Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recently sold my home in AZ for double what I paid in 2017, but I haven’t paid off my Bronco yet because it’s on a 1.99% loan for 60 months. I’m shopping for a home but don’t need anything right away as I have a place to live, so I’m waiting for the prices to drop. I have a vin for a Lightning Pro as my new work truck, I’m planning to just write a check for that since rates have gone up. Navy Federal is still showing 2.49% for 60 months.

I’m keeping my eyes on the used boat market. I’m thinking there may be some deals this fall when people don’t want to pay the marina to winterize them after not using them much this summer with the high gas prices.
Watch for boats in MN. Once people start getting low on cash, stuff like that gets dumped quickly
Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For me, the big draw of "order it how you want it" is that I could spec out the most basic stripped down truck I possibly could.

Sure, I took the Aux switches at $195, and added $295 for Rapid (now HP) red, but I still barely broke $30k.

I get a feeling a lot of folks took the opertunity to tart them up with expensive gee-gaws that add a lot of cost but don't make it drive better.
Many chose High and Lux packages which was a surprise to me. I couldn’t justify the price diff from a mid that had everything I needed and wanted.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Many chose High and Lux packages which was a surprise to me. I couldn’t justify the price diff from a mid that had everything I needed and wanted.
$2795 for High vs $1495 for Mid was a no brainer for me at the Badlands level. The 12” screen and 360 cameras alone were worth $1300, those things would be impossible to add for anywhere near that money. If Black Diamond had the mid package in a manual I might’ve gone that route, I need my heated seats. If the Lux came with power seats I would’ve spent the extra $2300. I was concerned the adaptive cruise control wouldn’t work great with the manual so I skipped Lux.

I was either a $30K Base or a $47K Badlands high buyer for 2022, I was on the fence for my 2022 order after Ford told me I would be 2022 for my first day reservation. I was seeing a bunch of Base trucks getting delivered and figured I could save about $12K net buying the Base with upfitter switches, mod bumper, then adding new wheels/tires. 6 weeks later I got a vin for my 2021 order Badlands high order. I’m happy to have the M210 axle, dual lockers, MGV interior, tow and high package. I do love the idea of a Base for saving some coin and getting the essentials.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

$2795 for High vs $1495 for Mid was a no brainer for me at the Badlands level. The 12” screen and 360 cameras alone were worth $1300, those things would be impossible to add for anywhere near that money. If Black Diamond had the mid package in a manual I might’ve gone that route, I need my heated seats. If the Lux came with power seats I would’ve spent the extra $2300. I was concerned the adaptive cruise control wouldn’t work great with the manual so I skipped Lux.

I was either a $30K Base or a $47K Badlands high buyer for 2022, I was on the fence for my 2022 order after Ford told me I would be 2022 for my first day reservation. I was seeing a bunch of Base trucks getting delivered and figured I could save about $12K net buying the Base with upfitter switches, mod bumper, then adding new wheels/tires. 6 weeks later I got a vin for my 2021 order Badlands high order. I’m happy to have the M210 axle, dual lockers, MGV interior, tow and high package. I do love the idea of a Base for saving some coin and getting the essentials.
With these packages they do a good job of getting folks to continually bump to the next level. Cameras and a big screen wasn’t on my must have list, although cameras would be nice to have.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, because things may explode soon... Cars, houses, everything... I am considering waiting and passing on my 2 orders (January 22 and February 22) because of interest rates and gas.

Rather try once shit hits the fan so I can score a good deal. On this vehicle and a property. I really "want" a Bronco, don't need it at all, so not going to spend stupid money for it.

What helps is Ford's cluster fuck of a launch... 😂

Turns out they did me a favor.
Smart, that's how I ended up affording my F355. The 2008 bubble burst and even in 2012 things were not pretty in the market. I had been hoping to be able to afford a Ferrari 308 one day, but in 2012, the F355's were down near 50k. It was really hard for me to actually pay more for my Bronco than I did for a 6-speed F355 Spider.... but I am glad that I did pull the trigger on both of them. Your time will come and if you don't get one today, I am sure that you will get one later and at a better rate too.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ya, unfortunately, commuting 700 miles every weekend, adaptive cruise was practically a must have for me. Otherwise, my Bronco would have been more than $10k less.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recently sold my home in AZ for double what I paid in 2017, but I haven’t paid off my Bronco yet because it’s on a 1.99% loan for 60 months. I’m shopping for a home but don’t need anything right away as I have a place to live, so I’m waiting for the prices to drop. I have a vin for a Lightning Pro as my new work truck, I’m planning to just write a check for that since rates have gone up. Navy Federal is still showing 2.49% for 60 months.

I’m keeping my eyes on the used boat market. I’m thinking there may be some deals this fall when people don’t want to pay the marina to winterize them after not using them much this summer with the high gas prices.
Im doing the same thing for a retirement home. New Bronco paid off, owe very little on my wife's new Explorer we got two weeks ago, house paid off, no kids.....show me some houses in a cold climate to retire to. Im sick of this oppressive ass heat in TN.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
It lasted longer than I thought possible. I honestly thought that the bubble was going to pop closer to September 2021 when the additional unemployment incentives ended.
I am dumbfounded on how people have survived this long without money. Minimum wage jobs are paying twice what the minimum was plus offering healthcare and education and nobody wants to work.

I lost my job in March 2021, I have zero debt, own my house outright plus a rental property, all vehicles paid off, and could probably retire at 47 (in a South American country, don't have US retirement money!) and the three weeks it took me to find a new job were really stressful.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ya, unfortunately, commuting 700 miles every weekend, adaptive cruise was practically a must have for me. Otherwise, my Bronco would have been more than $10k less.
At 700 miles every weekend it seems like the math would pencil out to have a commuter car and keep the Bronco as a toy. 35K miles per year on the Bronco at 18 mpg is 1944 gallons of gas, or close to $10K at today’s price. To each their own.

I used to commute a lot. Once I got my annual mileage down to 20K from 60K I decided to sell my diesel truck and my Passat TDI commuter and go to driving a F-150 Raptor full time. I liked my other vehicles, but I decided I wanted smiles per gallon more than miles per gallon.

Sponsored

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At 700 miles every weekend it seems like the math would pencil out to have a commuter car and keep the Bronco as a toy. 35K miles per year on the Bronco at 18 mpg is 1944 gallons of gas, or close to $10K at today’s price. To each their own.

I used to commute a lot. Once I got my annual mileage down to 20K from 60K I decided to sell my diesel truck and my Passat TDI commuter and go to driving a F-150 Raptor full time. I liked my other vehicles, but I decided I wanted smiles per gallon more than miles per gallon.
I'm kicking around buying a small EV as my 3 month old Bronco has 7500mi on it already. I work at a nuclear plant and we have a crapload of charging stations that run right off our switchyard to a transformer and we can charge for free.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm kicking around buying a small EV as my 3 month old Bronco has 7500mi on it already. I work at a nuclear plant and we have a crapload of charging stations that run right off our switchyard to a transformer and we can charge for free.
I would 100% buy a small EV if I worked at a nuke plant. The Bolt is around $30K right now, but no federal incentives since they have sold more than 200K units. I’ll be able to charge my Lightning on the company dime at the offices since it’ll be my work truck.

Cooldude

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes e400 cab, edge titanium, ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don’t think this will make much of a difference. Those broncos will still be built.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I may be one of these people lol. Affording the bronco is not an issue. We took my wife’s on vacation last week as mine had to go in for a front differential issue (not fixed yet). At less than 16 mpg over 1500 miles I dont need two bronco’s. I was hoping to get at least 17 on the freeway with hers. While we had fun did some off roading I’m thinking of swapping mine out for a better road trip vehicle and have only one toy. It was comfortable just lousy on fuel and not really enough space for 4 people and luggage for a week.
Sponsored