Sponsored

MBRP. AWE. Ford Performance. 2.3 EXHAUST THOUGHTS/Help/Reviews ?

Baseaf

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Flowmaster American Thunder has the least amount of drone by far. I've ridden in a couple different setups and got the Flowmaster solely on sound. Sounds great on the 2.3. It purrs in the low RPM and sounds great off-road. It's just loud enough. You can hear it in a couple of off-road clips on my channel

Sponsored

OP
OP
EndlessAdvnture

EndlessAdvnture

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Autobahn GTI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Flowmaster American Thunder has the least amount of drone by far. I've ridden in a couple different setups and got the Flowmaster solely on sound. Sounds great on the 2.3. It purrs in the low RPM and sounds great off-road. It's just loud enough. You can hear it in a couple of off-road clips on my channel

That does sound good but I think I have narrowed my options down to AWE and Corsa.

OP
OP
EndlessAdvnture

EndlessAdvnture

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Autobahn GTI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks to everyone in the Thread for putting in their two cents,I think the Corsa is what I am going to go with, even though I would like the tips to be showing the sound of the Corsa is worth it.

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys Unlimited; 2022 Bronco BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My pleasure! So a few weeks ago I took the bronco down to Key West. It's a 4 hour drive from here. Half of which is on the turnpike where speeds are from 60-80mph. The rest of the drive can be anywhere from 25-50mph with slower speeds in traffic. The Corsa system has ZERO drone at any of these speeds.

I didn't weigh each system but being that the muffler used on the Corsa system much smaller than the factory one I believe it would be lighter than the factory system.

As far as their systems go they are only offered in a dual exit setup or a turndown setup. The dual tips are offered in black or polished. The turndown setup doesn't have a tip so if you're really concerned about having visible tips the dual tip system it what I'd recommend.
https://www.lethalperformance.com/s...bronco/exhaust/catback-systems/corsa?limit=18
21207_a_lowres.jpg

21208bpc_a_lowres.jpg

The other option which is also a very good one would be to use the AWE single tip setup. Another great sounding system and #2 on my list of best sounding systems for the bronco. Here's a link to them.
https://www.lethalperformance.com/s.../ford-2021-bronco/exhaust/catback-systems/awe
emfiwiiq.png

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!
Is this the one from your video with both 2.3 and 2.7? Looking for the 2.7 4 door option from the video. That sound is exactly what I am looking for.

Ford Bronco MBRP. AWE. Ford Performance. 2.3 EXHAUST THOUGHTS/Help/Reviews ? 1668701210286

lethaljake

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Is this the one from your video with both 2.3 and 2.7? Looking for the 2.7 4 door option from the video. That sound is exactly what I am looking for.

Ford Bronco MBRP. AWE. Ford Performance. 2.3 EXHAUST THOUGHTS/Help/Reviews ? 1668701210286
You are correct, that's it!

And just in case, here's the cold start video as well!​

Sponsored

lethaljake

First Edition
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks to everyone in the Thread for putting in their two cents,I think the Corsa is what I am going to go with, even though I would like the tips to be showing the sound of the Corsa is worth it.
Did you see the cold start video I just posted above? :)

rtd16

Big Bend
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
First, I hope you like the Corsa. I'll throw in a third cent if their are others considering an upgraded exhaust, since I have the 2.3L and did a lot of the contemplating it sounds like you are doing.

I ultimately went with the Ford Performance axle back set up (actually made by Borla). I am really happy with it. While you are never going to get great "V8" sound out of a 4 cylinder, it has nice rumble on cold start and a good throaty gurgle. I also have a Mustang GT, and had a contractor at my house the other day. I started and left with the Bronco for an errand, and when I came back he asked what was in it because he thought I had started the Mustang. He was shocked it had a 4 cylinder.

I think drone ends up being a "to each his own" situation. The Ford Performance/Borla set up has some drone, but it's minimal when you are driving an off road soft top vehicle with all the road noise, it doesn't really bother me.

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We have tested a bunch of systems on the 2.3

Sadly our favorite isnt released yet but will be coming soon :)

Our second favorite is the MBRP

Getting good sound out of the 2.3 is not easy but its something that MBRP does very very well! There is zero drone and it is not overly obnoxious but gives the 2.3 a very deep sounding tone.

Our third favorite would be the magnaflow overland series again they give you a very deep tone and little to no drone. We tested this exhaust on the 2.3 & 2.7 but never got footage of the 2.3 as SEMA rushed us last year!

AWE is a great company and makes a great product but to everyone here at Panda it is the loudest exhaust on the 2.3 we have tested so far that does give a little more drone than the others above. Personally I feel the AWE does not give as deep of a tone and for me thats what the 2.3 really needs so its fallen down a little bit on my list.

We have a corsa system coming to test next but do not have a video of that one on a 2.3 yet but do hear great reviews just wish we had more stock of them to push!

Id be happy to assist you with your purchase in any way we can!

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys Unlimited; 2022 Bronco BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You are correct, that's it!

And just in case, here's the cold start video as well!​

Take my money. Thank you. I will be placing order.

Sponsored
OP
OP
EndlessAdvnture

EndlessAdvnture

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Autobahn GTI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We have tested a bunch of systems on the 2.3

Sadly our favorite isnt released yet but will be coming soon :)

Our second favorite is the MBRP

Getting good sound out of the 2.3 is not easy but its something that MBRP does very very well! There is zero drone and it is not overly obnoxious but gives the 2.3 a very deep sounding tone.

Our third favorite would be the magnaflow overland series again they give you a very deep tone and little to no drone. We tested this exhaust on the 2.3 & 2.7 but never got footage of the 2.3 as SEMA rushed us last year!

AWE is a great company and makes a great product but to everyone here at Panda it is the loudest exhaust on the 2.3 we have tested so far that does give a little more drone than the others above. Personally I feel the AWE does not give as deep of a tone and for me thats what the 2.3 really needs so its fallen down a little bit on my list.

We have a corsa system coming to test next but do not have a video of that one on a 2.3 yet but do hear great reviews just wish we had more stock of them to push!

Id be happy to assist you with your purchase in any way we can!
That is a really good write up! Why is the MBRP so much cheaper? I have no problem spending less but I want to make sure I am paying for quality and will not be needing to be replaced quickly? MBRP is near the top and mainly because they are some of the lowest in cost. I am willing to wait but the #1 on your list, when will it be coming out and will the price be below $1,000?? Thanks

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That is a really good write up! Why is the MBRP so much cheaper? I have no problem spending less but I want to make sure I am paying for quality and will not be needing to be replaced quickly? MBRP is near the top and mainly because they are some of the lowest in cost. I am willing to wait but the #1 on your list, when will it be coming out and will the price be below $1,000?? Thanks
MBRP has a great warranty & been around for many many years. We have never had a issue with them supporting a customer or making a bad product! Truthfully Exhaust companies have great margins and some of that comes to marketing. MBRP does market but a tad differently which helps keep the cost down over some other companies!

They offer a couple different options (aluminized steel & 304SS) My recommendation would be the 304SS as it will hold up longer and battle salt more than the aluminized steel option.

For the other system I dropped a hint at last I heard it will be under $1000 and they are shooting for a Q1 2023 Launch.

We asked them to change a few things and maybe include another piece to truly make this one of the best systems coming to market! I wish I could share more info but until I we have the final details worked out I do not want to share something that may not be true!

Thank you

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I will throw my 2 cents in for Corsa. Every vehicle I have ever added exhaust to has been Corsa. Great sound with no drone, even on my G8, which was near impossible for exhaust companies with the AFM.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OP
OP
EndlessAdvnture

EndlessAdvnture

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Autobahn GTI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Corsa is way over priced. I would slow down and do more research. There are many options without drone in typical driving and arent extremely overpriced
What have you found to be the best bang for your buck? Because under 1K is my hope and right now all Corsa options for that. BUT the MBRP is the cheapest.
Sponsored