Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Glad you think your opinion is fact.

My guess is others will disagree with you.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For a daily driver in any hot environment. After driving an hour with ac on max, get where I’m going and back is soaked with sweat. Mgv doesn’t breathe at all (that’s it’s job). For having fun in the dirt it’s great to be able to easily clean.
For daily driver it sucks.
That’s all.
Gonna go order some seat covers now.
Exactly why I ordered an OBX with cloth, otherwise, I might have gone for the BL.

cubes32

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Try ceramic window tint. You can even get clear ceramic tint for the windshield and it will block the heat.
+1 on the windshield tint. Makes a huge difference.

Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I got the BB specifically so I could get cloth and rear locker. To each there own but back when 6G folks were so excited to get vinyl seats I was thinking these are the same (younger) people that think vinyl records sound better than digital. :unsure:
Yes, leave the marine grade vinyl on the boat. I'm very happy with the automotive grade cloth!

My problem with cloth tho, is that is just absorbs all that sweat and over time just stinks. We chose leather for ours here in Texas, have a GearShade and keep the top off most of the time. GearShade has been incredible, works way better than I ever imagined.
00-8f2397c3fea4_1.baaa1c1e553518ea9d549c48825fd411.jpg

Bo-Ronco

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For daily driver it sucks.
I gotta tell ya, every leather seat vehicle I have ever had without ventilated seats I have hated because of how much swamp ass I get. I was worried about the MGV, but I absolutely do not get swamp ass with these seats. Don't get me wrong, they get good and hot when the sun beats down on them, but they do not seem to HOLD heat like leather does. With leather (unventilated) it's like the seat gets hotter the longer I sit in it. Not to with the MGV.

I just did 3100 miles from HTX, to Santa Fe, Moab for a week and Colorado. Never once broke a butt sweat. It's been great! Couldn't be happier with the MGV!

Seat covers should fix you up though.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone living in Texas should have known you don’t do MGV or even leather, especially in a vehicle that goes topless. That’s why I went cloth in mine in Arizona, and it’s perfect.

Even white MGV on boat seats in the Midwest gets too hot to touch on a sunny day.
Leather, real leather, isn't a problem. My wife has had a vehicle with leather for the last 10-15 years and they are just fine. MGV, leatherette or Leather trimmed seats are a completely different story. With me getting a Badlands, I had to get MGV or Vinyl with leather trimming. So the people out there saying, "You should know better." There isn't a choice...........

I live in Phoenix Arizona and don’t have any issues.
I think the humidity and being in the seats for hours is the issues of me.

long_road

Big Bend
First Name
TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202? 4dr CG Big Bend 2.3 7MT (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm still foolishly crossing my fingers Ford might offer the BD or BL with cloth as an option in 2023. I switched down to a BB solely because of the MGV. I'm squarely in the camp that suffers mightily from "swamp ass" with vinyl seats. I spent about 20 seconds sitting in a BL on a dealer lot outside with the top down and realized there'd be no way I could live with it.

Also, I definitely think music sounds better on vinyl.

(Though I do acknowledge CDs are technically the superior format...)

Sponsored

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm still foolishly crossing my fingers Ford might offer the BD or BL with cloth as an option in 2023. I switched down to a BB solely because of the MGV. I'm squarely in the camp that suffers mightily from "swamp ass" with vinyl seats. I spent about 20 seconds sitting in a BL on a dealer lot outside with the top down and realized there'd be no way I could live with it.

Also, I definitely think music sounds better on vinyl.

(Though I do acknowledge CDs are technically the superior format...)
Just something to think about, Ford is having issues with their cloth seats across most vehicles.

level3looper

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the OP knows window tints etc are not really going to help much on long drives in the heat. But, to me the benefits of mgv make it the best choice. The 'sucky' part has easy solves. This past weekend, in the 90s, I drove all around the Catskills in NY with no top or doors. The Catskills has it's own wee microclimate. With no rain in the forecast, I got soaked several times. Last night it rained and I didn't put the top panels on. I didn't lose a wink of sleep. (y)

OP
OP
DaveInSA

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the OP knows window tints etc are not really going to help much on long drives in the heat. But, to me the benefits of mgv make it the best choice. The 'sucky' part has easy solves. This past weekend, in the 90s, I drove all around the Catskills in NY with no top or doors. The Catskills has it's own wee microclimate. With no rain in the forecast, I got soaked several times. Last night it rained and I didn't put the top panels on. I didn't lose a wink of sleep. (y)
But surely window tint will help.... when my complaint isn't about sun on the seats making them hot :)
I think most people read 'mgv hot' and take off from there.

midwesterpioneer

Base
First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F150, 2006 Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just something to think about, Ford is having issues with their cloth seats across most vehicles.
What type of issues are they having? Supply or quality?

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What type of issues are they having? Supply or quality?
Quality. the cloth in the base is coming away from the batting under it. The Mavrick and many other seats are having this issue. It is one of those thing that look cheap and from videos I've seen causes discomfort driving. TFL is showing it here in their F150 Lighting.
Sponsored