First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
that cloth strip was added to help with long term durability, and stave off premature wear through, esp. with the grab handle contact point. running changes like this are done all the time, but usually go un-noticed. Not in this forum LOL. get out the microscope.
Yes, people get picky. Personally, I wouldn't care either way, whether that strip was cloth or MGV on my seats. But one of each? C'mon, man...

What if they did that on your A/C temperature control knobs? One with a digital readout in the knob, the other without. Wouldn't that drive you just a little bit nuts?

PcDBronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2015 F250 Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2021 badlands 2 dr 7 spd base interior. All mgv in there

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
You know, if your bronco was a coin, this type of manufacturing defect would make it more valuable!

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

3/11 built 22' 2D BL and both seats have the fabric strips.

Sponsored

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes, people get picky. Personally, I wouldn't care either way, whether that strip was cloth or MGV on my seats. But one of each? C'mon, man...

What if they did that on your A/C temperature control knobs? One with a digital readout in the knob, the other without. Wouldn't that drive you just a little bit nuts?
Asymmetrical changes are done all the time. Like I said, the Grab handle being ONLY on the RH side is probably why it was done. The vehicle is NOT homologated for global sale, therefore there's no RHD variant, thus the LH seat is un-changed. In automotive engineering, changing ONE seat is way cheaper than changing a second one or more, for something that does not need or require it. (i.e.- the LH seat assemblies)

EDIT: to answer your "knob" question- YES, that would drive me nuts, because it stares you in the face. The gore panel on the inboard edge of the seat cushion bolster does not, because it blends in, and most of the times they have a fat ass planted on them :ROFLMAO:

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 2022 four door Badlands with leather has a cloth strip on the console side of both seats.

I would not care unless they are mismatched. That would be not cool. Haha

Joey.calc

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I might have to. Maybe this is One of the stupid changes for MY22. I’ll wait and see if other people have it.
Most of the subtle changes from '21 to '22 are actually good things - a lot of tiny changes were made to fix issues from the '21 models. One good example is the side-mirrors; mine have small "fins" on the outside edge that stop the wind noise and whistling folks were getting from the mirrors at high speeds. This could very well be a fix due to squeaking or an issue with the MGV being there. I will take a look at mine when I get a chance (I have a '22 Black Diamond that was just delivered about 2 weeks ago).

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most of the subtle changes from '21 to '22 are actually good things - a lot of tiny changes were made to fix issues from the '21 models. One good example is the side-mirrors; mine have small "fins" on the outside edge that stop the wind noise and whistling folks were getting from the mirrors at high speeds. This could very well be a fix due to squeaking or an issue with the MGV being there. I will take a look at mine when I get a chance (I have a '22 Black Diamond that was just delivered about 2 weeks ago).
Oh crap, here we go, I have a '22 without the little fins on the mirrors and they whistle something terrible at times!!

Joey.calc

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oh crap, here we go, I have a '22 without the little fins on the mirrors and they whistle something terrible at times!!
From what I have seen in the Ultimate non-sasquatch Black Diamond thread (which I checked every single day before mine was delivered), the change started with '22 models that were delivered around the end of March. So it is a mid-model-year change interestingly enough. As soon as I saw a photo of one I noticed them right away (wondered why I hadn't noticed them before) and looked back at prior photos - it was just that new one that had the fins. Now, every single photo of new deliveries from that point onward has them.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

From what I have seen in the Ultimate non-sasquatch Black Diamond thread (which I checked every single day before mine was delivered), the change started with '22 models that were delivered around the end of March. So it is a mid-model-year change interestingly enough. As soon as I saw a photo of one I noticed them right away (wondered why I hadn't noticed them before) and looked back at prior photos - it was just that new one that had the fins. Now, every single photo of new deliveries from that point onward has them.
Since you mentioned the mirror fins, I relate that it drives me nuts from a distance as it catches light differently. After detailing the Bronco, I'll look and notice a "streak" and think I missed washing some bug smear. Even though I know about the fins, it still catches my eye thinking I missed a detail in cleaning.

atx_chance

Badlands
First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 1993 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine has the cloth strip on both driver and passenger side @Tdifonzo … Why is Ford still trolling you even now?? Haha damn!

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Full MGV or a little bit of cloth, either way, I promise you don't actually want to hose out your entire interior. It's still a modern automobile (with electronics/sensors/wiring everywhere), not a submarine. I wouldn't even make a habit of letting it get rained in.

ATV/UTV interiors are designed to actually be IP54 or so, but they don't have big LCD screens and knobs all over the place. My Polaris Ranger EV has like 4 toggle switches and that's it.

Shabib

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does anybody with the MGV seats have this strip of fabric on their passenger seat? The right side doesn’t have it and the drivers seats doesn’t have it. 🤔

A718CCCF-566E-46F0-AB0F-0FC25061C3C5.jpeg
Just checked mine and they do not look like this.

bhb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2021 BD 4D w/ MGV - cloth on both sides. Late 21 build.

seats.jpg
Sponsored