ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yet you still managed it, your mom must be proud.
Well its good that one of us can... and the other just wants to argue with OP even though they are making the same point....but once again, reading is hard...

DesertEagle1776

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old-Timey Bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone tried something like this?

Zone Tech Black Cooling Car Seat Cushion 2-Pack

I'm in Southern NV and all of us down here in the Mojave and Sonoran deserts have hot seats in every fabric. I pretty much plan on having something like this during the summer months but haven't decided on which one yet.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
JTop

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Imagine there isn’t any AC. Imagine using a key and having to pump the accelerator to start your vehicle. Imagine having to manually crank your windows to get them either up or down. Imagine wipers had only two speeds. Imagine if there was a radio, it only received AM stations. Imagine non tinted windows. Imagine a ride so harsh, the fillings in your teeth rattled. Young folks are soft. Lol
Imagine my first car was this and when windows froze and I tried to wind down manually and it snapped off the handle so I had to drill a flat spot into the bit and carry around a screwdriver if I wanted to wind it down or up

Sponsored

Saw4Fire

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For a daily driver in any hot environment. After driving an hour with ac on max, get where I’m going and back is soaked with sweat. Mgv doesn’t breathe at all (that’s it’s job). For having fun in the dirt it’s great to be able to easily clean.
For daily driver it sucks.
That’s all.
Gonna go order some seat covers now.
Sounds like a Texan.

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BaseSquatch, 2021 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just re-upholstered my basesquatch with leather and anticipated that it would be much hotter than the cloth, but in reality it is not. Just get a windshield sun visor and tint your side windows. Problem solved.

OP
OP
DaveInSA

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, as I thought, CalTrend didn't realize (I guess) that there are different kinds of seats available in the Bronco. They asked for pictures of mine to confirm, and I got this:

Thank you for providing us with the images requested. We have confirmed with our designer and it appears this pattern is not yet available. At the moment we do not have an estimated date as to when this will be available.
And for those saying 'get tint, get a sunscreen, whatever'.. I have. I have darkest legal ceramic tint I can get, I use a sunshade, etc.

It's not that the sun is shining on the seats and making them super hot (well not only that). It's that they don't breathe. So when you've already been out in the heat and YOU are that hot and then you sit on these weatherproof seats, the sweat has no where to go. And you keep sweating.
AC on full blast, but it doesn't get to your butt and back where it's sitting on the seat.
You can lean forward and let air get there, but the butt is harder.

And some people truly haven't experienced the Texas/Arizona/Lousianna hot. It's a different hot. Lousianna is hot and humid. Arizona is f'ing hot and dry. Texas is a mix. You walk outside and your skin sizzles.. The sun is about 3 feet from your face. The temperatures of the air above paved areas is 110+.. Every friend I've had visit that has complained about heat gets here, and their first statement is something similar to "@#%^ @#%@%" :)

Anyways, off I go to find some company making cloth/fabric seat covers for the MGV. I'm not ready to plop $3,000 on ventilated katskins when I plan on trading in this Bronco on a wildtrak.

Sponsored

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BaseSquatch, 2021 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have 7MT. No remote start.
This may be a dumb question but is remote start different from starting the truck with the Fordpass app? I'm pretty sure my basesquatch does not have remote start, but I can start it with Fordpass app. I would assume you could do that with a manual as well, but honestly don't know. Just a thought.

OP
OP
DaveInSA

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This may be a dumb question but is remote start different from starting the truck with the Fordpass app? I'm pretty sure my basesquatch does not have remote start, but I can start it with Fordpass app. I would assume you could do that with a manual as well, but honestly don't know. Just a thought.
Remote start is not available on the manual at all (without forscan hacks). It's a safety thing, and I and most people I know leave the vehicle in gear when off as a back up to the parking brake. Wouldn't be able to start it without it driving off on its own.

The remote app uses a different method I guess. If your Bronco didn't come from factory with remote start and it's an auto, you can add remote start easily by adding the Perimeter Plus Vehicle Security System. It's adds remote start where you use the stock remote to lock, unlock, lock and it starts it up.

VegasJason

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley 04 FLHRSI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For a daily driver in any hot environment. After driving an hour with ac on max, get where I’m going and back is soaked with sweat. Mgv doesn’t breathe at all (that’s it’s job). For having fun in the dirt it’s great to be able to easily clean.
For daily driver it sucks.
That’s all.
Gonna go order some seat covers now.
As a desert dweller in Las Vegas, even with cloth seats we get this. Tinted windows, cloth seats, AC full blast, it’s just the life we live. Fury Road over here.

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone living in Texas should have known you don’t do MGV or even leather, especially in a vehicle that goes topless. That’s why I went cloth in mine in Arizona, and it’s perfect.
My problem with cloth tho, is that is just absorbs all that sweat and over time just stinks. We chose leather for ours here in Texas, have a GearShade and keep the top off most of the time. GearShade has been incredible, works way better than I ever imagined.

I do miss the cooled seats I had on the vehicle I traded in tho... that was a nice feeling!

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love the MGV seats. Not a chance I'd go with cloth because keeping it clean would be a nightmare due to all of the dust and dirt when off-roading. MGV and washout interior are perfect for me here in Colorado!

broncodozer.jpg
Sponsored