R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was an incredibly challenging bumper to design to accommodate the winch placement so it didn’t block intercooler airflow and the front facing camera. On top of that, the crash bar skid plates, placement for the Adaptive Cruise Control module and bumper sensors also required a lot of attention. We also made it modular so you can set the same bumper up about 10 different ways.

Lastly, but most importantly… IT IS MADE IN AMERICA!

ADD designers told us they had never spent more time on ANY one product in the history of the company. We are Bronco people solving Bronco problems…. We have been doing that since 1966.
Just got a call from a freight company to schedule a delivery from Addictive Desert Designs. Looks like the Maxlider bumper deliveries are ahead of schedule, which is a nice surprise. Unfortunately, my Bronco delivery is a month behind schedule...
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hope those ends are removable, otherwise it’s a mall crawler bumper. not to hate on mall crawlers.… to each his own, but I need a rock crawl option.
We don't have rocks in FL. Does that make mine a mall crawler since I have no desire to drive 1 mph over a rock? :rolleyes: To each his own, but rocks are not the only thing present outside.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got a call from a freight company to schedule a delivery from Addictive Desert Designs. Looks like the Maxlider bumper deliveries are ahead of schedule, which is a nice surprise. Unfortunately, my Bronco delivery is a month behind schedule...
I am hoping there is a Maxlider bumper in this huge box, and not something I need to bury...

Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper IMG_0524.JPG

Matthew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Bronco, 77 Bronco, 04 F150, 15 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am hoping there is a Maxlider bumper in this huge box, and not something I need to bury...

That is quite the box! I just got the call to schedule my delivery/meetup, apparently the driver looked up my address, saw I was at the end of a dead end one lane road and doesn't want to even try bringing it to my house :-(

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here's the images cropped together. Does the middle top of the bumper look like a protective/security cover for the winch's control unit to you guys?
I like very much!!!👍👍 Will you have a nonwench version? Matching skid plates? Thanks....

Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like very much!!!👍👍 Will you have a nonwench version? Matching skid plates? Thanks....
They come with a removable cover plate over the winch holes, but I would probably go with a smaller bumper if not using a winch. It comes with aluminum bash plate (painted black) and plates for the crash bars (removable if not wanted). There appears to be good airflow for intercooler, and supports LUX package (ACC, park sensors, and camera).

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They come with a removable cover plate over the winch holes, but I would probably go with a smaller bumper if not using a winch. It comes with aluminum bash plate (painted black) and plates for the crash bars (removable if not wanted). There appears to be good airflow for intercooler, and supports LUX package (ACC, park sensors, and camera).
Very nice! That ticks all the boxes and yes I would want to go smaller (no winch) if it would become an option.

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Still waiting for a pictuee of the camera view,
Anyone....
Bueller,
Bueller,
Bueller......

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Crack it open! Lets see!
I am not sure which you were hoping for, but it was the bumper and a lot of air. :)

The shipping company was very rough on it and obviously dropped it. Luckily, there was no damage to any of the parts I am planning to use (only winch cover plate and decorative end cap were worn).

Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper IMG_0530.JPG

Optional aluminum parts. End-cap logo, winch cover plate, and thick crash bar covers. They came attached to the bumper. I might use the crash bar covers, but may need to modify for 37's (not sure).
Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper IMG_0548.JPG

Skid plate. Painted thick aluminum. I don't know yet if you can use the badlands bash plate instead.
Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper IMG_0547.JPG
Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper IMG_0553.JPG

There is plenty of intercooler air flow. The screen can be removed if you want more.
Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper IMG_0558.JPG
Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper IMG_0560.JPG

Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper IMG_0561.JPG
Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper IMG_0554.JPG

Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper IMG_0559.JPG

Bumper mounts to frame with 3 bolts per side. 6 large bolts were supplied, but I don't know if they are used here or for the skid plate (apparently some of the factory bolts are reused).
Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper IMG_0557.JPG
Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper IMG_0570.JPG

ACC sensor mounting slot and brackets. I think they gave me 2 sets.
Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper IMG_0556.JPG
Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper IMG_0545.JPG

The visionX 6" light bar mounts here, but I didn't receive the lights. Maybe they ship separately? There are cutouts for front parking sensors (no plugs are provided).
Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper IMG_0555.JPG

Some measurements. Winch depth and overall height. See above for frame bolts.
Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper IMG_0568.JPG
Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper IMG_0569.JPG

If you are planning to mount a license plate on front, it can't stick out beyond the fairlead if you have ACC. 60 degree spec is met, if measured at center point of sensor (hopefully OK). Based on Ford's drawing, it may be more favorable to mount it in the passenger side slot.
Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper IMG_0566.JPG

I'm considering these options for front license plate (Rough Country RS138, RS124). Plate must be mounted above fairlead for offroad clearance. I suppose you could flip the RS124 model from down on street and up (or removed) for offroad.
Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper 1639950986744
Ford Bronco Maxlider Front Bumper 1639951056704

Overall, I am pleased with the bumper so far. My Bronco is supposed to be built on Jan 3 so hopefully it won't be too long before I can install it! Unless someone beats me to it, I will post camera view, approach angle, ride height, and license mounting later.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am not sure which you were hoping for, but it was the bumper and a lot of air. :)

The shipping company was very rough on it and obviously dropped it. Luckily, there was no damage to any of the parts I am planning to use (only winch cover plate and decorative end cap were worn).

Optional aluminum parts. End-cap logo, winch cover plate, and thick crash bar covers. They came attached to the bumper. I might use the crash bar covers, but may need to modify for 37's (not sure).

Skid plate. Painted thick aluminum. I don't know yet if you can use the badlands bash plate instead.

There is plenty of intercooler air flow. The screen can be removed if you want more.

Bumper mounts to frame with 3 bolts per side. 6 large bolts were supplied, but I don't know if they are used here or for the skid plate (apparently some of the factory bolts are reused).

ACC sensor mounting slot and brackets. I think they gave me 2 sets.

The visionX 6" light bar mounts here, but I didn't receive the lights. Maybe they ship separately? There are cutouts for front parking sensors (no plugs are provided).

Some measurements. Winch depth and overall height. See above for frame bolts.

If you are planning to mount a license plate on front, it can't stick out beyond the fairlead if you have ACC. 60 degree spec is met, if measured at center point of sensor (hopefully OK). Based on Ford's drawing, it may be more favorable to mount it in the passenger side slot.

I'm considering these options for front license plate (Rough Country RS138, RS124). Plate must be mounted above fairlead for offroad clearance. I suppose you could flip the RS124 model from down on street and up (or removed) for offroad.

Overall, I am pleased with the bumper so far. My Bronco is supposed to be built on Jan 3 so hopefully it won't be too long before I can install it! Unless someone beats me to it, I will post camera view, approach angle, ride height, and license mounting later.
I was wondering if you would be willing to upload or send the documents that came with the bumper? I am really close to pulling the trigger to get one myself. I just wish there was more info out there, especially a view from the camera.... Also, what winch do you plan to use?

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was wondering if you would be willing to upload or send the documents that came with the bumper? I am really close to pulling the trigger to get one myself. I just wish there was more info out there, especially a view from the camera.... Also, what winch do you plan to use?
There were no instructions in the box, but I was their first web order and they may have something planned. I think they are out of the office until after Christmas.

Zeon 12. Most people prefer synthetic now, but I went with steel cable and cast iron hawse fairlead. The 12 is overkill, but gives better line rates and same physical size as 10.

Matthew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Bronco, 77 Bronco, 04 F150, 15 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine is being delivered either today or tomorrow now. Hopefully I can get it installed some time in the next week or so.
Sponsored