R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone got photos of this bumper installed with SAS fenders?
I will be installing mine soon. I'll also post tech specs including approach angle and ride height changes with stock sasquatch, and later with 37's. It looks like the crash bar covers will need to be trimmed or omitted for 37's.
Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Wow. People are really forking over $3400 for a bare bumper?

Ridiculous. Some of ya'll have too much money. This thing is so massively overpriced it's not even funny.

Rudolphba

Wildtrak
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus 300h
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow. People are really forking over $3400 for a bare bumper?

Ridiculous. Some of ya'll have too much money. This thing is so massively overpriced it's not even funny.
DV8 bumper for 1/3 of that price and looks great

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just about the worst pictures ever but it is something.Hey,
20220217_194017.jpg
20220217_193949.jpg
20220217_193935.jpg
Hey, that's perfect for what i was looking for. Is the that a Badlands winch from Harbor Freight?
Badland Apex 12,000 lb. Winch with Synthetic Rope and Wireless Remote
That's what I will be doing. I like the lower intake vent for the aftermarket intercooler and the a skid plate blocking the frt. side frame (not sure what they are called - crash bars?).

How was the install (sensors, lights, winch)? Any issues or lessons learned?

Thanks, keep the shiny side up....

Matthew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Bronco, 77 Bronco, 04 F150, 15 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey, that's perfect for what i was looking for. Is the that a Badlands winch from Harbor Freight?
Badland Apex 12,000 lb. Winch with Synthetic Rope and Wireless Remote
That's what I will be doing. I like the lower intake vent for the aftermarket intercooler and the a skid plate blocking the frt. side frame (not sure what they are called - crash bars?).

How was the install (sensors, lights, winch)? Any issues or lessons learned?

Thanks, keep the shiny side up....
Yes that is the same winch. The covers over the crash bars really do clean up the look. I will try to get some better pictures once I clean the ice off of her.

The install really wasn't that bad. I have very large hands, so fitting the lights inside the bumper was the most difficult part.

For me, I had to trim every one of the plastic buckets for the parking sensors to get them to fit. The new bumper was not keyed to match them at all, and the new bumper is thicker. Once I did that they popped right in.

The ACC relocation was easy enough once I saw what they intended. I had to ask someone at Maxlider for some direction there. Had to unwrap the wiring harness that went to the ACC module to free up the wires to reroute them, then trim the lower "ear" on the ACC sensor itself to get it to sit in the front pocket.

I have been running it for about two months now though and I love it. The control box on the winch does get into the camera view, but now I don't even notice it.

Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes that is the same winch. The covers over the crash bars really do clean up the look. I will try to get some better pictures once I clean the ice off of her.

The install really wasn't that bad. I have very large hands, so fitting the lights inside the bumper was the most difficult part.

For me, I had to trim every one of the plastic buckets for the parking sensors to get them to fit. The new bumper was not keyed to match them at all, and the new bumper is thicker. Once I did that they popped right in.

The ACC relocation was easy enough once I saw what they intended. I had to ask someone at Maxlider for some direction there. Had to unwrap the wiring harness that went to the ACC module to free up the wires to reroute them, then trim the lower "ear" on the ACC sensor itself to get it to sit in the front pocket.

I have been running it for about two months now though and I love it. The control box on the winch does get into the camera view, but now I don't even notice it.
Great!!! Yeah, when the weather warms up for us, we might even have a clean truck... Thank you!

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe I'll do full writeup on install tips later, but there are two critical issues that you should be aware of.

1) The lower vent panel was attached with lock nuts. This doesn't work, since you need to remove this panel to install the winch. I read one review where somebody installed the bumper with the winch already attached! You will need to tap 5/16" holes and replace the bolts, or add 1/4"-20 u-nuts:

Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper IMG_0829.JPG
Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper IMG_0832.JPG

The Hillman Group 58452 1/4-20-Inch Regular Extruded U-Nut, 20-Pack

2) The hardware provided to attach the bumper is weak. You may need to buy some better mounting hardware if you are using a winch.

Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper 1645567498858

Ford modular bumper is M12 class 10.9. ADD-provided hardware is a sheet metal u-nut.
Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper IMG_0811.JPG

You can use a bench grinder to modify the factory nut bracket to fit inside the maxlider bumper, or just use M12-1.75 class 10 flange nuts with M12-1.75 35mm 10.9 flange bolt with extra-thick 12mmx37mm washer. Note that the factory M12 bolts are too long. Flare nuts are easily accessible with combination wrench (but not socket) before installing the winch. Torque M12 bolts to 80ft-lb.
Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper IMG_0826.JPG

Hard-to-Find Fastener 014973124663 Flange Bolts, 12mm-1.75 x 35mm, Piece-3 (need 2)
Hard-to-Find Fastener 014973448387 Fender Washers, 12mm x 37mm, Piece-8
(8) M12-1.75 Hex Flange Prevailing Torque Top Lock Nuts Class 10 Phos & Oil

3) Not a critical issue, but the ACC sensor will not fit in the bumper with a Warn Zeon 12 winch. So you may need a radiator-mount bracket. Also, be aware that the ACC sensor is ugly, so you might want it hidden behind the radiator grille anyway. I ordered the DV8 bracket, which is similar to the ADD bracket. The BAMF bracket appears to block too much of the radiator.

------

If ADD sees this: maybe source a M12 class 10 flange u-nut for your winch bumpers?
Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper 1645568194820

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tips for fitment of 37" tires with Maxlider bumper

1) Use 17x8.5+12 wheels or equivalent (sasquatch wheels with 20mm or 0.75" spacer work great). Note that +0 offset wheels don't have good clearance at compression. With +0 wheels at full compression (tire almost touching body sheet metal), there is minimal margin with front bumper (3mm), and significant rub issues at rear of front inner fender well that would need to be fixed with reduced articulation bump stops. Factory rock rails are also an issue with +0. With +12 offset wheels, KM3's, and BDS 1.5degree UCA, I see 7mm of margin to bumper, 5mm of margin to SORB gusset, and plenty of fender well clearance. I upgraded my rock rails, so I don't know what the rail clearance is with +12 wheels. Note that the front lugs have only 8 turns, so I don't believe it is safe to use a spacer smaller than 0.75" with the factory wheels.
2) The maxlider crash bar covers (and tip of crashbar mounts on frame) will need to be trimmed for tires to clear. See example template below.
3) The maxlider bumper and bash is a little lighter than the HD modular bumper and steel bash. With the winch, 180lb of tools in cargo trunk and 100-150lbs of rock sliders, my front ride height dropped 1/4" and rear dropped 1/2" (2dr sas).
4) Around half of the approach angle loss can be recovered with 37's and 2-3 inch lift.

Attachments

Last edited:

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, the weather has warmed up, surely someone has decent pictures installed on a SAS Bronco and camera views by now! This is the best looking setup by far!

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, the weather has warmed up, surely someone has decent pictures installed on a SAS Bronco and camera views by now! This is the best looking setup by far!
The camera view is mediocre. With stock bumper, you can see the ground ~9" in front of the grille. With maxlider, you can see the ground ~30-40" in front of the grille. The winch is large in the 360-degree view.
I am going to try mounting the camera on the fairlead instead. I have the parts, but have been busy with other stuff.

Sponsored

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The camera view is mediocre. With stock bumper, you can see the ground ~9" in front of the grille. With maxlider, you can see the ground ~30-40" in front of the grille. The winch is large in the 360-degree view.
I am going to try mounting the camera on the fairlead instead. I have the parts, but have been busy with other stuff.
Thanks for the response. I just ordered the bumper and was thinking about a fair lead camera relocation mount. I want to use a front plate mount there also, so I hope they don’t interfere with each other. I’m planning on mounting a SB gen3 winch, looks to have a smaller profile

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the response. I just ordered the bumper and was thinking about a fair lead camera relocation mount. I want to use a front plate mount there also, so I hope they don’t interfere with each other. I’m planning on mounting a SB gen3 winch, looks to have a smaller profile
The license plate is a dilemma. I tried a few fairlead mounts, but didn't like any of them. The plate stuck out like a sore thumb. For now, I have it mounted to the grille.
Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper IMG_1024.JPG
Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper IMG_1019.JPG
Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper IMG_1018.JPG
Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper IMG_1028.JPG

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it too much to ask to get legitimate pictures from @Maxlider Brothers Customs? Do they even want to sell these things?

Also, from the pic posted above it looks like the camera view is significantly impeded. Why not develop a camera relocation bracket.

BroncoAW

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Fx4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finally got mine in today, what would y’all say to how long it took you to get it installed.

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They put out a 3 part install video.