Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
40 MIC a day is ridiculous. No way that can be right. For any mass production vehicles that isn't enough to meet demand. And how can the manufacturer stay in business, cover over head and pay it's employees only making 40 a day. That can't be right.
Just guessing here, but when the government will give you as much money to sit at home, then you can make working for it, this is what will happen. Our shop runs at about 65% capacity, simply because we can't get people to work for us, and some of the ones that do, rarely show up.
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Unfortunately the bottleneck is going to be Webasto producing MIC tops. Currently they can only produce up to 40 in a day and that’s only on a good day 😆.
You conveniently forgot that with MAP shut down 2 weeks, that gets about 560 additional tops made while Ford is idle.

That should make a huge difference in the 200,000 something Bronco orders.

I figure if Venus is in retrograde and they bring in a few extra drunken engineers they can get production all the way up to 42 or even 43 units a day in no time!

Td66

Wildtrak
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 runner, 2 Mazda 3s
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Never missed a day of work since Covid. No virtue signaling here, my wife never missed a day either. In fact, many of the people I worked with at the hospital, were required to show up for work. Funny how, when it comes to the general public's health; health care professionals always step up to the plate. I hope this Covid mess continues to decrease and we can all return to a somewhat reasonably-average life style. I do expect, like an old person, sitting down happens faster than getting up. Ramping up production of all consumer products will take an extended amount of time, but I do suggest the alternative to waiting for the cure was much worse!

Lashedup

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think we have a couple of folks from the plant. They can't report or publicly comment on those things that are confidential, but they occasionally comment or clarify on the rumors. To be fair to Webasto, I don't think anyone is able to hire or ramp much right now. They are offering $17+$3 Covid pay right now and can't hire to fill spots.
Hiring and training plus the ongoing plastics/resin shortage.

Good news is the plastics and steel shortage should correct itself sooner than later. The chip shortage is more of a problem as building new manufacturing facilities is both expensive and time consuming.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's because the Gov is paying people so much to sit home no one wants to work, we have the same issue out here. Hundreds of jobs paying $17-21 an hour going unfilled because people are making that much at home.
I don't pretend to know the answer to this, so it's a genuine question. Does this enhanced unemployment count towards one's social security earnings record? If it does not, then a lot of people are potentially missing out on something that may or may not happen in the future. ;) ;)

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
190k reservations, 67% conversion rate. 127k converted orders. 75% take rate on hardtop on the 4 door, and 2 doors are all hard tops, lets say 90% of all broncos have a hard top. Thats 114k tops. 40 MICs a day, 22 working days, 880/mo. Not bad...not bad...only 10 years and 8 months to complete the roll out.

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do you guys realize there are starving dying people in the world, and all you can cry about is where is your $60k Bronco? You will get it when it’s time. Ford will build as many as they can. Chill, relax, and enjoy the ride. Most importantly, stop complaining!
Just playing devil's advocate here, but:

Maybe you might be missing their posts about starving dying people in the world @ starvingdyingpeople6G.com or thestarvingdyingpeoplenation.com???

I mean, did you check? Might be?

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never missed a day of work since Covid. No virtue signaling here, my wife never missed a day either. In fact, many of the people I worked with at the hospital, were required to show up for work. Funny how, when it comes to the general public's health; health care professionals always step up to the plate. I hope this Covid mess continues to decrease and we can all return to a somewhat reasonably-average life style. I do expect, like an old person, sitting down happens faster than getting up. Ramping up production of all consumer products will take an extended amount of time, but I do suggest the alternative to waiting for the cure was much worse!
Same here. I work at a nuclear plant in operations. Haven't missed a day due to sickness even when 18 people on my shift had COVID. I'm sure I probably had it but no symptoms, just kept wearing my mask and sweatin my ass off.

Sponsored

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately the bottleneck is going to be Webasto producing MIC tops. Currently they can only produce up to 40 in a day and that’s only on a good day 😆.
Any insight as to their production estimates, ramp up, mod tops, timeline….?

Td66

Wildtrak
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 runner, 2 Mazda 3s
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Same here. I work at a nuclear plant in operations. Haven't missed a day due to sickness even when 18 people on my shift had COVID. I'm sure I probably had it but no symptoms, just kept wearing my mask and sweatin my ass off.
Thank you for your service, as you are an essential worker!

Smheard

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Raptor, ‘21 Macan S, ‘22 Big Bend, '21 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

40 a day, 5 day work week, gives us 35 days to get the FE's done. After all it is all about immediate gratification, right?

Smheard

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Raptor, ‘21 Macan S, ‘22 Big Bend, '21 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Not sure how this is going to help. The issue is the lack of MIC tops from Webasto. Adding workers won’t help if the Ford plant doesn’t have the tops to install from their supplier.
Ford Bronco MAP Rumored to Add a Third Production Shift in Q4 1620771353498

They are a Reliable Partner!!!!!
Ford Bronco MAP Rumored to Add a Third Production Shift in Q4 1620771353498

RogueAce70

Wildtrak
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Exactly, but the last time I brought that fact up, it was deleted. Why can't we address one of the many elephants in the room?
I think it would be best if we kept politics & policies out of these type of forums. Nothing constructive will become of it!!
Sponsored