Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR CB OBX SAS & 2000 Lexus LS400
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The weather over the weekend was ideal for removing the top and doors, so naturally I couldn't resist. :)

One of the MIC 2.0 improvements (at least for the 2DR) is hardware securing it to the roll bar, right at the back of the two top panels. It's the same screws that you remove inside the cabin when taking off the back cap, however they are slightly longer. I was stumped briefly as it's not mentioned on the Bronco Nation 2DR hard top removal video. I assume this was to make the top more rigid and address some of the annoying sounds from earlier examples.

When replacing the doors..... I advise blue taping the entire fender edge, and tossing the joke bumpers provided. Especially if it's your first time replacing the doors. I nicked about a half inch spot on the edge of the drivers side door from not having enough tape covering the fender. I ordered some Motorcraft SB touch-up paint first thing this morning to take care of that and a few other spots that have appeared. The tires are rock throwers!

Also..... I have noticed some of the "honeycomb" texture around the curved edges of the MIC 2.0 top. I'm starting to think that this is inevitable because of Ford's proprietary design, so we might as well get used to it. I haven't reported it, but I am curious if other's are seeing it was well.

20211009_175217.jpg

20211009_175331.jpg

20211009_175351.jpg

20211010_190031.jpg
Sponsored

Tkekich

Big Bend
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for your observations and suggestions. Your rig looks awesome! If I may ask, when was your blend date?, etc..mine was build on July 23 and still sits at dirt mountain..

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The weather over the weekend was ideal for removing the top and doors, so naturally I couldn't resist. :)

One of the MIC 2.0 improvements (at least for the 2DR) is hardware securing it to the roll bar, right at the back of the two top panels. It's the same screws that you remove inside the cabin when taking off the back cap, however they are slightly longer. I was stumped briefly as it's not mentioned on the Bronco Nation 2DR hard top removal video. I assume this was to make the top more rigid and address some of the annoying sounds from earlier examples.

When replacing the doors..... I advise blue taping the entire fender edge, and tossing the joke bumpers provided. Especially if it's your first time replacing the doors. I nicked about a half inch spot on the edge of the drivers side door from not having enough tape covering the fender. I ordered some Motorcraft SB touch-up paint first thing this morning to take care of that and a few other spots that have appeared. The tires are rock throwers!

Also..... I have noticed some of the "honeycomb" texture around the curved edges of the MIC 2.0 top. I'm starting to think that this is inevitable because of Ford's proprietary design, so we might as well get used to it. I haven't reported it, but I am curious if other's are seeing it was well.

Ford Bronco MIC 2.0 20211010_190031

LOVE IT! Waiting on similar ... I have Day 1 Res .... CO, Bad Lands, 2DR, MT, LUX ... thought of making changes but likley to stay with my original build .... EXCEPT add Sasquatch. And take out the Tow Package.

I just hope I'm not putting myself into MY23 !?!

OP
OP
broncoky

broncoky

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for your observations and suggestions. Your rig looks awesome! If I may ask, when was your blend date?, etc..mine was build on July 23 and still sits at dirt mountain..
7/2

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks great I would report the hardtop so you can get ford to send another on there dime you shouldn’t be seeing honey comb pattern

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you elaborate on where you are finding the rock damage? Would love to know where to look in advance. I might bit the bullet and get the flaps for the front.

OP
OP
broncoky

broncoky

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can you elaborate on where you are finding the rock damage? Would love to know where to look in advance. I might bit the bullet and get the flaps for the front.
The running boards seem to help with the rocks. There is a small gap in between the wheel and the steps on the sasquatch package that channels, rocks, dirt, etc. I've only noticed a chip on my painted door handle. At interstate speed it will throw things towards the door handle. It's very unsettling hearing the rocks hit underneath/somewhere on the vehicle as it can pick up some large ones. This is especially true when you go down a gravel drive, etc. There was a thread that suggested the sasquatch tires should be called the geologist and I couldn't agree more.
Sponsored