Sponsored

MBRP. AWE. Ford Performance. 2.3 EXHAUST THOUGHTS/Help/Reviews ?

EndlessAdvnture

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Autobahn GTI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am going with the Ford Performance Calibration Tune. HOWEVER, I have been researching, listening, watching, hemming and hawing over which single tip exhaust is the best BANG for my buck?? (Ford is dual).

I have read through some of the forums saying that the bronco is never gonna sound amazing so why spend the money on exhaust. I have read how much better the 2.3 sounds with a new exhaust. I don't want to cheap out but sometimes paying less is not being cheap it is just what is needed. So much out there that it almost has me like a deer in headlights.

Ford - Most expensive but stays with the brand
AWE - Seemingly good sound from the video's not to whinny but sounds good as you start up and get after it, I like the option of the brash guard.
MBRP - CHEAPEST, worried that it may be a louder sound whinny and droney because it costs less.

I would think that these options are also a bit lighter than the OEM exhaust right now. ANY input or thoughts or reviews on the above products is appreciated.

@LethalPerformance
@pandamotorworks
@Middleton_Sasquatch
Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am going with the Ford Performance Calibration Tune. HOWEVER, I have been researching, listening, watching, hemming and hawing over which single tip exhaust is the best BANG for my buck?? (Ford is dual).

I have read through some of the forums saying that the bronco is never gonna sound amazing so why spend the money on exhaust. I have read how much better the 2.3 sounds with a new exhaust. I don't want to cheap out but sometimes paying less is not being cheap it is just what is needed. So much out there that it almost has me like a deer in headlights.

Ford - Most expensive but stays with the brand
AWE - Seemingly good sound from the video's not to whinny but sounds good as you start up and get after it, I like the option of the brash guard.
MBRP - CHEAPEST, worried that it may be a louder sound whinny and droney because it costs less.

I would think that these options are also a bit lighter than the OEM exhaust right now. ANY input or thoughts or reviews on the above products is appreciated.

@LethalPerformance
@pandamotorworks
@Middleton_Sasquatch
First off I'll disclose that our Bronco is a 2.7L. So all of the testing we've done on the 10 systems we've installed I base my opinion off of what we actually installed and tested.
With that said from what I've seen/heard in videos most of the exhaust tones with aftermarket exhausts sound very close to one another from the 2.7L to the 2.3L. Meaning the AWE system for the 2.3L in my opinion sounds very similar to their system for the 2.7L. Same goes for the other brand exhausts you mentioned. This is because the style of mufflers each manufacturer uses is similar for each engine platform.

I will say that my favorite sounding exhausts so far are from Corsa and AWE. I also liked the MRT trail rated system a lot. It's difficult to make an ecoboost sound really good but some of the companies I mentioned are known to have great sounding systems for them. The thing is that these Broncos don't really have any exhaust tone from the factory so anything that you add will be an improvement. Just finding the tone you want is most important. Corsa and AWE definitely wake things up over most of the others I've tried so those would be my recommendations.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with in the meantime. We've got sales on most of the brands you mentioned for Black Friday and we'd love to earn your business.

Thanks!

OP
OP
EndlessAdvnture

EndlessAdvnture

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Autobahn GTI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
First off I'll disclose that our Bronco is a 2.7L. So all of the testing we've done on the 10 systems we've installed I base my opinion off of what we actually installed and tested.
With that said from what I've seen/heard in videos most of the exhaust tones with aftermarket exhausts sound very close to one another from the 2.7L to the 2.3L. Meaning the AWE system for the 2.3L in my opinion sounds very similar to their system for the 2.7L. Same goes for the other brand exhausts you mentioned. This is because the style of mufflers each manufacturer uses is similar for each engine platform.

I will say that my favorite sounding exhausts so far are from Corsa and AWE. I also liked the MRT trail rated system a lot. It's difficult to make an ecoboost sound really good but some of the companies I mentioned are known to have great sounding systems for them. The thing is that these Broncos don't really have any exhaust tone from the factory so anything that you add will be an improvement. Just finding the tone you want is most important. Corsa and AWE definitely wake things up over most of the others I've tried so those would be my recommendations.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with in the meantime. We've got sales on most of the brands you mentioned for Black Friday and we'd love to earn your business.

Thanks!
WOW, Thanks for the quick reply! That Corsa sounds really good in your 2.7, so cruising not much drone just really more sound when you punch it? That is when I want the more throat.

Also, I would assume the Corsa is lighter than the OEM?

Does the Corsa Single Side come with the Black tip as well?

I think you may have sold me on one that was not in the running but on your website it on sale as well which points me in that direction most likely.

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
WOW, Thanks for the quick reply! That Corsa sounds really good in your 2.7, so cruising not much drone just really more sound when you punch it? That is when I want the more throat.

Also, I would assume the Corsa is lighter than the OEM?

Does the Corsa Single Side come with the Black tip as well?

I think you may have sold me on one that was not in the running but on your website it on sale as well which points me in that direction most likely.
My pleasure! So a few weeks ago I took the bronco down to Key West. It's a 4 hour drive from here. Half of which is on the turnpike where speeds are from 60-80mph. The rest of the drive can be anywhere from 25-50mph with slower speeds in traffic. The Corsa system has ZERO drone at any of these speeds.

I didn't weigh each system but being that the muffler used on the Corsa system much smaller than the factory one I believe it would be lighter than the factory system.

As far as their systems go they are only offered in a dual exit setup or a turndown setup. The dual tips are offered in black or polished. The turndown setup doesn't have a tip so if you're really concerned about having visible tips the dual tip system it what I'd recommend.
https://www.lethalperformance.com/s...bronco/exhaust/catback-systems/corsa?limit=18
21207_a_lowres.jpg

21208bpc_a_lowres.jpg

The other option which is also a very good one would be to use the AWE single tip setup. Another great sounding system and #2 on my list of best sounding systems for the bronco. Here's a link to them.
https://www.lethalperformance.com/s.../ford-2021-bronco/exhaust/catback-systems/awe
emfiwiiq.png

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
EndlessAdvnture

EndlessAdvnture

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Autobahn GTI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My pleasure! So a few weeks ago I took the bronco down to Key West. It's a 4 hour drive from here. Half of which is on the turnpike where speeds are from 60-80mph. The rest of the drive can be anywhere from 25-50mph with slower speeds in traffic. The Corsa system has ZERO drone at any of these speeds.

I didn't weigh each system but being that the muffler used on the Corsa system much smaller than the factory one I believe it would be lighter than the factory system.

As far as their systems go they are only offered in a dual exit setup or a turndown setup. The dual tips are offered in black or polished. The turndown setup doesn't have a tip so if you're really concerned about having visible tips the dual tip system it what I'd recommend.
https://www.lethalperformance.com/s...bronco/exhaust/catback-systems/corsa?limit=18
Ford Bronco MBRP. AWE. Ford Performance. 2.3 EXHAUST THOUGHTS/Help/Reviews ? emfiwiiq

Ford Bronco MBRP. AWE. Ford Performance. 2.3 EXHAUST THOUGHTS/Help/Reviews ? emfiwiiq

The other option which is also a very good one would be to use the AWE single tip setup. Another great sounding system and #2 on my list of best sounding systems for the bronco. Here's a link to them.
https://www.lethalperformance.com/s.../ford-2021-bronco/exhaust/catback-systems/awe

Thanks!
Can you buy a black tip for the single back exhaust?

Skeener801

Black Diamond
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302, 2022 Bronco 2.3, auto, soft top.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have the AWE system on mine, 2.3, and it sounds great (as much as a 4 cylinder can) without being annoying or having drone. Looks really clean, I went with the black tips, and AWE comes with a "bash pipe" to easily swap out for if you go off roading. Install was easy and all the hardware was included. The packaging was also spot on.

OP
OP
EndlessAdvnture

EndlessAdvnture

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Autobahn GTI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Thanks!
Another Thought with the Corsa, so with no "fancy" tip it just has the look of a normal or the OEM exhaust then? Just clarifying.

OP
OP
EndlessAdvnture

EndlessAdvnture

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Autobahn GTI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm leaning towards the corsa one based on lethal's blue 2.7. However, I can speak highly of MBRP. Even though they are priced low, their quality is great and I loved their exhaust on my Power Wagon.
Do you think the Corsa is worth the $200 more? The thing leaning me toward Corsa now is the no drone during typical driving. I am not expecting a V8 throat out of a four cylinder just a little better sound and performance. just want the best bang for the buck.

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Can you buy a black tip for the single back exhaust?
For the Corsa turndown system? If so I don't think you'll be able to run a tip on it. The rear part of the turndown system doesn't go all the way back to the bumper. Also since it's angled down if you added a tip it with aim down way too much and most likely get torn off if you go over anything elevated like a speed bump, curb or hit some debris while driving.

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Do you think the Corsa is worth the $200 more? The thing leaning me toward Corsa now is the no drone during typical driving. I am not expecting a V8 throat out of a four cylinder just a little better sound and performance. just want the best bang for the buck.
Corsa is always worth the money in my opinion. I run their systems on most of my cars/trucks and love the way they sound.

The other option which in my opinion has a similar sound is AWE. They offer a single tip version as well which I believe you are mostly interested in.

Both of these brands are on sale this month so make sure to check the link below to save.
https://www.lethalperformance.com/info/blackfriday

Thanks!

OP
OP
EndlessAdvnture

EndlessAdvnture

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Autobahn GTI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Corsa is always worth the money in my opinion. I run their systems on most of my cars/trucks and love the way they sound.

The other option which in my opinion has a similar sound is AWE. They offer a single tip version as well which I believe you are mostly interested in.
First Off THANKS for all the info and help. Just clarifying, the turn down will appear the same as a "normal" exhaust pipe but have the same sound as the dual even though it is a single tip? I know the sound doesn't come from the tip but just clarifying in my head. I just want to get the right fit for my Bronco.

Aut-Lin

Black Diamond
First Name
Aut-Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have you considered the Magnaflow Overland system? I have that system on my Bronco 2.3L (w 7mt) and I have been thoroughly impressed with the sound it produces! The adjustability in tone and loudness is also a really cool feature.

I have it on the third quietest setting with the J pipe and cap and I find that setting produces a nice deep and low tone at lower RPMs while accelerating and cruising around town, also produces a nice "burble" when letting off the throttle too. Kinda of reminds me of my Subaru when I had it. Highway cruising there is no noticeable drone, and WOT produces a pretty nice sound for the EcoBoost in my opinion.

OP
OP
EndlessAdvnture

EndlessAdvnture

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Autobahn GTI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have you considered the Magnaflow Overland system? I have that system on my Bronco 2.3L (w 7mt) and I have been thoroughly impressed with the sound it produces! The adjustability in tone and loudness is also a really cool feature.

I have it on the third quietest setting with the J pipe and cap and I find that setting produces a nice deep and low tone at lower RPMs while accelerating and cruising around town, also produces a nice "burble" when letting off the throttle too. Kinda of reminds me of my Subaru when I had it. Highway cruising there is no noticeable drone, and WOT produces a pretty nice sound for the EcoBoost in my opinion.
I have not, I think I Have narrrowed it down to AWE and Corsa. I am leaning toward Corsa I like the sound however didn't think I would go for a simple down pipe.
Sponsored