Jak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Need to put in my order and Im not sure if I should get the MIC or painted black.
Im planning to wrap my black Badlands with the green below.

My dilemma is will it match the MIC?

Im assuming the side view mirrors and fenders are the same color as the roof (but even that is questionable in some pictures) so Id prefer to order that option as opposed to getting a painted black top and doing a full wrap.

If the MIC is closer to the fenders and side view mirrors of black 2 door below then great. But if it's like the Area 51 overlander then Ill have to do something else.

Any insight or suggestion would be greatly appreciated!

Ford Bronco MIC actual color and matching green wrap Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 11.56.27 PM

Ford Bronco MIC actual color and matching green wrap Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 2.43.58 PM

Ford Bronco MIC actual color and matching green wrap 20201205_163904
Sponsored

Last edited:

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 2 door is painted. The A51 is the grey color of the MIC.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’d get the painted (modular) top and wrap it in the same color as the body.

OP
OP

Jak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 2 door is painted. The A51 is the grey color of the MIC.
I should have been clearer in what I said, I meant, closer to the color of the fenders and side view mirrors of the black two door. Edited.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep. 2-door is black painted Mod Top.

Most Recent MIC tops from KOH show considerably darker than the A51 4-door you posted a picture of.

Ford Bronco MIC actual color and matching green wrap 1613432222994

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's still grey not black. It looks different depending on the lighting.

Reactions: Jak

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Below are the new, slightly darker color MIC. But, it is not the same exact color as the mirror caps and flares as those are MIC black and the roof is MIC dark grey. They are different.

Ford Bronco MIC actual color and matching green wrap DE0163EA-AB2B-4628-9931-816467F00362

Ford Bronco MIC actual color and matching green wrap 8C0C135B-1BFE-4066-A180-087B1F79DACD

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Need to put in my order and Im not sure if I should get the MIC or painted black.

Im assuming the side view mirrors and fenders are the same color as the roof (but even that is questionable in some pictures) so Id prefer to order that option as opposed to getting a painted black top and doing a full wrap.

If the MIC is closer to the fenders and side view mirrors of black 2 door below then great. But if it's like the Area 51 overlander then Ill have to do something else.

Ford Bronco MIC actual color and matching green wrap 8C0C135B-1BFE-4066-A180-087B1F79DACD

Side question. That color looks awesome. How much do these wraps usually go for?

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Supposed new MIC color vs old. Looks the same. It's the lighting that makes it look different. Can see it clearly in the above post. Looks dark under the big cloud yet same vehicle in the picture below is a lot lighter. The door pillar matches the flares which is a lot darker than the top.

Ford Bronco MIC actual color and matching green wrap MIC

OP
OP

Jak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Side question. That color looks awesome. How much do these wraps usually go for?
I found a couple of places starting from $2500. Not sure how detailed they are though

Sponsored
OP
OP

Jak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Supposed new MIC color vs old. Looks the same. It's the lighting that makes it look different. Can see it clearly in the above post. Looks dark under the big cloud yet same vehicle in the picture below is a lot lighter. The door pillar matches the flares which is a lot darker than the top.

MIC.jpg
It'd be good to get a solid answer on this. If they are darker then Ill just get the new MIC.

The picture below is also from KOH. Looks like the original "lighter" MIC

2021-bronco-rtr-wheels-area-51-2-door-koh-3-jpg.jpg

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Note your picture from KOH is in the sun so it looks lighter. The very dark one above is under a big dark cloud. I really prefer the dark color MIC and hope that it is but doesn't appear to be the case. It's called Carbonized Grey which in the paint they offer is definitely not black.

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Ford Bronco MIC actual color and matching green wrap 2021-bronco-rtr-wheels-area-51-2-door-koh-3-

Ford Bronco MIC actual color and matching green wrap 2021-bronco-rtr-wheels-area-51-2-door-koh-3-

My son wants that green wrap and those doors so it looks like a Warthog from that Halo video game, haha. I have to admit, I'm really digging it myself!

Reactions: Jak

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

If your wrapping anyway then get the black mod top and wrap it white, that'll look good with the green. That or keep the MIC top and buy a soft top when available.

OP
OP

Jak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Note your picture from KOH is in the sun so it looks lighter. The very dark one above is under a big dark cloud. I really prefer the dark color MIC and hope that it is but doesn't appear to be the case. It's called Carbonized Grey which in the paint they offer is definitely not black.
Agreed. And that's my point, the picture in the sun would be more accurate. But these are pre-production models. I just hope they come out with a darker MIC.
Sponsored