R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the response. I just ordered the bumper and was thinking about a fair lead camera relocation mount. I want to use a front plate mount there also, so I hope they don’t interfere with each other. I’m planning on mounting a SB gen3 winch, looks to have a smaller profile
I tried the fairlead camera relocation bracket. The bracket is ugly and I didn't find a way to hide the camera cable/hose, but the view of forward obstacles is improved.

Maxlider camera view:
Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper IMG_1026.JPG

Maxlider w/JCR camera bracket:
Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper IMG_1030.JPG

Cones show visible ground area with relocation bracket:
Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper IMG_1039.JPG
Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper IMG_1034.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tried the fairlead camera relocation bracket. The bracket is ugly and I didn't find a way to hide the camera cable/hose, but the view of forward obstacles is improved.

Maxlider camera view:

I can live with that combo, did you say earlier you tried the fair lead plate mount also?

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can live with that combo, did you say earlier you tried the fair lead plate mount also?
I haven't tried the JCR plate mount. I would like to see it.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maxlider camera view:

Man this is exactly the kind of pictures I was hoping to see. Thanks. Did you also try to use the camera view without the bracket but relocate the winch controller module?

Clearly the view is unobstructed by relocating the camera but you lose a little field of view. Just trying to figure out what the better compromise is.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you also try to use the camera view without the bracket but relocate the winch controller module?
No. I think the bumper would still obstruct the ground view more than I wanted. I also didn't want an exposed spool.

Sponsored

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No. I think the bumper would still obstruct the ground view more than I wanted. I also didn't want an exposed spool.
Copy, that's what it looks like from the pictures you posted, but just thought I'd ask.

Shinoko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2) The hardware provided to attach the bumper is weak. You may need to buy some better mounting hardware if you are using a winch.

1645567498858.png
Thanks for posting this.

After a real hectic winter, I'm just now getting around to installing mine and I have to admit, this is really disappointing. For a bumper that ultimately cost me $4500, they should have provided a more adequate mounting solution that doesn't require grinding the original plate down or purchasing alternate hardware. They also recommend nutserting that lower vent panel to access the winch, which I feel similarly should have been done from the start rather than creating a chicken and egg problem with installing the winch.

Similarly, their video entirely glosses over this portion of the installation, they skip over bolting it on entirely. I understand they recommend professional installation, but I am fairly confident most shops I'd have do this would just use the clips. They also completely skip over the ACC sensor despite it being installed on the vehicle they were working on.

Not a great look for one of the most expensive bumpers on the market. I like the way it sits on the car and positions the winch, but I think some of these small details should have been better thought out and executed.

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Bronco is scheduled to be built on 6/14 so of course I have not installed the bumper (nor have I received it from Maxlider yet). Was hoping there would be more Bronco owners posting pictures with this bumper installed by now. So guys, if you have this bumper please post some pictures!

Shinoko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I"m just now getting around to installing the skid plate. Another step they skipped entirely in their video...

Instead of bolting to the original two locations, the skid plate mounts to two bolts that seem to have a really high torque spec. I couldn't get them to budge and I can't tell what the are holding up. I plan on bracing the area underneath with a jack to be sure nothing weird happens, but does anyone have the torque spec on these bolts?

IMG_8321.JPG

NoloBronco

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maxlider camera view:
IMG_1026.JPG

IMG_1030.JPG

IMG_1039.JPG
IMG_1034.JPG
Bumper looks great. Can I please get pic from the front and close up from the front showing the alignment of the bumper extensions with the SAS fender?

Last edited:

Sponsored

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for posting pictures! Questions, how long have you had it? and did you install it yourself? I ordered one back in April and the latest update may be August 16th when ready to ship, ugh!

BroncoAW

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Fx4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for posting pictures! Questions, how long have you had it? and did you install it yourself? I ordered one back in April and the latest update may be August 16th when ready to ship, ugh!
I have had it on the Bronco for a couple weeks now. Due to me traveling a lot lately I had someone else do the install. It definitely took the full 14 weeks and some change for me to get it in and I ordered it mid December of last year

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had it on the Bronco for a couple weeks now. Due to me traveling a lot lately I had someone else do the install. It definitely took the full 14 weeks and some change for me to get it in and I ordered it mid December of last year
Thanks, it sure looks good on your Badlands! Anyone ordering these now can expect a 16+ week wait.

GloNDark

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco Ranger & 2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Maybe I'll do full writeup on install tips later, but there are two critical issues that you should be aware of.

1) The lower vent panel was attached with lock nuts. This doesn't work, since you need to remove this panel to install the winch. I read one review where somebody installed the bumper with the winch already attached! You will need to tap 5/16" holes and replace the bolts, or add 1/4"-20 u-nuts:

Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper CFF319E7-68DF-47F6-B2CC-2800332E5D78

The Hillman Group 58452 1/4-20-Inch Regular Extruded U-Nut, 20-Pack

2) The hardware provided to attach the bumper is weak. You may need to buy some better mounting hardware if you are using a winch.

Ford modular bumper is M12 class 10.9. ADD-provided hardware is a sheet metal u-nut.

You can use a bench grinder to modify the factory nut bracket to fit inside the maxlider bumper, or just use M12-1.75 class 10 flange nuts with M12-1.75 35mm 10.9 flange bolt with extra-thick 12mmx37mm washer. Note that the factory M12 bolts are too long. Flare nuts are easily accessible with combination wrench (but not socket) before installing the winch. Torque M12 bolts to 80ft-lb.

Hard-to-Find Fastener 014973124663 Flange Bolts, 12mm-1.75 x 35mm, Piece-3 (need 2)
Hard-to-Find Fastener 014973448387 Fender Washers, 12mm x 37mm, Piece-8
(8) M12-1.75 Hex Flange Prevailing Torque Top Lock Nuts Class 10 Phos & Oil

3) Not a critical issue, but the ACC sensor will not fit in the bumper with a Warn Zeon 12 winch. So you may need a radiator-mount bracket. Also, be aware that the ACC sensor is ugly, so you might want it hidden behind the radiator grille anyway. I ordered the DV8 bracket, which is similar to the ADD bracket. The BAMF bracket appears to block too much of the radiator.

------

If ADD sees this: maybe source a M12 class 10 flange u-nut for your winch bumpers?
Thanks for putting this together. I just got my bumper today and ordered the upgraded bolts per your suggestion. 🍻
Sponsored