Sponsored

Will dealer allocations push some early reservation holders to 23?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is why Ford needs to clarify this issue. I believe allocations will be needed and used for the dealers.
Allocation is *always* a thing.... it's how Ford squares their production capacity with how many units each dealership gets.

Basically,

Total Production / Number of Dealers = Dealer Allocation

Then,

Dealer Allocation - Retail Orders = Dealer Stock

In MY21, Bronco production was less than retail demand, so allocation formula worked as the way of determining which retail orders would receive a MY21 unit, the rest receiving theirs after the MY22 change over happens.

In MY22, for all we know (and I personally suspect), production will be more than retail demand, so allocation will be the way of determining how many of the additional stock units each dealership will receive.

Basically:

MY21 Allocation = 1/3 of Retail Orders
MY22 Allocation = Retail orders + X Stock Units

::EDIT::

I just wanted to say that this is all a gross generalization of what allocationā€™s job is. It isnā€™t literally or strictly Capacity / Number of dealersā€¦ the formula is designed to create a ratio of production to dealer size/retail ordersā€¦ so specific dealer allocation would scale accordingly.

A dealership that sells 10 cars a year will get 1 allocated unit while another that sells 100 would get 10ā€¦ if that makes sense.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
this is madness

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There will be an extraordinarily small number of people who have yet to walk into a dealership to place an order, find out the wait time, and decide to go through with it.
You are probably right about this. However when large dealers with allocations beyond their order book are able to tell customers "We can get you one in 6-8 weeks" new orders should improve.
Ford has promised "No stock orders before reservations are filled". Would that still hold when, let's say Grangers book exceeds 2022 allocation, another dealer fills all orders with allocations remaining. This situation is bound to happen next year. Does Ford build stock? Assume orders are buildable.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If allocations are similar I could actually not fall into allocations next year Due to ford not filling any of their orders from this year. My reservation is from early am 7/14. I have a 2 dr on order.
Unfortunately, the frustrations will continue big time next year. Ford failed to deliver the reservations made in the first 15 minutes for MY21 and it wasn't entirely due to commodity issues. Ford will continue to ensure dealer satisfaction at the expense of individual reservations holders. Ford will continue to keep customers in the dark as much as they can get away with. That is their business model and it is not changing anytime soon, so it is best not to take Ford's abuse personally.

I don't think Ford is even embarrassed that they failed to deliver all reservations made in the first few minutes as MY21, and Ford is certainly not obligated in any way to be fair to customers. I think Ford chose to build out the FEs to claim a small achievement in an otherwise failed launch, although that was accomplished by screwing over a lot of earlier 2dr BL/WT reservation holders.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are probably right about this. However when large dealers with allocations beyond their order book are able to tell customers "We can get you one in 6-8 weeks" new orders should improve.
Ford has promised "No stock orders before reservations are filled". Would that still hold when, let's say Grangers book exceeds 2022 allocation, another dealer fills all orders with allocations remaining. This situation is bound to happen next year. Does Ford build stock? Assume orders are buildable.
Why is that situation bound to happen?

We donā€™t have any evidence that will be the case.

Is it possible that retail orders could again exceed production capacity? Sure. But I havenā€™t seen any evidence to suggest that it will (yet, as of this post, because we all know how much things have changed since day 1).

:)

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So if your in line at a bakery for blueberry (thatā€™s all they sell) donuts. The bakery has 20 blueberry donuts for the day, there are 30 people in line. They open 10 mins early and let 10 people in from across the street they each buy a blueberry donut. No one got screwed?
Exactly... unless you were number 11-20 in line, and 21-30 were never going to get a donut anyway.

And remember, the 10 people from across the street let in early were people whom you wanted to curry favor with (so they are special).

In reality, with priority orders the numbers are more like 1-3 priority orders (with 30-100 allocations). Assuming 3% of people MIGHT get special treatment, I don't have a big problem with that.

The bakery doesn't care, they sold all their donuts... No downside for them, and the flour supplier definitely doesn't care either.

Last edited:

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Who did you receive the email from?
Directly from Ford. It still really, really sucks with a 7/14 reservation to have to order again and be pushed out to 2022/2023.

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Why is that situation bound to happen?

We donā€™t have any evidence that will be the case.

Is it possible that retail orders could again exceed production capacity? Sure. But I havenā€™t seen any evidence to suggest that it will (yet, as of this post, because we all know how much things have changed since day 1).

:)
It's good we have some optimism here on the forum. Helps us frustrated buyers hang in there.

#Hopinandfindout

Wildtrak
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep / Audi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Switch dealers to improve your odds?
thought the same thing.... after my personal experience with somebody ordering the exact same Bronco as me 14 months after my initial reservation and they already have a build date and VIN number... I thought about putting in a WHOLE new order with his dealer and seeing which one comes in first...

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thought the same thing.... after my personal experience with somebody ordering the exact same Bronco as me 14 months after my initial reservation and they already have a build date and VIN number... I thought about putting in a WHOLE new order with his dealer and seeing which one comes in first...
I did it too. Let's see :)

Sponsored

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
They have fewer, but they have fewer orders too. Let's see :)
Well then they have better access to allocation. It's all about how many orders they have compared to their # of allocated spots. Crossing my fingers for you.
Hopefully available commodities and their allocation matches up for you so your order gets pulled.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
7/14 4am here...if I get bumped to a 2023 I'm just going to buy something else that isn't a Ford.

#Hopinandfindout

Wildtrak
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep / Audi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs