I should have framed not as 'more reliable', but instead as 'broke less often'

VW is still stuffing manual into the GTI and golf R, as well. yet Audi won't even put them in anything with an S in the model.

I'm still confused why you would say broke less often. Are you saying because, on a manual, some of the clutch components?

KEM IA

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No more tech! Just kidding ;) my wife wouldn't like having a base Bronco. But just thinking having a all that safety features, government regulatory stuff, and what ever add on's I don't really need are taken out and sold. That plain jane Bronco would be maybe 1/2 the price.

Sponsored

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The referenced article is click-bait. All conjecture and guesswork. Oh....like this forum.

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't see how so much tech could be mandatory for every new car on the US. It makes the vehicle more expensive and could eventually mean more electronic failures later down the road. Plus it eliminates your choices if you do not want such fancy features.
#savethemanuals, folks!!!

-SG

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More safety features does not make the world “scary” to me.

Seatbelts, airbags, crumple zones, ABS, evasive steering systems, brake pre-load… bring it on.

From a public health stand point they’ve prevented countless needless deaths.
bud you should be scared of any “platform” if you don’t get it..then do some investigating.

Tesla can already turn your car off, can take away options when someone buys a used Tesla etc etc.

platforms are “control” and one day you may be the controlled

i can go on and on..but hey I don’t want to get banned from “this” platform

rtsherry73

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
"Thus, it seems that at least for now, Ford is willing to invest in adapting the latest safety tech to manual transmissions, which is great news for those that prefer to do their own shifting while behind the wheel."
Fewer and fewer MT available in ANYTHING...Ferrari, Porsche, BMW, Aston Martin, Corvette, Alfa, etc etc. If Ford can manage to keep MT, that makes it a USP...Unique Selling Proposition. Business schools tell you: Look for a USP. THANK GOD FOR FARLEY.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

bud you should be scared of any “platform” if you don’t get it..then do some investigating.

Tesla can already turn your car off, can take away options when someone buys a used Tesla etc etc.

platforms are “control” and one day you may be the controlled

i can go on and on..but hey I don’t want to get banned from “this” platform
Platforms!!
Ford Bronco "Manual Transmission Could Be Forced Into Retirement" 12774-TinFoilHat-May-Move02_800x

Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol. I'm a software developer, I doubt there's much you could tell me about "platforms". Try getting out of your cave more
being A software developer doesn’t mean crap...I’m not sure why you think what you do makes a difference to anyone ? ..only people who have an inferiority complex talk about what they do for a living.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

being A software developer doesn’t mean crap...I’m not sure why you think what you do makes a difference to any one ? ..only people who have an inferiority complex talk about what they do for a living.
I mentioned it because I work with and build..... Platforms...and everything you say is true they're all out to get you. Run before it's too la....

Last edited: