Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door Outer Banks, Kia soul 4u
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe try remote start to get the interior cool before entry? I can't imagine leather would be any different in the Texas heat
I have leather and although hot when you get in, I drive with the top down. 9/10 times in 30C+ / 86F+ daily and it's fine. I don't get the back sweat.

I wonder how MGV would be for me.
Sponsored

JJBadlands

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Point one or both driver side air vents at your legs/crotch. If alone turn off the far right passenger vent and angle the inner passenger vent towards your face. Crank it up. This helps a lot!! I have MGV in a very hot climate without tinted windows and these steps really help. Worst case get a beach towel, cut 2 holes in the top of towel to mount in the headrest and the swamp will stop.

Bronc_Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hear these will make your seats more comfortable...

Screen Shot 2022-08-07 at 10.49.59 AM.png

I do miss my ventilated seats that I had on my previous vehicle. However, I understand why the Bronco doesn't have them and I'm not losing sleep over it. But they were nice!
Eh, why the Bronco went with MGV is all marketing BS.

Calling this a "wash out" interior is misleading. The vinyl seats are not water proof. the stitching isn't taped, and there are several non-vinyl sections. This creates a situation for water to easily get underneath the vinyl and then get trapped there.

The floor is the same. It's not sealed, and its actually made of open cell foam on the inside. The water can easily get in, but can't easily get out.

MMM sealed in moisture, what could go wrong?

It is a wipe out interior, or - at best - a "spill proof" interior.

I'd much rather have heavy duty carpet (that can dry completely) good floor mats (that you can throw on the drive way and actually wash out) and seats that breath (that you can put seat covers on when mudding).

I knew the MGV was going to suck, but I didn't expect the floor to be as bad as it is.

Bronc_Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have leather and although hot when you get in, I drive with the top down. 9/10 times in 30C+ / 86F+ daily and it's fine. I don't get the back sweat.

I wonder how MGV would be for me.
MGV is just vinyl. There is nothing special about it. When it comes to engines marine grade means the seals are better, when it comes to wood it means the sealant is better, when it comes to vinyl it means nothing. Vinyl is already marine grade.

Anyway...

I get the back/butt sweat in any temperature if the drive is long enough. But in moderate temps (so above 70..) It happens pretty much within 15 minutes.

It's not a full on sweat, but it's enough to make your clothes cling to you.

I went with MGV because aftermarket leather is the same price as it was from Ford and I don't have to get it in black.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Eh, why the Bronco went with MGV is all marketing BS.

Calling this a "wash out" interior is misleading. The vinyl seats are not water proof. the stitching isn't taped, and there are several non-vinyl sections. This creates a situation for water to easily get underneath the vinyl and then get trapped there.

The floor is the same. It's not sealed, and its actually made of open cell foam on the inside. The water can easily get in, but can't easily get out.

MMM sealed in moisture, what could go wrong?

It is a wipe out interior, or - at best - a "spill proof" interior.

I'd much rather have heavy duty carpet (that can dry completely) good floor mats (that you can throw on the drive way and actually wash out) and seats that breath (that you can put seat covers on when mudding).

I knew the MGV was going to suck, but I didn't expect the floor to be as bad as it is.
Out of curiosity, what’s the floor like in a Wrangler? Is is similar in nature or can water not get under that floor?

Sponsored

Deleted member 32220

Carpet comes out of a wrangler without removing any interior parts. it has plastic snaps like the ones used for floor mats. It also has a bunch of drain plugs. Water was up to my heels on the drivers side.

SurfsUp85

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door Outer Banks, Kia soul 4u
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

MGV is just vinyl. There is nothing special about it. When it comes to engines marine grade means the seals are better, when it comes to wood it means the sealant is better, when it comes to vinyl it means nothing. Vinyl is already marine grade.

Anyway...

I get the back/butt sweat in any temperature if the drive is long enough. But in moderate temps (so above 70..) It happens pretty much within 15 minutes.

It's not a full on sweat, but it's enough to make your clothes cling to you.

I went with MGV because aftermarket leather is the same price as it was from Ford and I don't have to get it in black.
Absolutely.

Someone told me that the MGV is basically like what you get in a boat. Which I think is a brilliant idea for seats. I bet they are great.

Bronc_Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I gotta tell ya, every leather seat vehicle I have ever had without ventilated seats I have hated because of how much swamp ass I get. I was worried about the MGV, but I absolutely do not get swamp ass with these seats. Don't get me wrong, they get good and hot when the sun beats down on them, but they do not seem to HOLD heat like leather does. With leather (unventilated) it's like the seat gets hotter the longer I sit in it. Not to with the MGV.

I just did 3100 miles from HTX, to Santa Fe, Moab for a week and Colorado. Never once broke a butt sweat. It's been great! Couldn't be happier with the MGV!

Seat covers should fix you up though.
I don't know what to think of this. I currently have MGV and find it worse than leather for getting hot and not breathing. What you've said goes against the molecular structure of leather and vinyl.

BenBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 and 2020 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alabama, 100° and no issue with MGV here. The a/c is amazing in the Bronco.
Mine get a little warm with the top off but not more than what I expected.

2050Broncoorsomething

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ive got the MGV and I really enjoy them. Live in South Tennessee so it gets pretty warm down here. I just use the Global Window option on the fob and let it air out.
Sponsored